shape
carat
color
clarity

My New Blue Bling - 3.8ct Sapphire in DK Custom Setting

briolette

Shiny_Rock
So gorgeous! I love the setting as well. Congrats on your beautiful blue baby!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for the very nice comments. I’ve read every one and appreciate all :kiss2:

The sapphire… The color is mesmerizing. It changes in different lighting but mostly looks a tad darker than the glamour shots. It is surprising to me the color difference from loose vs set. It also sparkles like crazy.

The setting… Like I said, it’s a simple style, but executed very well. I’ve recently sold almost all my jewelry since I hadn’t been wearing it and wanted to get a few pieces that would be timeless. This is the first and I’m so happy it came out so lovely.

Talk about comfort…. I have not worn a right-hand ring in years and this feels right at home. When I put jewelry on in the morning, I leave it on until I go to sleep at night so I like comfort and wearability. I won’t go into details about what I’ve done wearing it so far (I don’t want to mortify all of you) but I am being careful.

The sad part... It will need to go back to get a few prongs smoothed. Hopefully I can schedule a date to drive there and wait. I don't want to be without her just yet. There's no security issue with the stones, just some fine tuning with the prongs.

Thank you again and wishing everyone a lovely day!

IMG_9281.jpeg

This is just breathtaking and the color of the sapphire... oohlala!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh my gosh!! That color is perfect!! I love that blue with the white diamonds! Well done!!

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
I really like those spaced out claws. They are exactly like real little claws!! The setting really suits the personality of the stone. Congratulations!

Keyto101

Rough_Rock
It looks great on your hand!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apparently I didn't miss this!! It is gorgeous! Hard to keep up with all these gorgeous jewels and whose got what. LOL! Thanks for re-sharing!!

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
@donnabrsd, I am in LOVE with your new ring! A lovely sapphire ring has been on my jewelry bucket list for sooooo long. Every thing about your new ring is perfect and just what I would have picked for myself. It is stunning and yet wearable every day. The sapphire is the perfect size, I haven’t been able to find a stone unset like that yet. I may have to do what you have done and ask the experts in the colored stone forum. I have been stalking Gemfix and they have one I kinda like but it is smaller than I would like. It is just perfect. Please post a million more pictures in all kinds of lighting. It really is just so stunning. Congratulations! So happy for you that you were able to have a beautiful piece created just for you.

ps. I am a Cali girl too, so if you need company going to see David, I would be happy to join!

Sorry to thread jack. If you are close enough to see gemfix you might stop by Tom and Erica Schneider on the 4th or 5th floor. He cuts and they have a massive selection. Mostly serving the trade in the building but happy to sell to the odd customer. They don't have a website or really any marketing but my jeweler introduced me and I almost died of colored stone overload.

donnabrsd

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry to thread jack. If you are close enough to see gemfix you might stop by Tom and Erica Schneider on the 4th or 5th floor. He cuts and they have a massive selection. Mostly serving the trade in the building but happy to sell to the odd customer. They don't have a website or really any marketing but my jeweler introduced me and I almost died of colored stone overload.

@CSpan I'm about 1-1/2 hour drive from Gemfix, so not close enough to just stop in. If I'm in the market again for a colored stone, I'll consider visiting Tom & Erica. @luv2sparkle might be closer.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results