shape
carat
color
clarity

My new 0.98 tcw BGD Truth studs

Efriede

Shiny_Rock
Hi, Kalliope,

The diamond prices have changed indeed, as MGR mentioned. For the price I paid then I could have gotten a bit bigger stones now, but these studs are soooooo beautiful and the stones are the most unbelievable beautiful diamonds I have seen IRL, I can live with the fact that I paid a bit of premium for them. I could have gotten 1ctw. Studs also where I live, but nowhere of the same amazing cut quality and certification (GIA or AGS). No upgrades as well. And beleive me, as I ordered the platinum Truth settings I thought that they will be my forever studs....well... Now I can totally see them to be upgraded in future :naughty:

So upgrade option from us vendors is also nice to have. This concept is unheard of here in Europe..

Kalliope

Shiny_Rock
I'm sorry if my question was rude :oops: . I just wanted to see the difference in price and quality between the US and Europe (though I know if you want a decent diamond at a good price you would always have to buy from an US vendor) because I'm on a really, really tight budget. But I guess it would be better to buy very small high quality studs online than getting bigger ones that have no fire and sparkle at all.

Regarding the upgrade policy- there's a company in Austria that actually does upgrades if you buy a solitaire from their in-house design line. They are also one of the few who offer (a small selection of) certified diamonds, unfortunately only IGI and HRD. For GIA or AGS you have to go to the real pricey stores or, again, buy online.

Anyway, congrats on your baby girl and enjoy your gorgeous studs :wavey: !

Efriede

Shiny_Rock
No worries. I hope you can get beautiful studs. Just post a question at RT and your budjet. The folks here are amazing at finding great stones for great price. I was recently looking for my friend for a 1 tcw.pair and saw a great one for 1500$ GIA K Sl1 at JA. :wavey:

Kalliope

Shiny_Rock
Efriede|1349111283|3277454 said:
The folks here are amazing at finding great stones for great price.
I know, they are fantastic :) . I think I will be asking my parents to give me studs für my graduation next year and will definitely be opening a thread for that project when the time has come.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hi @Efriede I love you or beautiful Truth studs! I'm swinging by to see if you still love them and love the setting? Have they stretched the piercing at all? I'm trying to decide between truth head or 3 prong martini with basket?

Efriede

Shiny_Rock
Hi Bling Dream, I do absolutely love love the truth settings! So much - that when I was ready for an upgrade last year - there were no other consideration as to go with Truths again. Here are 6.1mm each diamonds in Truth- very comfortable and no stretching at all. 2336EEA2-AECA-4938-98CB-37C608D7F2FC.png 0197F4DF-2299-4B3B-A96B-2F2287814804.png

Efriede

Shiny_Rock
And because the old 1ctw pair in Truths is so georgeous and was my first pair of diamonds in perfect settings - I just decided to keep them for my daughter :)

What size diamonds are you considering for this setting?

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
And because the old 1ctw pair in Truths is so georgeous and was my first pair of diamonds in perfect settings - I just decided to keep them for my daughter :)

What size diamonds are you considering for this setting?

Ooh your new ones are gorgeous!!!! That's saying something to stay with the same setting. And great idea to keep your first pair fir your daughter, love that.
My ering is a custom bgd dream with truth head. My diamonds are .61 ct each F VS1 ACA bought preloved, 1.2 ctw. I had them set by DK in a 3 prong basket martini but the posts were too short. I have jackets but the diamonds are a little too big for the jackets. So I've sent them back to Klass to have posts lengthened and basically set them in any way to accommodate the jackets.
He is saying the diamonds are just too big for the jackets. So I might need to start over with the jackets.
Now I'm just trying to get the setting right. He said he can make something similar to the truth setting. My concerns are the diamond looking square. You've assured me it won't stretch the piercing so that's good. What I like is the cup setting with no negative space. My husband really likes the martini basket on me and just says lengthen the post. I felt like they were trying to be a martini but they weren't because of the basket. I've heard stories of a martini and basket both stretching ears so I'm confused. I have some stretching already because I'm middle age lol.
So I'm completely confused! Thanks for letting me ramble.

Efriede

Shiny_Rock
Hi, I made a picture for you to compare 0.49 vs 0.83 size in truth setting. 0.61 is a great size, I don’t think the setting will make the stone square 2D10D798-C831-4F27-A0AC-BEC60A288857.jpeg 3EF97CF5-BADC-41C2-A044-739125C925F6.jpeg D3E69777-F1B6-449E-93AA-76F405B042A7.jpeg 2A823397-39DE-4307-A37D-C602944C8505.jpeg B865B37F-23CF-488F-B677-90CA663D6C7E.jpeg

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
@Efriede You are soo sweet! Thank you so much! I am studying these pictures lol. I love how they sit in your ear. I agree, they don't look like they would stretch the piercing. And I love the size increase! I'm sure I will increase the size over time and the diamonds will turn into side stones for a ring or necklace. I just want to enjoy them now as studs. I really like the 4 prong Truth or a 3 prong martini. I cannot say thank you enough for these pictures and your input and feedback. Hugs to you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results