shape
carat
color
clarity

My MRB Bangle Project

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Went up to the Big Smoke as in London to discuss my bangle project with my mum's MRB.

It turns out the stone is 1.94ct which is bigger than I have anticipated. :appl:

Simon Wright as recommended by @TravelKat was extremely helpful.

He fixed my EC ring that was bent after I hit it hard against a table during a good night out.

He also reduced the length of my diamond bracelet, replaced the loop, turned the clasp around so that it is easier to do up.

He also buffed both items before cleaning them in the ultrasonic bath.

That's on top of our discussion about the bangle and trying out a mock up for size and fit, all within about 30min!!!

He works fast for certain!

Here is a pic of the mock up for the bangle, apparently it was 3D printed, cute! It was a tad too tight, and the collette may be reduced by a fraction at my request.

It looked good on my hand as it was. It helps that the stone is close to 2ct for certain! No doubt it will get a lot of wear.

20200311_121841.jpg

He will post new mock up to me to save me another trip to London. It took me 1.5h to get across London by buses instead of the normal 45min, so I was late for my appointment and did not get to discuss other projects I have in mind.

Hopefully it will be ready in time for my trip to Vancouver in May/June this year if there is no travel restrictions in place.

We may meet up closer to my home for the delivery.

Can't wait!

DK :))

Last edited:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly I love the look of the black plastic! Hmmm

So do I!

I could not help admiring it while Simon fixed my ring and bracelet.

Unfortunately it will not go with my existing bracelet, so it has to be in platinum.

Wearing both together would be awesome!

I would still like to have a bezel set tennis bracelet about 4 to 5cttw one day though, and that would be it for the wrist.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
If you ever felt like having a black bracelet like that, maybe it would be possible to black-rhodium plate one, and then when you got tired with it, you could have it polished back off? Just wondering.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you ever felt like having a black bracelet like that, maybe it would be possible to black-rhodium plate one, and then when you got tired with it, you could have it polished back off? Just wondering.

Probably too avant garde for me, therefore I shall stick with white metals.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that for your bangle. The black against the diamond is great contrast. ❤️

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Platinum will be luxurious and weighty - I like heft in bracelets, partly for feel and partly for security in case they catch on something (maybe that’s just me though as I talk with my hands a lot!).

With a 2 carat stone, is it open in the back or will you have a safety chain attached somehow?

Edit - coming back to say nearly 2 carats is such a great size for a bangle. It has great presence on your wrist and looks really wearable!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks ace :)

I like the contrast of the dark material against the bright stone as well!

I feel your pain about London traffic - I was up there the other week and it took an hour and 40 minutes to drive 12 miles as the crow flies...

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Platinum will be luxurious and weighty - I like heft in bracelets, partly for feel and partly for security in case they catch on something (maybe that’s just me though as I talk with my hands a lot!).

With a 2 carat stone, is it open in the back or will you have a safety chain attached somehow?

Edit - coming back to say nearly 2 carats is such a great size for a bangle. It has great presence on your wrist and looks really wearable!

It will be an open bangle. With my fat chunky wrist, it will be very secure as it will be made in an oval shape and won't turn.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@OoohShiny and @missy , sadly, it will be in platinum and not in black, the latter is too avant garde for me.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s going to be fantastic @dk168

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d be into a black bangle but black rhodium rubs of soooooo fast.

TravelKat

Rough_Rock
Went up to the Big Smoke as in London to discuss my bangle project with my mum's MRB.

It turns out the stone is 1.94ct which is bigger than I have anticipated. :appl:

Simon Wright as recommended by @TravelKat was extremely helpful.

He fixed my EC ring that was bent after I hit it hard against a table during a good night out.

He also reduced the length of my diamond bracelet, replaced the loop, turned the clasp around so that it is easier to do up.

He also buffed both items before cleaning them in the ultrasonic bath.

That's on top of our discussion about the bangle and trying out a mock up for size and fit, all within about 30min!!!

He works fast for certain!

Here is a pic of the mock up for the bangle, apparently it was 3D printed, cute! It was a tad too tight, and the collette may be reduced by a fraction at my request.

It looked good on my hand as it was. It helps that the stone is close to 2ct for certain! No doubt it will get a lot of wear.

20200311_121841.jpg

He will post new mock up to me to save me another trip to London. It took me 1.5h to get across London by buses instead of the normal 45min, so I was late for my appointment and did not get to discuss other projects I have in mind.

Hopefully it will be ready in time for my trip to Vancouver in May/June this year if there is no travel restrictions in place.

We may meet up closer to my home for the delivery.

Can't wait!

It’s really lovely!! And you got the typical Simon service. He’s work is fabulous and he’s so good to work with. I’m pleased you’ve had a good experience and once things go back to normal I hope you’ll get to take your new pieces on a rescheduled holiday.

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
I came very close to setting an inherited diamond in a bangle like that. I loved it but my diamond was smaller and ended up in a ring. Seeing even your black plastic version has me thinking I still need one.

collier

Shiny_Rock
It is fabulous! I love it with the black but it will look swelegant with platinum.

(bonus points for anyone who can name the musical)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The bench contacted me yesterday to say the project can resume!

DK :clap:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update from the bench, the bangle is currently at the assay office, hopefully it won't be long before it is ready.

In the meantime, here is a pic of my bangle.

20200623_172955.jpg

DK :kiss2:

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oooh, it looks lovely! And it’s platinum, not white gold, isn’t it? It should be luxuriously weighty. I’m looking forward to wrist shots!

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Looks amazing! Can't wait to see more pics and hand shots!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Can’t wait to see it on you!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh, it looks lovely! And it’s platinum, not white gold, isn’t it? It should be luxuriously weighty. I’m looking forward to wrist shots!

Indeed in platinum. I saved a bit of money for not having ball ends, whatever they are called! :lol-2:

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I love clean lines with a substantial metal form. Great project - beautiful diamond!

Last edited:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pics of the diamond, G/H, VS, 1.94ct.

In its temporary setting next to my EC which is an E VS1:

Side view:

The stone unset:

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Its stunning!
Such a timeless, classic & clean looking staple!

Enjoy your big mama diamond in her lovely bangle setting and wear her in good health & happiness ❤

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops, the close up pics are showing the finger prints and dirt, DOH!!!

DK :oops2::lol-2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results