shape
carat
color
clarity

Eight Cecile Raley Designs projects, to be revealed over eight days

voce

Ideal_Rock
Now that February is over, I'm ready to share pictures of the pieces that Yvonne's team was making for me. I'm not going to receive them in hand until one more project is ready and I pay the final payments on these projects, so hand shots will have to wait until later in March.

First up, is a two-flower ring, with a purple garnet center surrounded by Merelani mint garnets, and a chrysoberyl center surrounded by heated African rubies.
icm_fullxfull.191441378_21ns96847c1wogsk8kkk.jpg icm_fullxfull.195671089_18skm7d1ajlwowwkwcw4.jpg
Are the rubies red enough for this ring to be considered a "traffic light" ring? Not that I was going for that. I simply had the gems for the petals and considered what colors would fit the center, so I was matching each flower separately, without considering how the whole piece would look. I love the look of the purple and green garnets together.

Hivona

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This first piece is so lively and colorful! It is beautiful and we can’t wait to see what else is up next!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yvonne's two flower ring design is one of my favorites and yours is an excellent example. That purple and green combo is giving me major envy! :kiss2:

I'm so excited to see what other projects you roll out this month. :cool2:

voce

Ideal_Rock
Yvonne's two flower ring design is one of my favorites and yours is an excellent example. That purple and green combo is giving me major envy! :kiss2:

I'm so excited to see what other projects you roll out this month. :cool2:
Yvonne hasn't activated the listings she made for the final payments, so you'll have to wait, too. :twisted2: The one I'm going to reveal tomorrow is the paraiba.

Desertrose

Shiny_Rock
Trade
LOVE the color combo, it really works and makes it interesting and well balanced! :clap:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yvonne hasn't activated the listings she made for the final payments, so you'll have to wait, too. :twisted2: The one I'm going to reveal tomorrow is the paraiba.

You're a mean one, you are...making me wait. :lol: Now I know there's paraiba involved and I'm dying. Dying I tell you! :knockout: I'm super excited to see it!

voce

Ideal_Rock
@elle_71125 If I have your contact info I can email you pictures. Are you on LT?

Last edited:

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Now that February is over, I'm ready to share pictures of the pieces that Yvonne's team was making for me. I'm not going to receive them in hand until one more project is ready and I pay the final payments on these projects, so hand shots will have to wait until later in March.

First up, is a two-flower ring, with a purple garnet center surrounded by Merelani mint garnets, and a chrysoberyl center surrounded by heated African rubies.
icm_fullxfull.191441378_21ns96847c1wogsk8kkk.jpg icm_fullxfull.195671089_18skm7d1ajlwowwkwcw4.jpg
Are the rubies red enough for this ring to be considered a "traffic light" ring? Not that I was going for that. I simply had the gems for the petals and considered what colors would fit the center, so I was matching each flower separately, without considering how the whole piece would look. I love the look of the purple and green garnets together.

Lovely color choices for the flower ring, voce! Doing the slow reveal of your new pretties will keep us all on the edge of our seats, lol :)

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, how awesome to have so many new pieces to look forward too! The flower ring is really pretty! Love the stone combinations, so colorful!

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your flower ring is so pretty @voce :love:. This is going to be a fun thread to watch!

voce

Ideal_Rock
My Easter Joy Paraiba Ring. Actually, it's an oval camellia ring done by Cecile Raley Designs, but in case you don't like the riot of colors on display here, the choice of the melee stones for the halos were all mine, and CDR worked with my choice of melee stones and my layout for the arrangement.

Since I saw the oval paraiba, I thought that 1) it would be a great candidate for the camellia ring style, and that 2) I didn't want a paraiba ring that has already been done before. I decided I wanted a colored stone halo, but then what colors would work best? The inspiration came to me that since my loose paraiba resembled a blue robin's egg, I could use all these bright colors in an abstract representation of an Easter basket, filled with all sorts of bright eggs, but with the paraiba egg being the brightest and the most precious one.

Cecile Raley Designs' work is exquisite, and I was delighted when I received the photos. Yvonne said that she was a bit worried with how colorful it was, since it's not everyone's cup of tea. But because I gave so much thought to the CS halo layouts (lots of symmetry and geometry in arranging all the colors) and selected the gems, I feel it's really true to my aesthetic. Will be so excited when I get to wear it proudly!

icm_fullxfull.191441758_o44l38tew2okk8000ccc.jpg icm_fullxfull.191441782_grmml9dmp7cco8woks48.jpg icm_fullxfull.195671377_bsi7mp5lu1444o0o4cc0.jpg
First halo: 1.75mm rubies, sapphires, Merelani mint garnets
Second halo: 1.25mm canary yellow diamonds, paraiba tourmalines, demantoid garnets

Hivona

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I can definitely see the Easter basket reference! I really like it and think it is different and special.

clumberlove

Shiny_Rock
What a unique and lovely take on the camellia! I like the Easter egg idea. Even with all those different colours it doesn't distract from that delicious glow your paraiba has! I'm excited to see the next reveal, this 8 days of CRD is great!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Easter Joy Paraiba Ring. Actually, it's an oval camellia ring done by Cecile Raley Designs, but in case you don't like the riot of colors on display here, the choice of the melee stones for the halos were all mine, and CDR worked with my choice of melee stones and my layout for the arrangement.

Since I saw the oval paraiba, I thought that 1) it would be a great candidate for the camellia ring style, and that 2) I didn't want a paraiba ring that has already been done before. I decided I wanted a colored stone halo, but then what colors would work best? The inspiration came to me that since my loose paraiba resembled a blue robin's egg, I could use all these bright colors in an abstract representation of an Easter basket, filled with all sorts of bright eggs, but with the paraiba egg being the brightest and the most precious one.

Cecile Raley Designs' work is exquisite, and I was delighted when I received the photos. Yvonne said that she was a bit worried with how colorful it was, since it's not everyone's cup of tea. But because I gave so much thought to the CS halo layouts (lots of symmetry and geometry in arranging all the colors) and selected the gems, I feel it's really true to my aesthetic. Will be so excited when I get to wear it proudly!

icm_fullxfull.191441758_o44l38tew2okk8000ccc.jpg icm_fullxfull.191441782_grmml9dmp7cco8woks48.jpg icm_fullxfull.195671377_bsi7mp5lu1444o0o4cc0.jpg
Second halo: 1.25mm canary yellow diamonds, paraiba tourmalines, demantoid garnets

I freaking love it! It’s so bright and colorful and just a super cheerful ring. :love: :love: :love:
I already love anything with a paraiba tbh but this ring brings it up a notch with all those Easter / summer colors and I can’t get over how cool it is! :cool2: I hope you wear this baby with pride and I can not wait to see your hand shots. :dance:

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That's a really pretty ring! I love that you could wear it with anything and it will match!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is definitely exquisite! I don’t know if it’s just the Easter egg association, but all the colors just make it a perfect spring ring!

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love your Paraiba ring @voce ! :love: It’s such a happy piece and is certain to put a smile on your face every time you look at it =)2.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You kicked off the run with two of my favorite CRD designs - the two flower ring and Camellia (I own several of each :eek2:). Can't wait to see what other goodies you have coming to you!

I laughed reading this as I can relate to the discussion. I once asked for her help in making this massive ring showing the assorted colors garnets come in. We called it the "gaudy garnet" project and she along with her bench executed it perfectly to what I had envisioned. The whole point of custom is to build rings that fit your own preferences and personality, right?

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would have never thought of the Easter association, but it's perfect for this ring! It's going to look so beautiful on your hand :)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your rings are gorgeous!!!
The Paraiba halo ring is a stunning piece of art. Gorgeous!!! It works so well with the bright colours. Congrats!!!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock

I LOVE your Easter basket ring! It’s so gorgeous, and such a lovely sentiment to be related to an Easter basket. The symmetry and color play is divine. I also like some of my jewelry pieces to be ‘just mine’, especially when I’m going the custom route.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Thanks @Hivona @clumberlove @elle_71125 @natasha-cupcake @alene @2Neezers @lilmosun @leslie1956 @Acinom @Indylady for all your comments. I'm delighted that my paraiba ring sparks joy for other people, too.

Now, this next reveal is a little bit in the opposite direction, just all blue. My idea for an all tonal blues rosette ring turned out like this. I like it, but I don't love it yet. I'm waiting to receive it in person to decide whether I will love it. There is less contrast than I would typically have liked, but if the colors are ever shifting like moving waters, then I know I would love it. Please let me know what you think.
icm_fullxfull.196130413_cjicpn08npc00c0ko4kc.jpg icm_fullxfull.191901650_7gfa300a05ooo4cs0ckc.jpg icm_fullxfull.191901732_ad2efuz5a884k0c4www8.jpg
7mm indicolite tourmaline
8 4x3mm teal blue Montana sapphires
8 1.75mm African sapphires

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh these reveals are so fun!!!! The blue one is pretty, but hopefully it has a bit more contrast IRL, and doesn't blend all together. The paraiba is so unique and fun!

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I really like the blues in your Rosette ring, but I get what you're saying about the lack of contrast. If it still bothers you after seeing it in person may be the issue could be solved by switching out the 4x3 Montana sapphires for a lighter blue or even blue-green gem down the road.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful Rosette ring. I can clearly see the different blues on my screen. I hope you will clearly see them in person. It’s a beautiful design and you could also swap some stones for a brighter and/lighter blue

I love your reveal thread!!

voce

Ideal_Rock
Oooh these reveals are so fun!!!! The blue one is pretty, but hopefully it has a bit more contrast IRL, and doesn't blend all together. The paraiba is so unique and fun!
Thanks lovedogs, I'm hoping for a bit more contrast irl, too.

I really like the blues in your Rosette ring, but I get what you're saying about the lack of contrast. If it still bothers you after seeing it in person may be the issue could be solved by switching out the 4x3 Montana sapphires for a lighter blue or even blue-green gem down the road.
Leslie, if it comes down to switching out the Montana sapphires, I have already purchased a set of lavender Madagascan sapphires, which I think would also look nice there.

Beautiful Rosette ring. I can clearly see the different blues on my screen. I hope you will clearly see them in person. It’s a beautiful design and you could also swap some stones for a brighter and/lighter blue

I love your reveal thread!!
Thanks, Acinom! I love all your threads :P2.

When I put the loose gems together on paper last year I thought they looked good, but the Montana sapphires look darker once set, which I didn't account for. Still hoping it'll be better in person, and that my initial design choice wasn't wrong.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results