shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT My new 3-stone ring is finally here!

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
My new 3-stone ring is finally here. I was inspired by Yssie and CEMRN (Christie) as I love, love, love their rings.

My picture taking abilities suck so I''ll appologize up front for the crappy photos.

Center stone is 8.3mm VS2 L and sides are 6.0mm SI1 J (totally eye-clean) Ring size is 6

lmf3stn1.JPG

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
1.gif

lmf3stn2.JPG

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just gorgeous Farleysmom! The finger coverage is just killer! The bling must be amazing in real life!

How you are liking the reset? Glad you did it?

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Very lovely bling!
36.gif

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/12/2010 7:22:04 PM
Author: dreamer_d
Just gorgeous Farleysmom! The finger coverage is just killer! The bling must be amazing in real life!

How you are liking the reset? Glad you did it?
Thanks dreamer_d! It is amazing in real life. The photos do not do it justice. I can''t believe the sparkle in the diamonds.

I''m soooo happy that I did the reset. My previous setting, although nice, was outdated and really did nothing for the center stone. Since resetting, the center stone which is an L colour actually looks whiter. I think the 4 prong setting helps. You can still notice the colour from the side of course and it is warm in certain lighting environment but can also look surprisingly white. The side stones are J colour but look really white. The setting is not as elegant as Yssie''s
7.gif
but I still like it and I''m sure this will now be my forever setting. The only thing I may change is the height of the diamonds. I would like to be able to see the culets under the bar of gold that runs across the basket (hope I''m explaining this right). What do you think? I really appreciate and feedback or suggestions you have.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think at the moment the diamonds are set a little high for some reason. I personally prefer my diamonds to be higged by the setting a little more. The girdle should be just above the cross bar, and then you can just see the dangling culet. The attached picture shows how I think diamonds should be set.

If you want them lower the setting should be able to accommodate it, unless for some reason your jeweler ordered the wrong size setting for your stones...

I bet it is indeed killer bling in real life! I have tried on a .40-1.7-.40 before and it was phenomenol, so I can only imaging what your ring must looks like.

bigjdd26x.jpg

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/12/2010 8:51:20 PM
Author: dreamer_d
I think at the moment the diamonds are set a little high for some reason. I personally prefer my diamonds to be higged by the setting a little more. The girdle should be just above the cross bar, and then you can just see the dangling culet. The attached picture shows how I think diamonds should be set.

If you want them lower the setting should be able to accommodate it, unless for some reason your jeweler ordered the wrong size setting for your stones...

I bet it is indeed killer bling in real life! I have tried on a .40-1.7-.40 before and it was phenomenol, so I can only imaging what your ring must looks like.
When I picked up the ring, I also thought the diamonds were set too high. I''m glad someone else agrees. The jeweler did say that it would be easy enough to lower them. He said if I wanted to lower them, he would do it right away so I could have the ring back the same day. As I waited a month for my ring, I wanted to wear it for awhile but I think I''ll bring it back to have it adjusted. I really like the way the diamond is set in the photo you attached and agree it looks much better.

Are you still considering a 3-stone ring sometime in your future? Your new diamond is BEAUTIFUL and would look spectatular in a 3-stone.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. Congratulations.

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Finger Coverage Bliss!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Lovely!

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
oh wow!!! What a lovely ring Farleysmom!!!
Are you going to lower the setting a bit?
Somehow, I noticed it at first, but then, I thought it looked quite nice that way too...

you have a profile picture of the ring on your finger? :)

Bravo!! It looks beautiful!!

chicky monkey

Shiny_Rock
Very nice! A very pretty and delicate 3 stone setting!

redhead02

Shiny_Rock
Wow-za! Quite gorgeous, wear it in health!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Very beautiful ring!

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhhh......thank you all so much for your kind comments. It''s so nice to be able to share my excitement over my new ring with people that understand. Everyone is so supportive
1.gif
I don''t think I''lll have DDS for some time now -- at least I''m hopeful as I''ve changed my stone and setting 4 times now.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow...What an amazing ring...what an amazing bling
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
It is gorgeous and the finger coverage is great! I totally love your center stone, the color is delicious! Congrats
36.gif

P.S. I personally like the hight of the stones on your setting but i am one of the few around here who don''t care much for very low set diamonds...Very low setting gives me the impression that the stones are...suffocating...On the other hand, i don''t like very high settings either. My opinion is that your stones are set on the perfect height, but of course to each their own...
35.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it''s a ring of a lifetime, and so worth the wait! I would wear it for a while too, then bring it in to have the diamonds lowered a bit. The upside is they''ll repolish it after they reset the stones and it will look brand new again.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
It is beautiful, what a stunning 'L' & 'J's'. Great choices.

You should not get DSS on that beauty.

I hope your jeweller re-sets it beautifully & quickly
2.gif

ETA: Love the euro shank.

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/12/2010 4:59:28 PM
Author:Farleysmom
My new 3-stone ring is finally here. I was inspired by Yssie and CEMRN (Christie) as I love, love, love their rings.

My picture taking abilities suck so I''ll appologize up front for the crappy photos.

Center stone is 8.3mm VS2 L and sides are 6.0mm SI1 J (totally eye-clean) Ring size is 6

Wow! I love it! I think the proportions are wonderful and provide excellent finger coverage. You won''t get tired of staring at that beauty. I must have missed that you were planning this or I forgot because I am doing that a lot lately. Enjoy it
36.gif
36.gif

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Naty_H&A, Gemgirl and Steal, thank you so much for your kind comments.

CEMRN (Christie) your ring is one of my favourites so I''m really glad that you like mine
Date: 6/13/2010 9:50:36 AM
Author: cemrn

Date: 6/12/2010 4:59:28 PM
Author:Farleysmom

Wow! I love it! I think the proportions are wonderful and provide excellent finger coverage. You won''t get tired of staring at that beauty. I must have missed that you were planning this or I forgot because I am doing that a lot lately. Enjoy it
36.gif
36.gif
. I actually saved your post and referred to it often while waiting for my ring to be finished. I just loved the coverage you ring gave you.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
This is so pretty! And so big!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IT'S HERE!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

And it looks like a real beauty!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

And my goodness that thing has jawdroppingly complete finger coverage, your hand must be showstopping IRL!
23.gif

Your setting is a classic and the style is the definition of romantically elegant, in my humbly biased opinion
3.gif
it suits your stones. I do agree the stones are set a little high, you mentioned your jeweller could lower them? Your centrestone must have 5mm+ depth, lowering it would help keep it safer, too! I've heard that with properly made rings you're supposed to forget you're wearing one, but I'm not sure your ring would ever let you forget about it...
5.gif

I like the proportions you've chosen, and I like the four-prong sides for those proportions instead of 3, which is my usual default. Your stones are definitely big enough that they don't suffer from the 'squaring off' effect!

How are you liking your L in its new home two days in? I'm still adjusting to the chameleon colouring of my J, your L must be even more difficult to pin down - and with sidestones in the mix! Would love some pics of the L in different lights
1.gif

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
It''s gorgeous Farley. Congratulations!

I really like the way you mixed up colors- looks incredible.

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
It''s gorgeous and looks awesome on your hand! Congratulations!
30.gif
30.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results