shape
carat
color
clarity

My New DREAM STUDS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondtifff

Shiny_Rock
Hey everyone! I have been out of the loop for awhile- But I HAD to share my new studs with you all...These are my DREAM EARRINGS- the size I have always wanted!!!!!!!!!! They aren''t set yet and have to figure that out, but I think Im going with a platinum 4 prong basket with guardian backs-Would LOVE martinin but I cant find any this large- would have to have them made. But here are the specs on the diamonds- they are CRAZY GEORGEOUS!!! One is completely eye clean and the other you can see a little feather on the side which is prongble- but thats it and they sparkle like mad- I will post pics ASAP!!!!

Both have EGL USA certs- I had to go with SI3 or I1 to afford this size -

Stone 1:
H SI3
9.60 x 9.59 x 5.94
Depth 62.2
Table 59
VG VG
No culet

Stone 2:
H SI3
9.59 x 9.52 x 5.97
Depth 62.4
Table 56
G VG
No culet

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
WOW, they are going to be HUGE!!
30.gif

Get working on those pics girl!
11.gif
2.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
those sound great! I have studs trom Tiffany's that are three carats each and I love them, I have a good sized earlobe and I think they fit really well on my ear. I had them set in a platinum martini recently and it just did not sit well on my ear for some reason...sniff sniff...so instead of putting them back in my old mounting, I had a really cool setting made in platinum that I love...My next dream is to have two gorgeous pears to hang from them!

Cannot wait to see pictures...

diamondtifff

Shiny_Rock
I would LOVE to see your settings! What type do you have? I am loading pics now- But I have one just setting in a 3 prong martini and the other in an old platinum 4 prong basket I had- They arent secure at all- Im just looking at the setting options- I tried on a pair that were 10.2 mm and 4 carats each and they were just too big- I have pretty small earlobes and these are pushing it as it is!!

diamondtifff

Shiny_Rock
here is 1 pic

120_2093smaller.jpg

diamondtifff

Shiny_Rock
another -sorry its so blurry...

120_2089small.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
My cousin is a jeweler and I am not sure if these are her design...I would call it a tulip type setting, in plat. The only other thing I would love to do is mount them in the Leon setting on the wire, which has been posted here many times...

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
WOWZA those are some killer studs!!! Please come back with ear shots when you get those beauties set!

I would love to see yours too Diamondfan! The setting sounds lovely.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my those are going to be amazing. Can''t wait for pics once you get them set!!!
30.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, those are huge!!! Gorgeous. I want to see pics of them on your ears!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Holy. Moly. Gorgeous! Yes, ear shots requsite!

cheers--Sharon

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bling! Very sparkly!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Talk about bling bling. Can''t wait to see them on your ears!

diamondtifff

Shiny_Rock
Do you guys think I should do a 4 prong or 6 prong? I am putting these babies in platinum 4 sure- Bu I like how 6 prongs round out the diamond but I dont want to take away from it? What do yall think?

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
I prefer the 6 prong - I have both 4 prong and 6 and find that the 4 makes a RB look square.

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
WOW, can''t wait to see more pictures.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wowza, I hope we get to see earshots!! They must look amazing on!!!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OH MY EVERLOVIN'' WORD!!!
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

Whoa, those are gonna be KILLERS! I am so jealous!!!
21.gif
I''d be thrilled to sport around a 3 carater in my RING, I can''t imagine TWO of ''em on my ears!!!

How about WFs 8-prong martini setting... oh man, I think that would be TDF!!!

Also... need more pictures!!!
30.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m still trying to wrap my head around the fact that these are the same size (EACH) as LuckySparkle''s stone.
23.gif

Congrats!

diamondtifff

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/22/2007 3:16:23 PM
Author: Lynn B
OH MY EVERLOVIN'' WORD!!!
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

Whoa, those are gonna be KILLERS! I am so jealous!!!
21.gif
I''d be thrilled to sport around a 3 carater in my RING, I can''t imagine TWO of ''em on my ears!!!

How about WFs 8-prong martini setting... oh man, I think that would be TDF!!!

Also... need more pictures!!!
30.gif
I know!!!!!! I have seen those and I love them!!! my problem is I dont want to wait... I have 2 sets of settings here with me- both platinum- 4 prong and 6 prong baskets- Once i decide on the setting I can get them in a day or two- I would LOVE to do the martini but the only thing is it would be VERY hard on my earholes - I got a pair in that were 6 .84 tw and they were in martinis and the setting just wanted to go through my ear being so large- plus the stones werent that great - so I sent them back but I loved the settings the way they set in the ear- my first instinct was to go with 6 prong but I thought it may take away from the stones..still not sure.......
33.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
I vote for 6-prongs...to avoid a square look. But either way, they''ll be gorgeous!!

This thread is reeeeallly bad... I''ve been obsessing about a pair of honking OMCs I saw in Florida over the holidays. I''ve been trying to get over them, thinking they''re too big...and this thread isn''t helping!!!!
41.gif

widget

diamondtifff

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/22/2007 9:45:18 PM
Author: widget
I vote for 6-prongs...to avoid a square look. But either way, they''ll be gorgeous!!

This thread is reeeeallly bad... I''ve been obsessing about a pair of honking OMCs I saw in Florida over the holidays. I''ve been trying to get over them, thinking they''re too big...and this thread isn''t helping!!!!
41.gif

widget
Hey Widget- How big were they???? So how big is too big????!!! My last ones were the 5.12''s............i did try on a bigger pair and they looked ridiculous on me! they like pushed in the side of that part of your ear that sticks out - i dont know what its called- but I really think this size I will be content with. I am dying to know what you found in Florida.......

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
These will be totally awesome!!! Can''t wait to see the pix!!!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2007 9:55:24 PM
Author: diamondtifff

41.gif

widget
Hey Widget- How big were they???? So how big is too big????!!! My last ones were the 5.12''s............i did try on a bigger pair and they looked ridiculous on me! they like pushed in the side of that part of your ear that sticks out - i dont know what its called- but I really think this size I will be content with. I am dying to know what you found in Florida.......
I''m embarrassed admitting that I''m even thinking about them
20.gif
...they''re actuallly similar to yours in face up proportions (but squarish), but being OMCs, they''re FAT....7.6ctw
23.gif
The seller says they''re M colored, which amazed me because they look whiter than that to me. Like a pair of disco balls on my lobes! LOL

Just fantacizing, actually...trying to figure out what I''d have to sell/trade to manage them...oh well.

We need earshots, Gal!!

widget

diamondtifff

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/22/2007 10:19:54 PM

Date: 1/22/2007 9:55:24 PM
Author: diamondtifff

41.gif

widget
I''m embarrassed admitting that I''m even thinking about them
20.gif
...they''re actuallly similar to yours in face up proportions (but squarish), but being OMCs, they''re FAT....7.6ctw
23.gif
The seller says they''re M colored, which amazed me because they look whiter than that to me. Like a pair of disco balls on my lobes! LOL

Just fantacizing, actually...trying to figure out what I''d have to sell/trade to manage them...oh well.

We need earshots, Gal!!

widget
You are talking to the queen of trading - selling- doing whatever to get the disco balls! 7.6 tw.....WOW! My theory is if you see something and it stays on your mind and then you should haave it if you have the means. If it means trading- selling- If you want it bad enough you will find a way- Thats what I did with my "big yellow" These current studs have a weird story- My dad didnt have a gift for my mom...well he had some perfume for Christmas this year and she had always loved my 5.12''s- so on Christmas eve he is like....woudl you sell me your studs- So I thought about it and I was like.....ok.....and he gave me what I paid for them and I am putting ..uhmmmmmm...some more with these new ones to upgrade. Kinda weird huh..............

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That was terrific to get what you paid for your old pair! Ironically, my mother bought my old pair from me! But I gave her a good deal because I really wanted to get rid of them so I could get the new ones! Lol!

Can''t wait to see your new ones reset and on your ears!!!

diamondtifff

Shiny_Rock
Hello!!!!!!! I took yall''s advice........I went with the 6 prongs-.......i JUST dropped them off....They are at the jewelers now and should be ready in about 4 or 5 hours. I told him to make the prongs light and not too bulky- But I went ahead and put the platinum Guardian 2 backs on there- But as soon as I can I will get pictures and earshots- I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
face23.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t wait to see those ear shots!!! I''m still dreaming of lucysparkles stone.--yummy
28.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WHOA BABY CAKES! Those are some huge, honkin sparklers. Can''t wait to see the ear shots!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Wow, those are huge. Can''t wait to see some ear shots!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results