shape
carat
color
clarity

my new custom ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gail013

Shiny_Rock
Well, after months of pouring over thousands of settings, and not finding what I wanted, I set out to design a custom ring. It was one of the hardest and for sure the scariest thing I have EVER done. We went way over the budget, but I totally love the result.

I bought the stone from a local jeweler, who also worked with me on creating the ring. I did originally order a stone from WF, but sent it back as it wasn''t what I really wanted. It had too much depth, and there was a large inclusion in the table . After searching thru every jewelry store in Mpls, I finally found one with integrity and wonderful customer service. They were willing to match the price of my internet purchase but actually found me a better stone, and they did it within two days. This is not to say that many of the PS vendors aren''t wonderful, but there are good jewelers out there. I certainly would not have had the knowledge to buy a stone for as good a price, without the knowledge I have learned here. There was no way I could have designed this ring long distance either.

There were a few problems getting the wax right, but once we did, my ring was done in time for Christmas which was a huge surprise. My hubbie had the store tell me they couldn''t get it done, and surprised me before we left town to see family. The pictures don''t do justice to this stone. It is cloudy this week, and all the lighting in our house is yellow! But on the airplane this stone was shooting prisms of light all over the place. I loved it!

I am having problems posting my pics and getting them resized, so Irina said she would help me. I have just emailed them to her, and hopefully they will be posted soon.

This ring is a combination of many things I loved-particularily Renaissance Platinum designs, with a little of who knows what thrown in. I really love the scallop of diamonds under the stone, and the way the stone sits up. It is not as high as it looks from the side and is very comfortable to wear, even here in Mpls under my gloves!
30.gif

I know you want the details-
3.04 carats
J
SI2- and eyeclean
GIA
Girdle-Thin-Med
Symmetry Very Good
Polish Excellent
9.64x9.58x5.48 depth
Table 64%, Depth 57%
Fluor-None

THe setting-
108 round brilliant diamonds
H, VS2, 1.59 carats

Thanks to everyone who gave me ideas along the way. Even though I have my ring, I am still hooked on PS, and dreaming about the next project, although I may have to wait a while!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, Gail! I am so excited for you! Can''t wait to see the pictures!
36.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
waiting here too, what shape is the stone (did I miss it somewhere?)

most importantly...I am glad you are happy and please wear it in the best of health...

gail013

Shiny_Rock
Oops I forgot the most important-it is a RB. Sorry pics aren''t up yet!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Can''t wait to see the pics...I''m glad you are loving your new ring!!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh I''m so excited for you - congrats!!!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
We need pics!!!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gail - you''re torturing us! I''m DYING to see your new ring!!!

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
aaaaaugh! Where are the pictures?
39.gif

gail013

Shiny_Rock
Sorry, I just resent them to Irina. She never got the file I sent last night. Uggh computers and those of us who can''t always operate ''em.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooo, looks like I check in just in time. I cannot wait to see this ring!!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Ohh...great story...how exciting for you!! Glad you found the stone/setting/experience you were looking for...Can''t wait to see the pics!!!
36.gif
36.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
YOWZA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6.gif
30.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~It''s beyond words...it is so stunning!!! I see why you love it!!!
30.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woooowwwww! That is SOME RING, Gail!
30.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Just gorgeous, Gail!!! That has to be one of the most ornate rings I have ever seen!!! Enjoy!!!
36.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gail, your ring turned out BEAUTIFULLY!!!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, it''s amazing!
23.gif
Very nice!

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/29/2006 9:56:56 AM
Author: Dani
YOWZA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6.gif
30.gif
I second this!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
gail, I''m just so happy for you that your project turned out as a huge success. it looks wonderful on you!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!!!! That is some ring..............................
36.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It''s gorgeous!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooh gail congrats - it looks lovely!!! now I want to see it from all the other angles too!! more please!!!! hahaha

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
now THAT''S an eyecatcher!!!! It''s sooooooooo lovely!!!! Congrats on the new ring :)

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a knockout ring. (Actually for 2 reasons....it is a knockout in the terms that it is fantastically beautiful....AND...you could knock someone out with that setting!!! Cool!)
2.gif

I love the design, love the diamonds in the graceful curves of the setting...and the stone is lovely! Beautiful ring!

gail013

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the nice comments. We were at my brother''s home over Christmas, and my other younger brother looked at my stone and asked me ''is that a CARAT''?!!!! I nearly died becuase I was embarrased to say that it was actually three. I thought he was gonna choke! Jewelry is not important to anyone else in my immediate family except me. I just can''t get enough!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
That loud bang was Shay37s jaw hitting the floor when she saw the first pic. My goodness, Gail, your ring is blingalicious.
18.gif
30.gif
Love it.

shay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results