shape
carat
color
clarity

My new engagement ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Shawna13

Rough_Rock
Wowwwwwwwwww!
Many congratulations to you both..... and to your future hubby...
emteeth.gif

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Holy crap! Hold on while I pick my jaw off of my key board!
23.gif

Your ring is gorgeous! Must. See. More. Photos. Pronto!!
31.gif

Carrie

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Congratulations on your sweet engagement! I especially love the ring box, too
1.gif

Crowned

Rough_Rock
Wow!!! That ring is amazing!!! I love it... tell you Fiance good job!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ummmm helloooooooooooooo????!?!?!?! You can't possibly think that only 3 pictures are going to satiate us, especially those of us in love with pears! That ring is drop dead gorgeous and don't even get me going about that gorgeous piece of ice in the middle! Do tell us more....it's a 2 ct H SI2 pear....who made the setting...how big is the melee the halo...how wide is the band...and for pete's sake, please delight us with more pictures of that beauty!!!!! Congrats on your engagement btw! And what a fabulous ring box....so romantic.

ETA: and can we get a side/profile shot too??
31.gif
30.gif

bravesfan

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/16/2006 4:32:28 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Ummmm helloooooooooooooo????!?!?!?! You can''t possibly think that only 3 pictures are going to satiate us, especially those of us in love with pears! That ring is drop dead gorgeous and don''t even get me going about that gorgeous piece of ice in the middle! Do tell us more....it''s a 2 ct H SI2 pear....who made the setting...how big is the melee the halo...how wide is the band...and for pete''s sake, please delight us with more pictures of that beauty!!!!! Congrats on your engagement btw! And what a fabulous ring box....so romantic.

ETA: and can we get a side/profile shot too??
31.gif
30.gif
I would be happy to give you more information!!
emteeth.gif

Lets see ... Treasures Jewlers made the setting (They were wonderful to work with... I highly reccommend them)

The melee is 3 pointers in the band, and the halo (both the top and the sides) are 1.5 pointers.

The halo is kind of a double halo in the sense that it is the stone with the halo around it. Below the halo is a slightly bigger halo that gives is more depth.

The wedding band is different from anything I have ever seen so I dont know what to call it but I can try to explain it... It isnt a full circle so that is can be soldered and sit perfectly flush with the engagement band. Does that make sense??

I am having sized right now but they said it should be done Wed or Thurs so hopefully by Friday I will have a bunch of pictures!!! Yeah!!!
36.gif

Ill look at all of our drawings and see what else I can find out!
1.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I definitely need to see more pictures of that beauty, especially from the side. Is the setting wg or platinum? It looks like the stone is prong set above the halo - is that right? If so, how many prongs did you end up using?
3.gif

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
What a knockout ring! It is gorgeous. Congratulations! I definitely would love to see more pics if you get a chance!

bravesfan

Shiny_Rock
The stone is set low with four prongs and the setting is wg. I went back and forth between we and plat but eventually desided on the wg because i like how it didnt ding quite as easy.

squarediamondlove

Shiny_Rock
I love how pears look in a halo. Plus, the halo makes your 2ct pear look HUGE!
30.gif
Congrats!

You both look so cute together
36.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Now THAT''S a ring! Congratulations!!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We definitely need more pictures as I can''t see the double halo thing from the first pictures. The devil is in the details - and we love details. The wedding band sounds interesting too - take lots of pics!

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, the ring is so sparkly and huge! Congratulations Bravesfan! What ring size do you wear? I can''t wait to see more pictures of your beautiful ring.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
OMG!
6.gif

It''s huge!
3.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Holy cow, your ring is amazing! I''m in love...
30.gif

Congrats on your engagement!
36.gif

bravesfan

Shiny_Rock
Finally got my ring back!!! Here is the side view of the double halo and stone.

CIMG0914.JPG

bravesfan

Shiny_Rock
Here is the back!

CIMG0910.JPG

bravesfan

Shiny_Rock
Here is another top view!

CIMG0908.JPG

bravesfan

Shiny_Rock
Here is the ring with the wedding band.

CIMG0898.JPG

bravesfan

Shiny_Rock
Here is both of them sitting flush.

CIMG0901.JPG

bravesfan

Shiny_Rock
Another top view!

CIMG0897.JPG

bravesfan

Shiny_Rock
Here is one last side view to see the double halo!

CIMG0896.JPG

Xing

Rough_Rock
Congrats on your engagement. Your ring is beautiful.

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
I love fat pears and yours is gorgeous. Congratulations!

ello

Brilliant_Rock
I’m so happy for you. It’s sensational – just lovely! Enjoy!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely beautiful! I''ll put that on my future RHR project list!

solange

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous and the designis unique. I have never seen one like it. Congratulations. This is one custom story that certainly has a happy ending. Treasures Jewelers did a fabulous job.

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
A double halo! What a neat idea!

I think you may be starting a trend...look how big the stone looks in it! It turned out great!

Congratulations!

greytmom

Rough_Rock
Ooohhh!! A double halo!! It''s bling-a-licious!!
31.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous additional pictures - I love the side view and the new head on shot with all the fire! How is the double halo working? Do you see both from the top? I''m a little confused. I see how it''s set with the side view....how does that translate into what is visible from the top view?

BTW - love the wedding band. I almost did mine in a similar fashion. They look great together!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results