shape
carat
color
clarity

My new marquise diamond ring!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
It is very pretty, I would totally do something vintage with that when you reset it.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was looking at your stone again today, I wonder if you beautifully slender fingers can even have it set east west with a halo....your stone might be to honkin big ;-)

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a lovely stone in a really great size. Since I tend to like things streamlined, I'd go for the classic N/S setting with pear sides. That's a forever style.

BlingDreamer

Rough_Rock
Loving all this marquise love!

It's funny how less than 1 mm makes such a huge difference. I have a bunch of CZ's from Chris in the UK to help with size reference. I was using the 12x6 as my benchmark. I just put them side by side... yeah, halo plans may have to change.

Ladies, LOVE the settings you posted! I've seen 2 out of 3 before and have them saved as "contenders". Here's two more contenders, less the melee on the first one. Oh, if only I had millions to buy that it pink... :love:

with_baguettes.jpg

marquise-traps-ring.jpg

The longer this solitaire sits on my hand, the more I absolutely love it as it is. It feels like she's the main attraction. I never thought I'd be so crazy over a solitaire, but it appears it's growing on me. I've always been more of a "it's about the whole ring design, not the diamond". She's just so pretty to me!

fiona00004, you guys have had it really rough in Montreal this year. I hope reprieve is coming soon for all of us!

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much for the wedding band pictures! Now, where in the heck did you get it? I think it it totally stunning and perfectly compliments the ring that you have now.

gemtastic

Shiny_Rock
that is a stunner!! so many beautiful setting options. I always liked portia de rosi (sp?), set EW by Neil Lane I believe.
Thank you for sharing your pics of such a beautiful stone--so great to see a giant marquise, I think its been awhile!
I applaud you from learning from this forum, taking things with a grain of salt, and at then end choosing what you love! No one wears a GIA certificate on their finger :lol:

BlingDreamer

Rough_Rock
StacylikesSparkles, Poppyseed over on Diamond Bistro did it for me. It was about $550, if I recall correctly. I love it with this ring. I actually had it done to go with my old engagement ring. It's a really versatile ring, understated sparkle factor as a wedding band or you could use it as a stacking ring.

gemtastic, thanks! I still can't believe it's mine :) I was adamant that not every diamond out there that was worthy of being called "beautiful" carried a GIA cert. It's simply not possible. Great vendors and return policies also make it easier ;-) And it's personal taste, I was fine with a warm stone, an unpopular cut, and a certificate most people stay away from.

Here's Portia's ring in case people haven't seen it. I adore it as well.

portia_de_rossi.jpg

BlingDreamer

Rough_Rock
tyty333, that is beautiful. I love the engraving and the sapphire surprise stones. She's a lucky lady!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is gorgeous! I love it and know that many people will appreciate your taking the time to share your experience.

Love that flouro pic by the way!!

fabulousfindk

Shiny_Rock
BEAUTIFUL diamond. Just gorgeous. I would keep it just the way it is, but that's just me! Enjoy it! Thanks for sharing :appl:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it the way it is too......................

BlingDreamer

Rough_Rock
:) I have to say, ladies, I'm really starting to agree with you. I still love that sapphire halo, but I think the diamond is too big (I can't believe I'm saying that...) and the whole thing would border on "too much" for every day, at least with my finger size.

Hubby will be happy about the money saved, but he doesn't realize that other projects will just get bumped up ahead of schedule :naughty:

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that's quite a marquise!!! Wear it in health!

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Awesome marquis and will look good either way you set it, although I'm partial to E/W settings with any elongated stone. My daughter wants a marquis but her finger is a 7 1/2 and she wants it to elongate her finger. Setting it E/W sure gives a lot of coverage though.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beeeeeautifulllllll! :love: :appl: :love: :appl: It's huge! :shock: :appl:

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh I love a nice marquise. :love: :Up_to_something:

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!! And soo biiiig!!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

BlingDreamer

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! It's amazing to get such a response! :D

ariel444, has your daughter tried on a marquise? Does it give her the effect she's hoping for?

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! But I love a marquise too!

I have a 1.5 marquise, just a hair smaller in mm than yours, but similar proportions, even the flor and grading…and my ring size is a 4.75. I started off with a vintage platinum erring, tapered baguette solitaire style and loved it, but developed a platinum allergy, so changed the setting to a N/S halo and love it.

I do love the looks of your current setting, very classic and elegant! Have you tried stacking the two wedding bands together? I love the dainty look of your wedding band too!

Thanks for sharing your diamond buying experience! =)

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
Nice marquise. Enjoy! :)

BlingDreamer

Rough_Rock
Thanks Ara Ann! I was just looking through your old posts to see if I could find pics of your ring. I absolutely love your new set, congratulations! How many mm does your halo measure from top to bottom? My concern as my ring sits on my hand is that the halo would sit up further than my knuckle with a wedding band on, not sure how odd that would look. Does yours do that at all? I have tried stacking the two bands together (the e-band has to go in the middle, otherwise it looks odd). It's great to have a few ways to wear the ring.

That said, I came across another post where ClassyRocks was contemplating keeping "Ava". That one really made me swing back to the sapphire halo as the contrast is stunning on the hand.
[URL='http://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/old-stone-lovers-you-have-to-meet-ava-t185235.html']http://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/old-stone-lovers-you-have-to-meet-ava-t185235.html[/URL]

I also found this mount. Granted, it was on a 10 carat marquise, but something like this with either diamonds or sapphires incorporated in would give me the solitaire look, but add the extra sparkle factor. Any thoughts, ladies?

dms110300148.jpg

Thanks TC1987 :)

Honestly, every comment on this post has made me smile and made my day every time :) :wavey:

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I LOVE that antique setting! Gorgeous! I also love 'Ava' - so unique and gorgeous too. I bet a pop of color would work somehow…I had originally considered using rose gold for my halo - chose unplated white gold instead but still kind of miss having some color… at some point I may get a rose gold spacer band or maybe an eternity band with a colored gem stone to change it up a bit.

I did a quick measurement of my halo for you and it's about 16-17 mm's in length…it's a dainty halo compared to some others, the diamonds aren't huge, but I like a daintier ring…I don't like to 'feel' a ring on either, so usually go for a slimmer band…this one is also a comfort fit style, which is perfect for me. In fact I was concerned at first about getting a halo setting, I didn't want it to seem 'too big' (lol)…it did seem huge to me at first, but I have gotten over that feeling and it's very comfortable now. It doesn't go past my knuckle, but it does move down toward my knuckle when my hand is down (when my fingers aren't retaining water!)…but it's not bothersome.

Looking forward to more inspiration pics from you as you keep looking! But your set sure is beautiful as it is now! :))

BlingDreamer

Rough_Rock
Thanks Ara Ann! A rose gold spacer would look amazing with your set! I adore unplated white gold. I have a plain, solid white gold bangle I wear everyday that's unplated. It's such a soothing color.

I'm so glad I got this diamond set in a temp setting as I was going to hold out and pop the diamond in a safety deposit box until I decided what to do. What a mistake that would have been! I think I'm going to be a while making this decision :lol: Too many beautiful options!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results