shape
carat
color
clarity

My new ebay ring..which stone should I use???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

flowerladytoo

Shiny_Rock
I just got my first halo ring and I am thrilled with it.
30.gif
I took a chance and ordered it from ebay and it''s exactly as I customized it.

It''s white gold with the donut and prongs rose gold. I upgraded the diamonds to VVS and they are very white and sparkly, and he sized it perfectly. I can''t wait to get a stone into it and start wearing it. Decisions decisions.
31.gif
Please help me choose a stone. The pictures are not the best, but we are getting a bit better with the camera.

The stones are a 1.26 mandarin spessartite garnet, that fits really well, even though it''s oval..and the other stone is a 1 ct round rhodolite garnet that I would call raspberry with sightly purple hues. Pictures do not do either justice, both stones are very clear and sparkle like mad. I put one in and I''m like..that''s the stone, but problem is, I put the other one in and THAT''S the stone LOL. Opinions Please
32.gif

theboxtmt.jpg

flowerladytoo

Shiny_Rock
The ring
9.gif

ring1tmt.jpg

flowerladytoo

Shiny_Rock
Ring 2

ring2tmt.jpg

flowerladytoo

Shiny_Rock
with mandarin stone 1

mandarin 1tmt.jpg

flowerladytoo

Shiny_Rock
Mandarin stone 2

mandarin 2tmt.jpg

flowerladytoo

Shiny_Rock
mandarin 3

mandarin 3tmt.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m going to order that right now from him. That''s gorgeous, and I need it just like that in rose gold!! AHHHH!!!!

flowerladytoo

Shiny_Rock
another

anotherringviewtmt.jpg

flowerladytoo

Shiny_Rock
Rhodolite

rhodolite 1tmt.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty ring. Post a picture with the rhodolite garnet too please.

flowerladytoo

Shiny_Rock
another with the rhodolite

rhodolite 2tmt.jpg

flowerladytoo

Shiny_Rock
and another....

rhodolite 3tmt.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
The rhodolite. Of course, I
30.gif
red, and could care less about orange. It''s really whichever one you like best. Pretty ring.

flowerladytoo

Shiny_Rock
Most don''t show how pretty the rhodolite is. The color is so raspberry. Another ebay bargain LOL
9.gif

rhodolite 3 tmt.jpg

flowerladytoo

Shiny_Rock
I''m leaning toward the rhodolite too :) I love the orange stone but maybe for a necklace or another ring
31.gif

rhodolite-4tmt.jpg

flowerladytoo

Shiny_Rock
One last one :)
27.gif

rhodoliteinboxtmt.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rhodolite. For sure.

flowerladytoo

Shiny_Rock
The last one really shows the color of the rhodolite garnet well. That''s very close to the actual color.
9.gif
Hubby is really lobbying for the red stone too

The thing is, I really love the other garnet too. Hmmm maybe that needs an all rose gold setting, all it''s own
31.gif
4.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The rhodolite, definately.

Date: 11/24/2008 10:39:47 PM
Author: flowerladytoo

The thing is, I really love the other garnet too. Hmmm maybe that needs an all rose gold setting, all it''s own
31.gif
4.gif
Have you considered white or yellow gold for the mandarin stone? I think either of those might show off that beautiful orange better than the pink hues of rose gold. Check out Movie Zombie''s avatar for a spectacular example of spessartite set in yellow gold!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
The Rhodolite look absolutely wonderful in that setting.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
no question. Rhodolite.

flowerladytoo

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/24/2008 11:21:13 PM
Author: VRBeauty

31.gif
4.gif

Have you considered white or yellow gold for the mandarin stone? I think either of those might show off that beautiful orange better than the pink hues of rose gold. Check out Movie Zombie''s avatar for a spectacular example of spessartite set in yellow gold!

That''s a good idea too! Unfortunately, I have recently developed an allergy to yellow gold...probably a nickel allergy. The rhodium plating on my white gold protects my fingers (so far). For some reason though, I can wear rose gold, at least so far I can, without blistering, or my fingers turning black.

I was surprised how much I like that mandarin garnet, It was an impulse buy, and I''m really not a fan of orange...but when it arrived, I fell in love with it. I''m going to set this ring with the rhodolite garnet, I am almost positive now, everyone on here has pretty much reinforced that it''s the best choice. And the color is so luscious too
18.gif
Maybe put the mandarin in solid white gold, or else solid rose gold..or make it a pendant. Decisions decisions LOL.
9.gif

dancingflame

Shiny_Rock
I''d do the mandarin in solid white since you can''t wear yellow. The rhodolite''s gonna be TDF in that setting!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/24/2008 10:31:28 PM
Author: Fly Girl
The rhodolite. Of course, I
30.gif
red, and could care less about orange. It''s really whichever one you like best. Pretty ring.
LOL - that about sums it up for me too!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/24/2008 11:48:46 PM

Date: 11/24/2008 11:21:13 PM
Author: VRBeauty

31.gif
4.gif

That''s a good idea too! Unfortunately, I have recently developed an allergy to yellow gold...probably a nickel allergy. The rhodium plating on my white gold protects my fingers (so far). For some reason though, I can wear rose gold, at least so far I can, without blistering, or my fingers turning black.

I was surprised how much I like that mandarin garnet, It was an impulse buy, and I''m really not a fan of orange...but when it arrived, I fell in love with it. I''m going to set this ring with the rhodolite garnet, I am almost positive now, everyone on here has pretty much reinforced that it''s the best choice. And the color is so luscious too
18.gif
Maybe put the mandarin in solid white gold, or else solid rose gold..or make it a pendant. Decisions decisions LOL.
9.gif
Yes, probably a nickel allergy which is what they use in yellow gold. They use predominantly copper for rose gold, so that''s probably why you don''t have an allergy. I actually like both stones in that setting, but I''m a nut for everything in rose gold. If I could put the kitchen sink in my rose gold setting, I would.
emsmilep.gif
Such a beautiful ring, I''m sure no matter what you put in there, it will look lovely, and I like the color of the rose gold as well. It''s very warm looking.

lasscreative

Shiny_Rock
Is this is a LOGR setting??? I love it! I want to order one too!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, it''s lan.bo4 if I''m not mistaken.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
You have a really wonderful new setting. I actually think the orange gem sings in that setting. That shade of rosegold fits so well with the orange. The rhodolite is nice too, but the spess just looks happy, I swear it''s smiling in that setting
9.gif

flowerladytoo

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/25/2008 10:42:39 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
No, it''s lan.bo4 if I''m not mistaken.

That''s the seller. He''s been very easy to work with. He doesn''t list rose gold in his auctions as a rule, but when I emailed him he said it was available. It took about a week for him to make the custom ring, and it took exactly one week to get here from the day he mailed it. This is one of his less expensive settings. I think his buy it now price is $149, but I got it for less than that through an auction. The diamonds are tiny, but they sure sparkle and flash fire.

I am going to put the rhodolite garnet in this setting, then get an entirely rose gold ring for the mandarin garnet. I just love the clear raspberry color of the rhodolite and it fits the setting perfectly. And I love the mandarin stone more than I thought I would. It was a hard choice!! The mandarin almost a burnt orange color, which I like a lot more than I would a bright orange stone, and it''s so much prettier than I could capture in the pictures. It will get a home of it''s own soon
31.gif
Thank you all for your feedback! It helped tremendously.

newsboysgrl777

Shiny_Rock
WOW! What a STEAL!! Great bargain shopping!! And, I'm going to have to agree with (almost) everyone else and say the rholodite. It is GORGEOUS! That raspberry color you called it is EXACTLY what it looks like. I am IN LOVE with it...seriously!!! :) :) And, I think the rose gold compliments it more than the orange...though, it is your choice. Please don't forget us when you finally set it...and show us pictures!!

Congratulations!! :) :)

ETA: How about this for the garnet?? It matches the style of the ring?! Of course, get it in a metal you CAN safely wear! :) http://cgi.ebay.com/0-42CT-SOLID-14K-YELLOW-Gold-DIAMOND-SEMI-PENDANT_W0QQitemZ180309000367QQihZ008QQcategoryZ92795QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

AND there's an LOGR one quite similar to it that I came across: http://cgi.ebay.com/OVAL-6x8MM-DIAMOND-14K-WHITE-ROSE-GOLD-SEMI-MOUNT-RING_W0QQitemZ370116642866QQihZ024QQcategoryZ67727QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results