shape
carat
color
clarity

My New ERing - the result of pricescope forum members!!

VetChecker

Shiny_Rock
Well even though the original post had a couple thousand hits on it I wanted to share the finished product of all the work the forum did in getting this ring picked out! I started as a someone who just read others posts and eventually made my own post asking for help. Several people such as EB, CharmyPoo, DreamerD, SLG47 and many more helped pick the diamond out.

The diamond is a .91ct Octavia Asscher cut designed by Storm of PriceScope. If you don't know his story you need to dig around the forum. It was purchased at GoodOldGold and you can see it on its own here: http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/6761/

.91ct, H Color, VVS2 clarity

After the diamond was picked out it was time to find a setting! Again I came back to PriceScope and posted for help! Many of you helped with finding the best route to go to match my gf's dream ring and in the end...it is pretty darn close! I chose to go with Wink Jones of High Performance design to have a custom setting done. Here is there site: http://www.highperformancediamonds.com/
I love it! It came out perfect. Wink worked hard with me to refine the design exactly the way I wanted it. After agreeing to the CAD design he sent it off to be casted. He was very patient with me as I emailed him nearly daily for the 6 weeks it was being custom made..and I really did email him daily! :) The reason it took 6 weeks is because the first production did not pass their high quality standards so it needed to be re-casted. The second one came out perfect!

So without further adu...here she is!
http://www.screencast.com/t/MWI2Y2ZhMzg

Thank you again to everyone who helped me out in creating this wonderful setting! Im sorry if I left some of you out who were really helping to get this done, and there were A LOT of you!!
I will actually have it in my hands tomorrow and can not wait! Now I just need to plan how I am going to ask her!! It is most likely going to be this Saturday!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh it looks AWESOME! And I love how the diamond is set up high so you can see the whole profile of the Octavia, but you still get the nice boost of the halo. Utter perfection.

VetChecker

Shiny_Rock
Thanks dreamer! Couldnt have done it without you!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
I posted in your other thread, but will post here is well...it's gorgeous! Congratulations...she is gonna love it! :love:

VetChecker

Shiny_Rock
And the photos!

WAPR007082-1.jpg

WAPR007082-1side.jpg

WAPR007082-1side2.jpg

WAPR007082-1-top2.jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I have been waiting to see how this ring would turn out...it is fabulous!!! I can't wait to see finger shots and hear her reaction. Good job on designing a BEAUTIFUL ring :appl: :appl:

Love Street

Shiny_Rock
It's so gorgeous!!! Love that Octavia - so unique and bright and beautiful! And the setting it really great with surprises and diamonds from every angle - amazing job!!

E B

Ideal_Rock
I was just wondering about you and the Octavia the other day, VC! And it. is. magnificent. The split shank is delicate, and I love how diamonds wrap around all four sides. It is going to knock her socks off. Congratulations! :love: :appl:

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
Elegant and lovely!

piratefan

Shiny_Rock
Stunning. Magnificent. Superb. Masterful. But that doesn't even come close to describing your Octavia and setting. Your soon-to-be FI is just gonna be elated. ::)

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
That Ring is so Elegant and stunning, i almst had no words. I cant wait to see hand pics, and we want proposal stories too!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!! What a spectacular ring! I'm green with envy. Your girlfriend is going to be knocked off her feet! :love:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow wow wow.
That's just gorgeous. :love: :love: :love:
Many congratulations!!!!!
Welcome to the Octavia family. :wavey:

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
just gorgeous! and the setting sets off the octavia perfectly! :love: :love: :love: :love:

Supers

Shiny_Rock
Wow! :love:
She sure sparkles. Your soon to be fiancee is gonna love it.

VetChecker

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for all the compliments! The proposal is a work in progress. For those who followed my previous threads you know that I wanted the entire thing to be a complete surprise, but do to the way some things worked out, I believe she an "idea" about me buying a ring but that was way back in June.

Since I still want it to be almost a complete surprise and catch her off guard, I do not want to do anything to far out of the ordinary for us to tip her off such as a random weekend get-a-way or a trip to someplace we don't typically go. So i'm planning for this weekend as of right now. We have season tickets for the Browns and typically go up and tailgate on Sunday mornings. It's a two and a half hour drive for us so we usually go early Sunday. Well friends are coming into town for the game from out of town and will be staying in a hotel downtown across from where we went on our 3rd date in 2005. It was a very memorable date because I was getting out of the Marine Corps and took her there wearing my dress blue uniform (the one you would see in the commercials on TV). I was trying my best to woo her over! :D At the end of dinner, a gentleman from across the restaurant had taken care of our bill randomly which really made it stand out because it was so random and gracious of him. I tried to refuse and he wouldnt allow it.

Anyways, I am setting the scene up so that we end up there again towards the end of Saturday since our friends will be in town and staying across the way. "We are meeting them for drinks". So the thought right now is to come up early afternoon and spend some time in Cleveland checking out some of the thing around town. ie the botanical gardens or the art museum. As we kill time waiting for our friends to get into town maybe take a walk down by the lake as the sun is setting. So my options are either to do it then and there OR to wait and do it at the restaurant prior to our friends meeting up with us.

Either way it shouldnt be something she sees coming and I will get the surprise effect I hope for! I have thought about waiting for another opportunity where we can have a full day and night together just the two of us but with our schedules that doesn't work so well over the next few months. I like that we can spend a nice day together enjoying each others company and then afterwards we can celebrate with our friends over some drinks and maybe some dancing (if I have enough do drink :lol: )

What are your thoughts forum? :wavey:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
It's gorgeous!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good plan, good luck. :)

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
that ring is incredible!!!!! :love:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You did a fantastic job :love: She is going to love it.

The proposal sounds lovely, good luck! Let us know how it goes.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Simply stunning! Can't wait to see hand shots!

VetChecker

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Kenny! I'm glad to be one of the few members of the exclusive Octavia club! :D

I read through your post prior to deciding how I wanted the setting created. One thing was certain, I wanted to have it as open as possible thus allowing the light to get in and out from all directions like you did with your setting.

IceExplorer

Shiny_Rock
Great job on the ring!! It looks great!

I like your proposal plan. It's good that you've given yourself a couple of options of where to do it. That way if the weather isn't right or anything pops up, you have a back up option.

Good luck! Keep us posted!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is gorgeous! :appl:

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
VetChecker said:
<Snip>

It was a very memorable date because I was getting out of the Marine Corps and took her there wearing my dress blue uniform (the one you would see in the commercials on TV). I was trying my best to woo her over! :D At the end of dinner, a gentleman from across the restaurant had taken care of our bill randomly which really made it stand out because it was so random and gracious of him. I tried to refuse and he wouldnt allow it.

<Snip>

Semper Fi! From one formerly practicing Marine to another, and thank you for your service!

Wink

VetChecker

Shiny_Rock
Semper Fi! Thank you for the amazing job you and the rest of High Performance Diamonds has done for me! I can not wait for the Fed Ex guy to get here this morning/afternoon! You guys are simply the best!

AnneinGA

Shiny_Rock
Love the proposal idea and can't wait to see the hand shots!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a stunning ring! Congratulations ahead of time to you both. I don't see any possible way that your girl won't like this
gorgeous ring! It is unique, since Octavia's are fairly new, and just perfect in it's setting!

MonkeysInk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It's so gorgeous - I'm certain she'll love it!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! I really like the collar you put around the stone! Love it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results