shape
carat
color
clarity

My new bling

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sbrennan

Rough_Rock
Hi all.
I’ve been lurking for a while and this is my first post. This is such a great site - you''re all amazingly knowledgeable and so generous with your expertise and ideas. I’m glad I found Pricescope!

Here''s my story: this year I decided to upgrade my jewelry. I figured I’m not a kid anymore and should overhaul the lot of it. Rule Number One: new purchases had to be in platinum. I’ve had a lot of white gold over the years but it always turns yellow and it’s such a pain to have to take pieces to be dipped. And I wanted something that would be very white and never wear out.

Rule Number Two: everything should make me feel like a million bucks. This point is not negotiable and will help me avoid mistakes.

So here’s what I did: I got a very nice platinum band from Facets with 11 F-G VS2 diamonds, .51ctw. I actually ordered this one from eBay because it was the nicest I saw there and seemed to be the best value. Worn as a right hand ring, it sparkles like mad and I love it.

Then I upgraded my old, small, and not well cut diamond pendant. I went to Blue Nile and built one. Ideal cut, F, VVS2, .37ct, platinum bezel setting. Very nice. Fulfills Rule Number Two.

Then my husband and I decided to re-do our wedding rings, which were chosen 12 years ago when we had no money and no knowledge. We got Facets to do those and chose Raphael 3 mm comfort fit platinum bands. Very elegant. And instead of redoing my ering I decided to get a platinum channel set eternity band to wear with the plain platinum band. It will be 3.1 mm, 1.00ctw, diamonds all around. It had to be made from scratch since my 4.5 size wasn’t in stock and will be ready next week. Again, F-G, VS2, ideal cut, very, very sparkly, and I love it. Jerry was a joy to deal with.

Here’s where I found Pricescope: Lastly (at least for now!) I wanted to replace my diamond studs. Old ones (or I should say “one” because I lost the other a couple of years ago) were .70ctw and bought at Fortunoff, but evidently not well cut because they didn’t have a ton of sparkle and magic. So, not to make that same mistake again, I lurked around here for a while and learned as much as I could to get my priorities straight about cut, color, clarity, and size. To save a bit of money I searched for diamonds on the Pricescope database that were slightly under .5ct each. Found two nice ones at Whiteflash and called Denise. She was great to deal with. Diamonds are H&A, .466 each, H, VS2, have nice Ideal Scope images, and HCA scores of 1.5 and 1.8. I’m having them put into 3-prong platinum Martini settings with heavy push-backs. My old studs had screw backs and they tended to spin around and work themselves loose, so I was always worried. I think this will give me more peace of mind. I’ll receive them tomorrow and I can’t wait! Here are links to the stones:
http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/diamond_Details.aspx?itemcode=AGS-6206406#
http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/diamond_Details.aspx?itemcode=AGS-6206407

So, thanks to everyone for being here and allowing me to benefit from your expertise.

Sheila

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Glad you are enjoying your new pruchases! Have you considered LaPousette backs they stay in place with no movement on your part.

sbrennan

Rough_Rock
I did consider the LaPousette backs and was going to go with them. Denise convinced me to try the heavy push-backs. Leap of faith - I got a good feeling from her and decided to take her advice. I guess I can always switch to the LaPousettes at a later date if I feel insecure. Thanks.

Sheila

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh I am sorry I wasnt trying to be pushy. I had the heavier backs but they made my ears look funny. I am small lobbed thought. Pleas post picture os your earring when you get them and let us know how they wear.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Hi, Sheila!

I''m so glad you decided to come out of "Lurkdom"!
1.gif

Welcome to Pricescope!

widget

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Oh, these will be GORGEOUS!
30.gif
Denise is a doll and very kowledgeable-I''d trust her recomendation.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results