shape
carat
color
clarity

My New 1.32 Upgrade abd Diamond Wedding Band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
20 years is a wonderful milestone! Congratulations! And what a beautiful diamond and anniversary band. It looks absolutely huge on your hand!!! Very, very nice.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooooh I love them!! So beautiful!!! Well done!
36.gif

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
I am in love with that wedding band! It is exactly what I have been looking for! Can I ask who made it?

Your set is truly stunning! Congrats!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
wow- katebar

this is an incredible set. I think the band is beautifully made.
I like the combo shared prong/channel set. Was that also from Garry?

Love the solitaire ofcourse- Congrats on the big 2-0!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your set is just beautiful!! And that stone looks huge on you! Congrats on your milestone!!

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Love it!! Congrats!!
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is a beautiful set! The diamond looks HUGE on your finger. Enjoy!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW!!!!! Your new set is beyond stunning. Congrats on your 20th!!!!! ENJOY!!!!

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Dee*Jay and Cachette. Yes I am a lucky girl in more ways than one. I just noticed on the valuations that my WB has 20 diamonds
9.gif
Not intentional but kind of cool to know
36.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/5/2007 6:18:34 AM
Author: JadeLeaves
Congrats on the milestone anniversary & your new blingy set!

Are those heart prongs I see? Precious Metals did a great job!
Thanks Jadeleaves no they are not heart shape but just 'shaped'. i don't know what the technical term from them is but I just love them. yes Precious Metals and Garry's team did a superb job. I don't know if Johnny actually made it in the end but whoever did did it perfectly
1.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/5/2007 9:28:00 AM
Author: Catmom
I love your set. It''s so classic and beautiful!!
36.gif
36.gif
Congratulations on your anniversary.
Thanks Catmom I do feel it is timeless too

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/5/2007 9:48:18 AM
Author: Sundial
Katebar congratulations on 20 years of marriage and stunning new rings!!! It looks like you found one killer diamond and the engagement ring setting is so pretty and classic. I love the look of your channel set band. The two rings are just incredible together, enjoy!
Thanks Sundial Canuck-Gal and Lumpkin. Yes the stone is really amazing and i was going to let it go orignally but Tim said i had to have it
2.gif

The band is not really a channel setting but has little ''grains'' of platinum between each stone. Looks wonderful

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/5/2007 11:13:31 AM
Author: Maisiebelle
Ooooh I love them!! So beautiful!!! Well done!
36.gif
Thanks Maisebelle. I can''t wait to follow your journey too with your new ring as well
35.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Facetfire thanks. Precious Metals in Melbourne Australia made it here is a link to their site (Garry AKA Cutnuts store) Precioumetals

RRose

Rough_Rock
Your ring is amazing!!! Congratulations on your anniversary- any advice for a bride to be?
emwink.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/5/2007 12:40:37 PM
Author: sevens one
wow- katebar

this is an incredible set. I think the band is beautifully made.
I like the combo shared prong/channel set. Was that also from Garry?

Love the solitaire ofcourse- Congrats on the big 2-0!
Oh thank you seven ones. Yes the band is from Garry. I originally planned to just have a plain band but Rebecca and my sister ''talked'' me into this bit of bling
10.gif
. I glad they did

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Ellen Rosebud8506 Kaleigh Tacori E-ring SanDiegoLady. I now going to call it the Milestone
9.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!
30.gif
30.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/5/2007 8:24:25 PM
Author: RRose
Your ring is amazing!!! Congratulations on your anniversary- any advice for a bride to be?
emwink.gif
Thanks RRose. My advice would be hang in there take the good and the bad and importantly always let them think its their idea
31.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
gorgeous set!!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!!! gotta love a classic
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
wow, i''m blinded by those sparklies! beautiful
30.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the anniversary and the upgrade! It''s amazing!
36.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Thankks rascal49 skippy123 NYCsparkle DMBsGirl and anchor31. I was just with a client then and I am a very talk with my hands type of gal and she went "Stop for minute. Your ring is so shiny
9.gif
I thing I might need to be a bit more subdued because I don''t want to distract my clients. Who knew that sparkles could be an occupational hazard
1.gif

havernell

Brilliant_Rock

Katebar,

As everyone else has said, your new rings are just beautiful! Enjoy it, and thanks for sharing with us!

If you don''t mind, I have a quick question for you. The setting that we have ordered for my e-ring is similar to yours in that the head is a bit wider than the stone and therefore the U of the prongs come down to rest on a "doughnut" or circular base (I hope you understood that- see my attempt at an illustration below ). Because of this, I''m nervous that a wedding band won''t sit flush since this "doughnut" sticks out further than the band/shank of the e-ring.

So, my question for you is, did you do anything to make your wedding band sit more flush with the e-ring (i.e. is the doughnut shaved down on one side), or is your "doughnut" just not that wide? Thanks for any tips/info you can give us!

\ /\ /
\ / \ /
\_/__ \_/
( ) <------ "doughnut" or circular base

bargaincrazy

Shiny_Rock
katebar...I LOVE the new set! Your ering setting is classic, but with a unique and gorgeous basket. I agree with everyone that your stone looks enormous on your tiny fingers.

havernell...my guess is that the band doesn''t fit exactly flush, i.e. there''s a small gap, but katebar will have to confirm that. I like a little gap and prefer the doughnut at the bottom of the basket over the prongs meeting at a single point. However, I''m biased because I insisted on flush fit with my first ering at the expense of a basket I really loved.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/6/2007 1:24:59 AM
Author: havernell

Katebar,

As everyone else has said, your new rings are just beautiful! Enjoy it, and thanks for sharing with us!

If you don't mind, I have a quick question for you. The setting that we have ordered for my e-ring is similar to yours in that the head is a bit wider than the stone and therefore the U of the prongs come down to rest on a 'doughnut' or circular base (I hope you understood that- see my attempt at an illustration below ). Because of this, I'm nervous that a wedding band won't sit flush since this 'doughnut' sticks out further than the band/shank of the e-ring.

So, my question for you is, did you do anything to make your wedding band sit more flush with the e-ring (i.e. is the doughnut shaved down on one side), or is your 'doughnut' just not that wide? Thanks for any tips/info you can give us!

/ /
/ /
_/__ _/
( ) <------ 'doughnut' or circular base

I totally understand what you are saying Havenell. When I tried it on, straight away I was concerned there was a 'gap'. Instantly Rebecca Garry's sale assistant new what I was on about and they 'cut' a tiny gap in my ER on the spot. They told me that some people did'nt like this idea so they leave it till after the ring is finished and they can see if the 'gap' worries the. The cut they made is not at all unsightly and my ER on its own look great. Ill take some photos later to show you
36.gif

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/6/2007 3:28:41 AM
Author: katebar

Katebar,

If you don''t mind, I have a quick question for you. The setting that we have ordered for my e-ring is similar to yours in that the head is a bit wider than the stone and therefore the U of the prongs come down to rest on a ''doughnut'' or circular base (I hope you understood that- see my attempt at an illustration below ). Because of this, I''m nervous that a wedding band won''t sit flush since this ''doughnut'' sticks out further than the band/shank of the e-ring.

So, my question for you is, did you do anything to make your wedding band sit more flush with the e-ring (i.e. is the doughnut shaved down on one side), or is your ''doughnut'' just not that wide? Thanks for any tips/info you can give us!

/ /
/ /
_/__ _/
( ) <------ ''doughnut'' or circular base

I totally understand what you are saying Havenell. When I tried it on, straight away I was concerned there was a ''gap''. Instantly Rebecca Garry''s sale assistant new what I was on about and they ''cut'' a tiny gap in my ER on the spot. They told me that some people did''nt like this idea so they leave it till after the ring is finished and they can see if the ''gap'' worries the. The cut they made is not at all unsightly and my ER on its own look great. Ill take some photos later to show you
36.gif
Great! I would love to see photos of the tiny cut whenver you have time to take some. The guy who made my setting offered a similar suggestion on how to reduce the gap (he said they could shave the metal on one side) which sounded reasonable to me. But, perhaps your "cut" is an even better idea. So, I''d love to take a look.

Thanks a lot!

Swedeabroad

Rough_Rock
Congrats! What a stunning and classic set you have
36.gif
I would love to see more pics if possible
31.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock

Katebar,

If you don''t mind, I have a quick question for you. The setting that we have ordered for my e-ring is similar to yours in that the head is a bit wider than the stone and therefore the U of the prongs come down to rest on a ''doughnut'' or circular base (I hope you understood that- see my attempt at an illustration below ). Because of this, I''m nervous that a wedding band won''t sit flush since this ''doughnut'' sticks out further than the band/shank of the e-ring.

So, my question for you is, did you do anything to make your wedding band sit more flush with the e-ring (i.e. is the doughnut shaved down on one side), or is your ''doughnut'' just not that wide? Thanks for any tips/info you can give us!

/ /
/ /
_/__ _/
( ) <------ ''doughnut'' or circular base

Here you go Havernell

katcut.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results