shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT My new 3-stone ring is finally here!

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Stepcutgirl, Gardengloves and SparkleyOEC -- thank you all for your sweet comment.

Date: 6/13/2010 1:49:59 PM
Author: yssie
IT''S HERE!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

And it looks like a real beauty!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

And my goodness that thing has jawdroppingly complete finger coverage, your hand must be showstopping IRL!
23.gif

Your setting is a classic and the style is the definition of romantically elegant, in my humbly biased opinion
3.gif
it suits your stones. I do agree the stones are set a little high, you mentioned your jeweller could lower them? Your centrestone must have 5mm+ depth, lowering it would help keep it safer, too! I''ve heard that with properly made rings you''re supposed to forget you''re wearing one, but I''m not sure your ring would ever let you forget about it...
5.gif

I like the proportions you''ve chosen, and I like the four-prong sides for those proportions instead of 3, which is my usual default. Your stones are definitely big enough that they don''t suffer from the ''squaring off'' effect!

How are you liking your L in its new home two days in? I''m still adjusting to the chameleon colouring of my J, your L must be even more difficult to pin down - and with sidestones in the mix! Would love some pics of the L in different lights
1.gif
Yssie -- thank you for your reply. Your opinion means a lot since your ring was my inspiration. It''s nice when someone who really knows diamonds and settings appreciates what you are trying to accomplish.
21.gif
I am going to have my stones lowered as I''m afraid of hitting them. I really feel that they are too high and I like the way your cutlets showed on your ring.

My L stone looks much better in its new setting. It faces up whiter and brighter then in the previous setting as more light gets to the stone. I love the way it changes colour in different environments as well -- sometimes it looks really soft white, sometimes creamy and at other times shows a warmer tint. The J sidestones are quite white which helps as well. Regardless of the colour, it''s really blingy
25.gif
I like the character of warmer stones so the colour does not bother me at all.

IRL it has total finger coverage and is quite substantial. At times I feel it is a little "over-the-top" but I know I''ll adjust!
31.gif
31.gif
. I still find myself staring at it LOL.

I''ll try to take more pictures in other lighting environment but my picture taking skills suck so I''m not promising anything as it relates to "quality". I''ll post more when I''m off work next.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/13/2010 10:51:17 PM
Author: Farleysmom
Stepcutgirl, Gardengloves and SparkleyOEC -- thank you all for your sweet comment.

Yssie -- thank you for your reply. Your opinion means a lot since your ring was my inspiration. It''s nice when someone who really knows diamonds and settings appreciates what you are trying to accomplish.
21.gif
I am going to have my stones lowered as I''m afraid of hitting them. I really feel that they are too high and I like the way your cutlets showed on your ring.

My L stone looks much better in its new setting. It faces up whiter and brighter then in the previous setting as more light gets to the stone. I love the way it changes colour in different environments as well -- sometimes it looks really soft white, sometimes creamy and at other times shows a warmer tint. The J sidestones are quite white which helps as well. Regardless of the colour, it''s really blingy
25.gif
I like the character of warmer stones so the colour does not bother me at all.

IRL it has total finger coverage and is quite substantial. At times I feel it is a little ''over-the-top'' but I know I''ll adjust!
31.gif
31.gif
. I still find myself staring at it LOL.

I''ll try to take more pictures in other lighting environment but my picture taking skills suck so I''m not promising anything as it relates to ''quality''. I''ll post more when I''m off work next.
Yes - that''s one of the reasons I love PS! It''s lovely to have people to share our pretties with - who really appreciate all the thought that goes into them from an educated perspective
1.gif
My friends and family IRL just think I''m mildly nutty..

I''m not surprised that your diamond looks brighter in its new setting, depending on how enclosed your old setting was - even with the diamonds lowered this new one will leave a lot of the pavilion open, which helps even superideals! I''ve always wondered if having sidestones changes your perspective of the centre, more than just having points of comparison, it''s interesting to read that you find it so.

You''ll definitely adjust, though DSS shouldn''t be a problem for a while
2.gif
Looking forward to those pics!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Lovely and the finger coverage ain''t bad.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Your ring is truly beautiful.

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
FM- your new ring is delicious! I like the 3-stone proportions you selected! I agree with your assessment that the stones should be lowered a little, but all-in-all, it looks stunning!
36.gif

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for your kind comments. I''m really loving my new ring and don''t think I''ll suffer from DDS for quite some time. But......never say never!
31.gif
31.gif
It''s only been a few days since I got it but I still find myself staring at it. It''s a far cry from my original .39 diamond (which I still fondly wear in a pendant).

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, it''s gorgeous! Wear it in good health always!

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
I hope you don''t mind....I took some more pictures today outside. It was overcast and these pictures are a little clearer and give you a better feel for the colour of the stones.

lmf3stn9.JPG

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Here you can see the colour of the L

lmf3stn10.JPG

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
This one shows the finger coverage

lmf3stn11.JPG

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Real life perspective

lmf3stn12.JPG

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Last one (I promise)....Just wanted to show the side view. Thanks for looking.

lmf3stn13.JPG

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/14/2010 5:34:27 PM
10.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
awesome finger coverage!

what are the specs again?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love that last, too - the colour on the L looks lovely and creamy, and that is just the perfect angle of your setting
1.gif

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/15/2010 1:13:17 AM
Author: Milly
awesome finger coverage!

what are the specs again?
Hi Milly

Center diamond is 8.3mm VS2 L and the sides are 6.0mm SI1 J''s Total carat weight 3.6

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t help myself.....it was such a nice day I thought I''d take a couple more pictures. I really wanted to show the various tints from lower colour stones

lmf3stn15.JPG

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Bling shot in the sun (could''nt resist, sorry!)
31.gif

lmf3stn17.JPG

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Arrows

lmf3stn20.JPG

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Last one....just wanted to show how white these stones can look in some lighting environments.

lmf3stn21.JPG

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous Farleysmom!!

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/15/2010 4:35:06 PM
Author: Laila619
Gorgeous Farleysmom!!
Thanks Laila19.....I''m really loving it. I''m sooooo glad that I did the reset!

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/14/2010 5:34:27 PM

Your ring is gorgeous!! I read your posts about possibly lowering it. Probably not a bad idea if you are worried about damaging it. Be careful about lowering it too much though b/c then it will be so subtle that you might not get as much of a wow-factor. My friend''s ring that I posted in the other thread is really low and so as a result it''s really low-key. I mean that''s ok but when you consider the cost, I think a little wow-factor in the setting would be justified. LOL :)

Your ring is gorgeous.--I say it again. The diamonds look very well cut. Congratulations!!!

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
oh my, it''s stunning! Love your ring! I love multiple stones!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Isabelle and vbnet. I love multiple stone rings also. I love looking at all the lovelies that posters have to share. PS is go great because you can share your addictions with others an no one thinks bad of you.

And yes, I am a "BA" (Bling addict) but I absolutely DO NOT want my addiction cured...I need enablers LOL
41.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Holy blingfest!!!! It''s GORGEOUS!!!! It looks great on your finger!!!

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
I know that there are a lot of people that are really colour sensitive and would not consider a "J", let alone an "L" colour stone. However, for those that are not sensitive to colour and may be considering lower colour stones, I just wanted to show you how great (and white) these beauties can look in some lighting environments. An "L" will never be a "G" but it can look beautiful too.

lmf3stn22.JPG

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Luckyeshe for your kind words.

This is the absolute last picture I''ll post here (promise) Again, you can see how white the stones appear (not bad for L and J colours) Please excuse the meaty looking paws
7.gif
14.gif
I definitely need to RUN for the hand cream. Thanks again everyone for letting me share.

lmf3stn23.JPG

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring, dss is not going to be a problem with this one
30.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results