shape
carat
color
clarity

My new CVB Casablanca with a warm August Vintage OEC (AVR)!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw this one on insta and fell IN LOVE!!!!! Looks like you need to let these babies take turns!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful diamondseeker Im not surprised Caysie wanted you to see it. I was struggling to pick a favourite between your two rings but wanted to venture an option as you have been so helpful to me in my threads. As dilemmas go it's not a bad one to have! I went to look in your other thread and I think on reflection prefer the avr in the Casablanca. However I couldn't remember if your other avr was in its permanent home and whether that might have a bearing on any decision? Obviously that stone looks stunning as a solitaire but if you wanted to halo that as well then it might make me lean more towards the avc for varieties sake.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all so much for your sweet comments! Everything in me wants to acknowledge every post because I sincerely appreciate each one, but we are leaving this morning for a few days in the mountains (with a puppy :eek-2:, oh, and yes my rings will be tagging along!). (One of our favorite places, @m-2-b! Wish you were with me!) My internet access there is limited to cellular, but I will be checking in often. I am just not sure if I will be able to post more pictures or not until I return. I wanted to answer a couple of questions, though!

Why don’t you put your solitaire diamond in a Casablanca. Keep your other one as is. It’s my favorite! And make a pendant Casablanca out of your AVR?

It's beautiful diamondseeker Im not surprised Caysie wanted you to see it. I was struggling to pick a favourite between your two rings but wanted to venture an option as you have been so helpful to me in my threads. As dilemmas go it's not a bad one to have! I went to look in your other thread and I think on reflection prefer the avr in the Casablanca. However I couldn't remember if your other avr was in its permanent home and whether that might have a bearing on any decision? Obviously that stone looks stunning as a solitaire but if you wanted to halo that as well then it might make me lean more towards the avc for varieties sake.

Good questions and thoughts, @nala and @meely! I am hoping to reset the original AVR this year, but it won't be in a Casa or any halo. I am leaning towards either small side stones or antique shouder pieces to add a little something more than a plain solitaire. I have thought of it many times, but I actually tried on Caysie's Casa in Las Vegas a few years ago and her center stone was the same size as mine, around 8.4-8.5mm, and it covered my entire finger almost! it made it look like a 5 ct stone, and that's just too much around here! ;( You will be surprised when I show a comparison of the solitaire AVR which is larger versus this one. I couldn't believe it, but this one has the illusion of being larger! I hope I can post pictures but I forgot about the mountain place not having internet!

@nala, this is amazing that you mentioned this, because as I was looking at the two rings last night, I thought how pretty the AVC halo would be as a pendant with the Casa ring! That's the opposite of what you were suggesting, but the Casa is the larger piece with the larger diamond, so I thought the smaller would be better for a pendant. I just rarely would have the occasion to wear a somewhat dressy diamond pendant, so I would have to think on that some more. They really would go well together, though! Thank you!

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you can't keep both, I would go for the casa......it is exquisite! :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, quick pic! The whiter AVR on top is 8.4mm and the light yellow is 8.1. But look at how that Casa setting makes the AVR itself look larger than the other! The yellow is lighter in natural light, of course, but I still love the color!

IMG_3505(Edited).jpg

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your new Casablanca is just stunning!!! :love: :love: The AVC is no slouch either! My eye is drawn a bit more to the Casablanca but they’re both beautiful. Good luck with whatever you decide...I don’t think you can go wrong. Oh, and could we see a pic of your new little pup pretty please?!?

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS, it’s absolutely stunning and the metal combination is perfection! I’m glad you have to make a choice and not me, such a tough decision that will be. I believe I would choose the Casablanca AVR, the colors just pop! Both are gorgeous though.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quick shot outside of all my CVB pieces and the soon to be set original AVR.:lol: This picture and what I see don't look the same without the sparkle! Colors are a little washed out, too.

IMG_3506(Edited).jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new Casablanca is just stunning!!! :love: :love: The AVC is no slouch either! My eye is drawn a bit more to the Casablanca but they’re both beautiful. Good luck with whatever you decide...I don’t think you can go wrong. Oh, and could we see a pic of your new little pup pretty please?!?

Thank you! Her name is Ruby! Lab mix. These were from three weeks ago when we got her. She's a lot bigger now, but she doesn't sit still long enough to pose for pictures! lol!

IMG_3407.JPG IMG_3414.JPG

alittlelight

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Stunning rings, diamondseeker, and good problems to have!
And Ruby is just a little lovebug!!!!

twang07

Shiny_Rock
Omg!! Your collection and pup are to die for!! Keep them both it'll be fun!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
My pictures are never very good, but it does give you an idea of the color I see inside my home. It maybe looks a little lighter in brighter white lighting. The AVC ring is in the last picture with the Casa (edied: next post). Which one would you keep if you could only keep one (or only wanted one because they are too similar)??? (I am embarrased about my dry hands from washing my hands all day because of having a new puppy (not to mention little bites and bruises), but I was too excited to go put on lotion and paint my nails! :lol:)

IMG_3463(Edited).jpg
IMG_3459.jpg

Oh my goodness :shock::shock::shock:

This is the most gorgeous ring!!!! That diamond is so beautiful :love:

I love love love. For me this would be ‘the one’ I would keep.

P

PierreBear

Love your whole collection and how each piece is so different and cautiously selected! I really enjoyed your story of falling in love with your stone again with the new setting. So happy for you and big hugs to your new pup!

P

PierreBear

Also, may I ask how you wear your rings? Are any of those RHR? How do you maximize all the time you get to enjoy them on your hands?!!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all so much for your sweet comments! Everything in me wants to acknowledge every post because I sincerely appreciate each one, but we are leaving this morning for a few days in the mountains (with a puppy :eek-2:, oh, and yes my rings will be tagging along!). (One of our favorite places, @m-2-b! Wish you were with me!) My internet access there is limited to cellular, but I will be checking in often. I am just not sure if I will be able to post more pictures or not until I return. I wanted to answer a couple of questions, though!

@nala, this is amazing that you mentioned this, because as I was looking at the two rings last night, I thought how pretty the AVC halo would be as a pendant with the Casa ring! That's the opposite of what you were suggesting, but the Casa is the larger piece with the larger diamond, so I thought the smaller would be better for a pendant. I just rarely would have the occasion to wear a somewhat dressy diamond pendant, so I would have to think on that some more. They really would go well together, though! Thank you!

I LOVE the idea of an AVC pendant!!!

I think Caysie could absolutely lend some touches to make it more ‘casual’ (antiquing?) and even bring some of the butterfly motifs from the ring shank into a pendant design? Or just plain the way it is. It would be amazing and part of an incredible jewelry suite!

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OMG gorgeous rings and a cute puppy!! :kiss2:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your CvB collection is the stuff of daydreams @diamondseeker2006 :love:

Goodness knows I will agree that settings matter! Your new Casablanca is decadent in absolutely every way. I have to say that I LOVE the half-yellow shank - that’s a hugely risky detail!! And CvB pulled it off perfectly 8-)

Looking at your collection pic... To my eyes your blue beauty and your newer yellow are wonderfully paired - the rings showcase unique implementations of a few shared characteristic design elements that IMO create the perfect mating: bead-set melee halo, prominent centerstone bezel outline, tapered shoulders ending in wraps. I love the idea of having a “set” of coloured stones in coordinating “style”, and I love the idea of having different coloured stones of very different shapes/outlines, so for me the choice of which yellow to keep is actually kind of easy ::) And it has nothing to do with the stones themselves - both are gorgeous!!

Guess you’ll just have to hang on to both for a while and see which you reach for more often. What hardship, I know. :geek2:

Ruby is a little love :love::love::love: those eyes!! Those jowls!! Those whiskers :kiss2:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also, may I ask how you wear your rings? Are any of those RHR? How do you maximize all the time you get to enjoy them on your hands?!!

The antique asscher is an alternate e-ring. The others are right hand rings, but I would definitely wear this Casa on my left hand some, too! I actually enjoy looking at them more than I wear them. I guess that makes me a collector! I need to stop, but I have a couple more in my head!

Your CvB collection is the stuff of daydreams @diamondseeker2006 :love:

Yssie, you always give such detailed and thoughtful responses! Thank you! I am very curious which one you’d keep! Lol! I could go either way based on your comments, which are very insightful!

Goodness knows I will agree that settings matter! Your new Casablanca is decadent in absolutely every way. I have to say that I LOVE the half-yellow shank - that’s a hugely risky detail!! And CvB pulled it off perfectly 8-)

Looking at your collection pic... To my eyes your blue beauty and your newer yellow are wonderfully paired - the rings showcase unique implementations of a few shared characteristic design elements that IMO create the perfect mating: bead-set melee halo, prominent centerstone bezel outline, tapered shoulders ending in wraps. I love the idea of having a “set” of coloured stones in coordinating “style”, and I love the idea of having different coloured stones of very different shapes/outlines, so for me the choice of which yellow to keep is actually kind of easy ::) And it has nothing to do with the stones themselves - both are gorgeous!!

Guess you’ll just have to hang on to both for a while and see which you reach for more often. What hardship, I know. :geek2:

Ruby is a little love :love::love::love: those eyes!! Those jowls!! Those whiskers :kiss2:

Yssie, you always give such detailed and thoughtful responses! Thank you! I am very curious which one you’d keep! Lol! I could go either way based on your comments, which are very insightful!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all so much!!!

This ring is exquisite!!!! Every detail, metal choices, and the incredible diamond itself is beyond. A work of art. What an incredible ring.

Thank you, my AVR and ring soul sister! I think we love the very same things!

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a sweet puppy! :love:

I prefer the Casablanca setting over the cushion setting. I am thinking that maybe you havent found the right setting for the cushion, ie one that so clearly speaks to you like the casa? Or perhaps you simply prefer avrs over AVCs really. If you do like both shapes and settings equally my advice would be to return the avr because you already have one...

Nice problem to have!! :appl::wavey:
Love your collection.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, if I have to pick only one ring - Casa is my keeper :kiss2: I do love the idea of resetting the AVC as a pendant though... if I have to pick only one ring :mrgreen2:

Please don’t do anything for a while!! Both are such beautiful, unique pieces - I could see you surprising yourself in terms of what you gravitate toward over time!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
THUD!!!!! [that was me hitting the floor] Can anything be more gorgeous or perfect in every way??????? KEEP...KEEP...KEEP THIS ONE. Okay, I may have gotten a little excited there but gosh darn it's perfection in my eyes.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, @yssie! I agree. I am very, very slow at making big jewelry decisions, so I won’t be impulsive! My first AVR has been in a temp setting for 5 years, after all!:lol: I am kind of interested in the AVC as a pendant, but I’ll have to ask Caysie if it’s possible to use the current ring head or not. I also need to see if my daughters would each want one of the rings. They have not seen them yet. Thanks, and I am glad you like the Casa!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
THUD!!!!! [that was me hitting the floor] Can anything be more gorgeous or perfect in every way??????? KEEP...KEEP...KEEP THIS ONE. Okay, I may have gotten a little excited there but gosh darn it's perfection in my eyes.

Oh gosh, I hate not being able to reply to every single person! I appreciate all the replies! I am in the car and it’s not easy to reply on my phone!

Michelle you have the best yellow diamonds! Mine are wanna bes!!
Thank you for your sweet comments!

Last edited:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes. I was thinking keep the new casa and have the other set as a pendant.

And what a cute puppy!!!!:love:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh gosh, I hate not being able to reply to every single person! I appreciate all the replies! I am in the car and it’s. It easy to reply on my phone!

Michelle you have the best yellow diamonds! Mine are wanna bes!!
Thank you for your sweet comments!

Aww thanks DS, but I wouldn't call those wannabes by any stretch of the imagination!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results