shape
carat
color
clarity

My New E-ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Hi...I''d been looking for a replacement to my 3.22ct J, VVS1 pear for the past year (practically since the month I got it) because I just couldn''t get used to the warmth of an otherwise fantastic stone.

Well, after a year of searching, my jeweller recommended this 2.48ct RB, G, SI1 stone to me. The only problem is that it''s smaller, by 0.74ct. I''m selling my pear and getting this instead. So what do you think? Does it look much smaller? I like the colour so much better and the inclusions are hardly visible unless I stare really hard and turn the stone around.

Anyway, here is a shot of the RB and the Pear.

I''ll have to take more pictures this weekend but here are 2 quick shots...

RB&Pear.JPG

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
And here's another shot that is a more complete hand/arm view that will give a better sense of perspective...

MLRBnew.JPG

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
I think it''s a BEAUTIFUL stone and looks HUGE!!! I think you did a great job! More pictures!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it!! Looks great on your hand!!!
30.gif
36.gif

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, everyone...I''m much happier with this RB and the pictures (taken last evening) just don''t do it justice. It''s so sparkly (plus my jewellery get cleaned every time after I wear them), that it''s totally eye-clean - tested my co-workers yesterday and today and they failed to spot anything.

The best part is...this stone is less expensive than my pear and I get money back...hahaha...money that has already been earmarked for an asscher tennis bracelet which is in the making...DH will kill me if only he knew...
19.gif
28.gif
19.gif
26.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Beautiful stone
30.gif
No way does it look smaller, I think it looks bigger than your pear!

ETA: What setting do you have?

diamond_quester

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! So beautiful! It actually looks wider than the pear to me. Between that and the color it seems to have more presence even with less carat weight.
2.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it looks fabulous...

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I think the RB looks great on your hand! Excellent choice!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did you say an asscher tennis bracelet??? OMG, can''t wait to see that!!!
36.gif

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi DD ~

I will admit that I will be sad to see your beautifully huge pear go, however, I can happily welcome in the a new Huge RB anyday!
9.gif

Wow, the RB looks incredible!
18.gif

I say, do what makes your heart sing!
emlove.gif

Keep up posted, and of course ... more hand shots are a must!
30.gif

Take care,
35.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
love the new rb. I too think it looks quite substantial!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the re-affirmation that I made the right choice. Like Mrs Darlin Joy said I will be sad to see the Pear go though but the RB is IT (for now
2.gif
)

Kaleigh, hahaha...I knew you''d pick up on the asscher bracelet. My jeweller''s got a great deal on a bunch of 18-pointer asschers which would be perfect for a tennis bracelet so I decided to bite the bullet and have one made. This is the design I''m looking at, a la Daniel K.

BTW, my jeweller also has a great deal for a 4ct asscher, G colour, VVS quality but I passed because I think I like the sparkle of brilliants too much. I did tell him he should try you ladies at PS...

AsscherBracelet.JPG

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
DiaDiva I love the look of that new round beauty and it suites your lovely hand perfectly!!! Can''t wait to see this tennis bracelet!

Boom

Shiny_Rock
The round looks great on your hand and it doesn''t look that much smaller. Congratulations!
36.gif

Can''t wait to see the Asscher bracelet too!

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Wow - that looks beautiful - and so classy! I also love the background of your hand shot. I''m from Canada so I drool at the sight of green-anything!!!! I cannot wait for summer!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cpongratulations on the new ring! I think you made a wise decision.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
I think your new RB is gorgeous & looks amazing on your hand. (and huge as well!
2.gif
) How fantastic that you can get an asscher tennis bracelet out of the deal!
31.gif

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
Playing devils advocate..........I LOVE THE PEAR!!!!!!!! It must be the pictures, it''s hard to photograph diamonds, but the RB looks dark. Anyway, I love huge stones in fancy shapes. I''m not a huge fan of big rounds, even though I have a smaller round.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the pear
30.gif
but I can quite understand that if it isn''t " mind clean" to you, you have had it long enough to know it never will be, so go with that scrummy round and know you have made the right decision - plus a bracelet too!
41.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That rb, even though weight is smaller, looks absolutely huge and just stunning on your hand! It is breathtaking. Love it, and the color of it!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I love the new RB. It looks just lovely on your hand.

shay

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
WOW, they are both beautiful stones.......gorgeous.
30.gif
30.gif

I am partial to RB''s though and it looks stunning with your wedding band.

I think you made a great choice! Congrats!

Heather

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I definitely like the color of the round stone better, I am not partial to the warmer colors at all.
I would say that you made an excellent decision. I am so glad I decided not to get that J supercert that I bid on on ebay, b/c in retrospect, I would have hated the color.

It does not look small on your hand at all and since you are not going to have the pear anymore, no one except you will know the difference.

I think you made a great decision!
Perhaps somewhere down the line you can get another pear for a big anniversary?

I would love to get a 2.5 carat fat pear for one of mine!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
im a RB lover so i like the RB much better!!! what size finger are you again??

i also am drooling over that tennis bracelet, wow can''t wait to see pictures of this one!!

more pictures of the RB please!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DD
beautiful !!! G SI1
30.gif
you got my stone.
39.gif
39.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Of course you got my attention with the slightest mention of an asscher tennis bracelet. Oh I can''t wait to see it. I will be in heaven.
31.gif

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! What a difference in the two colors. I''ve never been a big fan of warmer colors (that''s just me) but I like the shape of that pear and it looked so good on your hand. BUT the RB looks just as fantastic on your hand with the same wedding band!!!!! They both look huge! Congrats on your new diamond. It''s beautiful!!

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/17/2006 8:57:29 PM
Author: didiamond

Wow! What a difference in the two colors.

Ditto.

Was there a lab report for the pear? At least these pictures make it look quite a bit more tinted than I''d expect J to be in flesh. Sure I would not claim to look for diamonds'' color in pictures, but it is hard to resist ''reading'' in those images.

Beautiful upgrade, of course!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results