shape
carat
color
clarity

My Never-ending Diamond Upgrade Saga: 2.56 Carat OEC

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hey, I recognize that ring holder!! Best gift ever! I use mine all of the time!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's is gorgeous, ROL! It looks so lovely on your hand, not to mention ginormous!!!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep coming back, hoping there are more pictures! :love: :love: :love:

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
apacherose|1425040334|3838998 said:
Resonance.Of.Life|1424809090|3837609 said:
Thank you all for your very kind words, I am excited to embark on this new project with Erika Winters :)

Really, really pretty diamond.

Mmmmmm.... Erika Winters..... soooo exciting!!! What will it be? She does not do anything that does not make me swoon.

Apache: I gave the edict of a "halo to end all halos" haha we'll see what she comes up with. I really loved my SS halo, but it was a bit too unwieldy for me.

athenaworth said:
Hey, I recognize that ring holder!! Best gift ever! I use mine all of the time!
Athena: I love it too, so glad they gave it out last year at the Vegas GTG!

nala said:
I keep coming back, hoping there are more pictures! :love: :love: :love:

More are coming :) I promise.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
10981513_10100825947217102_2101940221104118716_n.jpg

mayday

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful in every pic! Just look at this last one, wow! So happy for you, and gladly loaning you to the OEC side for now until you stumble across the perfect cushion!

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Love your OEC. The facets are so pretty and it faces up so white!
I am purchasing an OEC from Grace (we may be ring siblings soon. Mine will be smaller though.)
I was wondering in your first post you mentioned you got an OEC in J color and you said it's too tinted for you. But you are perfectly happy with your current stone. Is it because they are graded by different labs or the cut makes a huge difference?

Are you re-setting this into a halo? I am still in the process of figuring out my setting :doh:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I'm so happy for you that you found the right stone for you! It looks really pretty, and I love the flower facets.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
mayday|1425921378|3844351 said:
Beautiful in every pic! Just look at this last one, wow! So happy for you, and gladly loaning you to the OEC side for now until you stumble across the perfect cushion!

mayday: thank you so much :) Maybe I can convince the hubs to allow for TWO rings.. the perfect oec and the perfect cushion? :naughty:

OCgirl said:
Love your OEC. The facets are so pretty and it faces up so white!
I am purchasing an OEC from Grace (we may be ring siblings soon. Mine will be smaller though.)
I was wondering in your first post you mentioned you got an OEC in J color and you said it's too tinted for you. But you are perfectly happy with your current stone. Is it because they are graded by different labs or the cut makes a huge difference?

Are you re-setting this into a halo? I am still in the process of figuring out my setting :doh:

OCgirl: Oh, yay! Diamond twins :) Which one did you get? I think the way the stone is cut affects body color and perceivable color.. I noticed that this OEC throws a lot more white light than other OECs I've looked at but similar to the 1.7 GIA F. They were both GIA Js but I noticed the tint bothered me a lot less in this J probably because I am willing to give up the GIA H/I range for the perfect faceting (I let the perfectly faceted cushion slip through my hands years ago and I regretted not buying it to this day).

I am a halo girl, I never was a fan of solitaires-- however, I will say these elaborate antique solitaires really good a certain oompf to these stones. I am still hashing out design ideas.

pregcurious said:
I'm so happy for you that you found the right stone for you! It looks really pretty, and I love the flower facets.

Pregcurious: thank you kindly ! ::)

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I will do a reveal when I get it! The stone is a J too so I'm a lil worried about the color. It's making me quite nervous. I currently have a Brian Gavin G color RB and I appreciate whiter stones. I saw the J stone in person and I was fine with the color but you know how women are!!! :wall: I know OECs are supposedly prettier in slightly warmer colors but this is my first one so I don't know how my eyes will take it in the long run.

Good luck with your setting process!

therainbowradish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
ROL, that is an amazing diamond! Can I ask about your bezel band? I am looking for something just like that! Where did you find it? It looks like Old cuts, yes?

Phanie

Shiny_Rock
It's surprising to hear of a downsizing on PS!
Any reason why that you'd like to share?
Your OEC is gorgeous. Cannot wait to see the final setting.
My quest for the perfect to me stone has been something too.
In the end, I got an amazing OEC 2.335 N. I love the color (I already have a small G/H looking OMC).
The facet pattern and cut of my OEC make it appear less than a N imo (which now is telling me I "need" a low color one U to Z!).
I love the size too 8.4 mm is perfect, I wear it everyday, at work and it does not get in the way (I am a RN).
So, how is the J color acting?
I have yet to see a J or above OEC that I find lively in real life. On pics, they look great and when I see them , not so much. Might be the cut I guess.
Enjoy yours it is beautiful, faceting is gorgeous. The flower pattern so nice.
More pics please!

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
OCgirl|1425971824|3844763 said:
I will do a reveal when I get it! The stone is a J too so I'm a lil worried about the color. It's making me quite nervous. I currently have a Brian Gavin G color RB and I appreciate whiter stones. I saw the J stone in person and I was fine with the color but you know how women are!!! :wall: I know OECs are supposedly prettier in slightly warmer colors but this is my first one so I don't know how my eyes will take it in the long run.

Good luck with your setting process!

Oh do please do a reveal :) See, that's where my problem comes into play regarding color... G is too white for me but J is the lower level of my tolerance (depending on body tint and faceting). The thing is color preference is just that, a preference- I have found that the cut is what makes the old cuts pretty to me, not the color as it is an indicator of how it performs (and btw, I love how mine performs-- I should get an ASET just to see since my cushion had a fabulous ASET for being an antique cushion). I wonder if you could get a fakie in that color range just to test out the color?

therainbowradish said:
ROL, that is an amazing diamond! Can I ask about your bezel band? I am looking for something just like that! Where did you find it? It looks like Old cuts, yes?

Therainbowradish: Thank you for your kind words :) My bezeled OEC band was a find off of ebay, antique and in platinum (I can't wear white gold). I absolutely adore it.

Phanie said:
It's surprising to hear of a downsizing on PS!
Any reason why that you'd like to share?
Your OEC is gorgeous. Cannot wait to see the final setting.
My quest for the perfect to me stone has been something too.
In the end, I got an amazing OEC 2.335 N. I love the color (I already have a small G/H looking OMC).
The facet pattern and cut of my OEC make it appear less than a N imo (which now is telling me I "need" a low color one U to Z!).
I love the size too 8.4 mm is perfect, I wear it everyday, at work and it does not get in the way (I am a RN).
So, how is the J color acting?
I have yet to see a J or above OEC that I find lively in real life. On pics, they look great and when I see them , not so much. Might be the cut I guess.
Enjoy yours it is beautiful, faceting is gorgeous. The flower pattern so nice.
More pics please!

It's not THAT much of a drastic downsize as cushions face up smaller than OECs for equivalent weights. My 4 carat cushion was 9.36 X 9.37 mm while this OEC despite being only 2.56 carats is 8.54 X 8.66. I wanted something whiter than my GIA K cushion and frankly, with my TINY hands, a 4 carat plus a large halo was unwieldy.. for my hands it was simply too big I need something a little more delicate this time around.

Regarding a J color OEC being lively or not-- it depends on the CUT, not the color. This goes the same for any other diamond cut as physics plays a part in how light is returned (colored and white). The 1.7 GIA F that I had from Old World Diamonds earlier in this thread was one of the liveliest OECs I have had the pleasure of viewing and I can tell you it blows a lot of other diamonds out of the water-- it was just simply too white for my tastes. In fact, recently when I went into Harry Winston and Cartier, the SAs asked to see my OEC as they have never seen an "antique cut perform like that."

I'm an RN (in a management position) and a Family Nurse Practitioner Student, how the heck do you get gloves over your set? I usually wear XS gloves and had to wear a size medium to fit over my ring (with the SS halo and 4 carat cushion).

D

Deactivated member 42515

HOLLLLLLLY MOTHER OF DIAMOND GODS!

I have died and gone to heaven.

I'm dead. Forever.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Hi YT!!!

I've missed you! Where have you been?

img_6764.jpg

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Resonance.Of.Life said:
Hi YT!!!

I've missed you! Where have you been?

img_6764.jpg

I never tire of looking at pictures of your beauty. It really is a one in a million OEC, the faceting is AMAZING! :love:

Phanie

Shiny_Rock
I wear size small and for work I just wear size medium gloves and I am just very careful when I put/remove them.
I workeed in ICU/CCU and then now PACU and I use gloves a bazillion times a day.
For me it has more to do with the shape overall of the ring. When I decided on a setting I did glove runs! I ended up with a very different setting that I first thought I would get. It is a dome shape with half bezel and I wear it every day. Not a problem so far with work or gloves. Vivi just get dirty every day with hand gel and so she gets a bath every day!
When are yoiu getting your new setting? I cannot wait to see it.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Phanie: Later this year, since I am not working and just doing graduate school full-time I can't do everything at once esp after a huge purchase :)

---------------------------
Also, i love that this set is so versatile with my other pieces !
img_6331.jpg

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is a fabulous OEC! I love it!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's definitely a gorgeous OEC :love: I'm so glad you finally found THE one that makes you happy!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bright ice|1427929640|3855581 said:
It's definitely a gorgeous OEC :love: I'm so glad you finally found THE one that makes you happy!

+1 And I love that bracelet, too! The rings look beautiful with it!

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Yimmers|1427880276|3855428 said:
This is a fabulous OEC! I love it!

Thank you :)

bright ice said:

:) Thank you ! I absolutely love your OEC too !

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1427934004|3855607 said:

Thank you, DS! :) Hopefully you're going to the GTG I'd love to have you try on the bracelet :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Resonance.Of.Life|1428109095|3856624 said:

Thank you, DS! :) Hopefully you're going to the GTG I'd love to have you try on the bracelet :)

Awww, I wish I could go, but it is such a long trip for a weekend from the east coast! I surely would love to try it on, though! Thanks!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is one of the most GORGEOUS, if not THE most gorgeous OEC's, I've seen. Wow wow wow!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

The faceting is amazing!! And the stone faces up so white!!

This is sooooo NOT helping!! I really ought to stay away from PS again, lol!!

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1428109903|3856635 said:
Resonance.Of.Life|1428109095|3856624 said:

Awww, I wish I could go, but it is such a long trip for a weekend from the east coast! I surely would love to try it on, though! Thanks!

DS:
That's unfortunate, I recall meeting you at the 2013 GTG though. Perhaps another year?

Phoenix said:
This is one of the most GORGEOUS, if not THE most gorgeous OEC's, I've seen. Wow wow wow!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

The faceting is amazing!! And the stone faces up so white!!

This is sooooo NOT helping!! I really ought to stay away from PS again, lol!!

Phoenix: You have such exquisite tastes, so this is a HUGE compliment :) Thank you :)

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
A post Trader Joe's shot :) Almost looks like my diamond has fluoro!

img_7821.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results