shape
carat
color
clarity

My mom''s BGD upgrade!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s fabulous! Your mother is a lucky lady!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is really lovely! I think the setting is simply stunning, love the profile.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Nice!!!

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful!!

wsblue430

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgeous ring!
30.gif
30.gif
Sheer perfection! Wow! Thats a K stone!?! Its gorgeous!

legra

Brilliant_Rock
It''s gorgeous! Love the clean, sleek lines of the setting. Tell your mom happy b-day!
1.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
THANK YOU Lizzy, Softly, Oddoneout, Laila, Lknvrb, Canada, Jcrow, SDLady, Thing, Bella, Joelly, Sparemywallet, Tuckins, Dreamer, Luckyshe, Labrat, Wsblue, and Legra!

Thing, no kidding - I love this ring - good thing I have a week more to play with it
3.gif
I can't wait until she sees it. Sigh, now I have diamond envy...I guess I need to go buy myself one! (though MUCH smaller, lol)

ETA: I've heard that a well-cut lower color will face up whiter...well I'm a believer now. I'm really excited to go and do a side-by-side with my mom's current I diamond from Kays. This one looks really white face-up, though I have to admit I see a bit more warmth than I'd personally prefer. However, I think it'll look similar to my mom's current I (which showed quite a bit of warmth, especially from the side) so hopefully she'll be ok with it. I think I'm just color sensitive though.
3.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring!!! Beautiful pictures. Awesome Kool Cat.
9.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty... That K is just so yummy!!

A very hearty congratulations to your mum
9.gif
10.gif

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!!!
36.gif
This ring is GORGEOUS!!!
30.gif
It is fantastic
18.gif
I love everything about it!!!
3.gif
I''m sure that your mom will be sooo thrilled with it!
Lately, i see so many gorgeous K''s that i start having second thoughts about my E...Well, maybe i should just get a RHR in K or L
31.gif

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
WOW!! What a fabulous upgrade!! And kipling is so adorable!!!
30.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing
30.gif
as always from BGD!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
It`s stunning!!!

Yeah for upgrades!!!!!
36.gif
Nice of you to do the leg work for your mother. I`m sure it was very difficult and painful to do. ;-)

I`m sure she will enjoy it very much.

Cachette
1.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Miracles, Yssie, Nataliesamaras, Chiquita, D&T, and Cachette! And thank you all for your compliments on Kipling
3.gif
I love the K color - it faces up so white and sparkly. I was a bit nervous about it at first (especially since it''s two color grades lower than my mom''s current ring) but I trusted Brian and Lesley''s assessment that it faced up very white and they were totally right
1.gif
I can''t wait to give it to my mom!

brilliance4me

Shiny_Rock
That is a beautiful setting! The diamonds looks magnificient and so sparkly! Im sure your mom will be all smiles, kisses and hugs when you give it to her!
36.gif
4.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
WOW...how exciting for your Mom!!!! What a beauty!!!!
36.gif

Kipling is SO precious!
30.gif

Lori

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Awesome ring. It looks great on your tiny finger...but I''m sure your mom is going to want it for herself.
31.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow - it''s lovely! She''s going to be thrilled!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Brilliance, Lori, Tigian and Geckodani!

Brilliance I hope so! She gets it on Wednesday (that''s her birthday) so I''ll let you guys know and try to get some handshots!

Lori Thanks! I''m leaving my kitties for the first time (with BF while I''m home) and I''m already having separation anxiety!

Tigian Haha the good thing is I come back with her current diamond. She wants me to get it reset here in Chicago and I get to wear it until she comes here for graduation and gets it from me. Not quite a fair trade since the BGD stone is just spectacular but I''ll take it!
2.gif

Geckodani Thanks! I hope so!
1.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Alright some handshots! These are from the night of her birthday party so the pics themselves aren''t the greatest. Since she''s been working though, I haven''t been able to get any good handshots during the day
7.gif

BEGIMG_1564d.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

BEGIMG_1574d.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Fun pic with her two 24 kt. gold bands. Story behind those bands - they were made for my grandma''s 70th birthday nearly a decade ago in Korea. Since then, my grandma hasn''t really been wearing jewelry and she knew my mom really wanted some gold bands herself (but of course, the price right now for gold is just ridiculous). So my grandma gifted them to my mom. They were pretty bent when she sent it to me to be sized at my jeweler but after rounding it out, we discovered that they didn''t need to be sized at all. The jeweler thought it was really cool - they don''t really see high-karat gold very often
1.gif

BEGIMG_1589d.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring! Your mom is lucky to have your diamond knowledge on her side, BEG
9.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
This is with my mom''s old set - a 1.06 ct. I I1 from Kays with two channel set bands soldered onto the ring. We just had them unsoldered and I''m taking the old ring with me to get it reset into a pendant for my mom.

BEGIMG_1596d.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Alright, now for some daylight pics from today. The two bands, my mom''s old ring and her new ring.

BEGIMG_1704d.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
On my thumb with one of her bands. She''s just going to wear one with the new ring (and she''s giving me the other - I think I''m going to have my jeweler use the stones and make a bezel eternity
2.gif
)

BEGIMG_1722d.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Side view of the two rings

BEGIMG_1725d.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Profile views of the two settings.

BEGIMG_1726d.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
30.gif

My 5-stone on top, one of my mom''s bands, my mom''s old ring, new ring, other band

BEGIMG_1748d.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

BEGIMG_1772d.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results