shape
carat
color
clarity

My new Asscher e-ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

boo

Rough_Rock
I think that the proportions of my ring are quite similar to the gorgeous Fay Cullen ring. But the metal beads seem more prominent on my ring. That may be because there is no milgrain border to hold the diamonds in. But I think I shall go back to the jeweller and ask if the metal bits can be made more uniform and less prominent. I don''t think I can go much more narrow on my halo.

Valeria101: this was the only ring of its kind in all the shops i went to, so there isn''t much else out there i can compare it with. I did try on some rings similar to Firegoddess'' ring and the Ritani Princess ring, but those have a different type of pave halo: flush with the central stone and with a milgrain border, which mine doesn''t have , so I don''t know if my type of pave is meant to look like that with the metal bead prominence.

My ring (halo and all) sits very low, and there is definitely no space to fit a wedding band under it. I guess the question is, do I like the halo setting enough to sacrifice wearing a wedding band with it? I''ll only want to wear both at the same time when I''m not at work, ie less than half the time i think!
28.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/1/2005 7:15:02 AM
Author: boo

I guess the question is, do I like the halo setting enough to sacrifice wearing a wedding band with it?
Some halo rings allow wedding bands next to them... like THESE
2.gif

03NN13.jpg
24NN13.jpg

05QQ13.jpg
and THIS

I know you prefer an open halo (actually, so do I) - these examples are just meant to show the underside of the diamond bezel that allows a band to sit close to the ring.

If there is any recourse left, of course.

royalasschergirl

Shiny_Rock
HI Boo! Thanks for sharing your pictures -- I hope you aren''t going too crazy trying to determine if you should change it or not! Before i give my opinion, i''d like to say you should be the one to make the decision -- like someone commented earlier, you fell in love with it for a reason, so maybe change is not the answer. On the OTHER hand, if you told them one thing and it came out different than you had hoped, that''s a whole different ballgame!! I''m a big Asscher fan, (i''m eagerly awaiting my Royal Asscher, its KILLIN ME!) and the reason i love the stone is because it truly is unique. My personal opinion, and it is just that, is the stone itself should be the focus of the ring -- halo, pave, or solitaire, an asscher is meant to be stared into and admired!! I think that your setting takes away from the stone, it almost gets a bit lost in there. And whether you go with a different type of halo, smaller gap, smaller pave, or you go with the antique Cartier style, choose something that accentuates the stone -- its beautiful, and everyone will want to stare into, so make it easy for them to admire it!
31.gif
I''d also talk it over with your fiance -- what is his opinion? I know he doesn''t have to wear it every day like you do, but i''m willing to bet he''s got his perspective! Finally, i would say the wedding band is a big part of the equation if you want to wear one. We had ours custom made at the same time the engagement ring was made, so as to not have to part with it later on -- has your jeweler told you if he can fix it in such a way that you can wear one?

BEST OF LUCK, follow your gut on this one!!
35.gif

boo

Rough_Rock
Hi Royalasschergirl! Thanks for your comments. My fiance likes this design, but he agrees that the halo looks messy. I'm thinking that maybe the cartier antique setting is perhaps an easier option all around, especially to wear a wedding band with, and I think i would love it just as much. I think we will probably sleep on it for a few days and then go back to talk to the jeweller again to see what modifications we can make. Thinking about it too much is driving me crazy! If I do change anything, I'll be sure to post new pics and an update!
28.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Boo, it''s a GREAT setting and incredible stone, but I think I agree w/ a lot of the other comments: something about the size of the melee or the fishtale pave or the lack of milgrain border--I"m not sure what--makes the halo detract a bit rather than enhance. I am basically obsessed with halo rings, so I still love yours, but I wonder if a higher head (allowing for a w-band) with smaller melee w/ the milgrain but KEEPING that fabulous floating/gap thing--might be a solution if you can stomach re-doing it? If not, it is still a GORGEOUS ring!!

(And Valeria, are those all from Icestore? YUM!!!)

mommy2nk

Shiny_Rock
Boo, your asscher looks amazing............ It looks like it is floating with the gap between. On my ring my jeweler set the halo flush to the sides of the diamond, but slightly lower and I love that!!!! I will try to post the pics

hns2005.jpg

mommy2nk

Shiny_Rock
Okay, I don't know how to do that collage thing so I have to post two seperate times..... Sorry!!

Edited to add: I have also been trying to figure out my wedding band situation because with the way the base of the halo is (see pic.) the ring will not sit flush..... I was thinking of doing two bands same width as my e-ring on either side. A lady at my work came in wearing her two wedding bands and I tryed them on... well I don't like the look of the two together it seems to distract from my ring. Also I knew it wouldn't sit flush, but I didn't realize how much space there would be........... now I don't know what to do????
33.gif

One thing is her bands are 5 years old, channel set not pave, and not as shiny as mine........ so maybe that makes a difference?? Oh well.......

hns30.jpg

boo

Rough_Rock
You have the most gorgeous ring!!
30.gif
30.gif

And yes, I agree, the wedding ring issue is giving me another headache altogether. My ring sits even lower than yours and there is no way that the w-ring can fit next to it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results