shape
carat
color
clarity

My new 0.52 K SI2 pendant

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I just got myself this bauble, sort of as a birthday present, and sort of just because I could.

I got my 0.35ctw diamond wedding band in August (after my husband finally realized that if buying diamonds made me happy, then he shouldn''t rain on my parade). And I got 0.72 ctw studs in October (but they spread even bigger due to depths below 60%, although both scored 2.0 or better on the HCA). So the obvious next step was a pendant. :)

I tried on a 0.45 uncertified pendant at a going out of business sale, and my husband was all for me getting it, but it was uncertified, I had no cut info, and it was set in white gold. But I definitely liked the look and wanted at least 0.45 for my stone.

I had such a great experience with K SI stones in my earrings that I looked in that general range and I found the following stone:

0.52 K SI2
5.13 - 5.18 x 3.19
Depth 61.9
Table 56
Crown 34.5
Pavilion 40.8
girdle medium to slightly thick
no culet
faint flourescence
HCA 1.3

After the way my earrings (with crown angles of 33 each -- eek!) turned out to be just as well cut as the HCA said they would be, I decided to go for it. And hey, I live on the edge, so I just kept my fingers crossed that the SI2 wouldn''t show anything in that size. . . . and it doesn''t.

The stone has beautiful arrows. My pictures don''t do it justice because I just got it when my husband came home from work.

And it''s from Mondera and set in a 14k solstice setting. The only weird thing is that it was supposed to come with an 18 inch chain, but it came with a 17 inch chain. I''m not complaining -- everyone always says that sometimes 16 is too short and 18 is too long, and I already have 16 and 18 inches, but this is more of a sturdy chain so I''m kind of nervous about transfering it to one of those. I''ll buy a longer sturdier chain if necessary.

OK, here is the first round of pics:

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Neck shot:

pendant515a.jpg

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Close up:

pendant515b.jpg

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Arrows!

pendant515c.jpg

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
That''s a really pretty diamond, the second picture you posted shows how clear it is! Diamonds make me happy too.
1.gif

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Ooohhhh! I like it! That is a nice "dress it up, dress it down" size. I can see it with jeans and as a delicate, dressier look, too. The neck shot is great and I love that arrow pic, too! Congrats and enjoy!!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Nice pendant! It looks like a perfect addition to your collection:)

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS!!

Yanno -- I think 18 inches would have been way too long! 17 looks AWESOME & ... crazy idea alert ... I''d take it to the jeweler & have the put an O ring in at FIFTEEN & 1/2 inches ... so you could wear it almost choker length too sometimes. For maximum versatility! Do love diamond solitare pendants that fall in that neck hollow area.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really like it!! Longer would have definitely been too long. It''s beautiful.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
So pretty!!! What a classic pendant! It''s going to go with everything in your closet!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! It looks great on you!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
phoenixgirl, IT IS AWESOME!

I''m going to get a bezel set diamond pendant soon and I have a question for you about the chain length - are you still happy with 17 inches? I have the idea, for some reason that the bezel pendant should sit higher, and so I''m deciding between 16 and 17. Just wondering what you thought. I really hate things to be too tight around my neck so I was a little hesitant with 16 at first, but now I''m thinking it might be the way to go!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! Beautiful pendant, I love the bail on it and the chain is a perfect length for you! Glad you DH smartened up quick when he finally figured out what made you a happy woman, lol!!! Mine has slowly been catching on over the last few years, hee hee, pretty soon he''ll "completely" accept my addiction!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s classic and lovely! Congratulations on the new addition to your collection.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! It looks great on you. I have a K pendant in this size as well!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results