shape
carat
color
clarity

My Mommy''s Ring!! (Whiteflash)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone!

Well as many of you know, me, my brother, and sister, have been working on a anniversary present for my mother. We had a budget, and then threw the budget out the WINDOW! I think I should stop making budgets for diamonds. I have no will power.

She sold her wedding set to get our family to Canada during the Vietnam war. So 25 years later, she is a high powered, successful business woman....who still has no bling (a travesty!
6.gif
). In any case, my mother NEVER spends on herself. She worries about everything from her yet to be unborn grand-children''s financial welfare, to whether or not she should send me to Italy so I can unwind this summer....and she is a difficult, demanding yet loving, supportive woman, who has spoiled us rotten, and pushed us through the hardest moments of our lives.

When we gave her the present, she cried and cried, and cried. Incidentally....this is was BEFORE I told her it was real diamonds....she was just speechless
6.gif
She didn''t want me to post pictures on this site because she said it was so SMALL compared to all the boulders on this site. But I explained that the members on PS appreciate all types of bling whether big OR small
2.gif

Thanks to John Quixote, who is ever watchful and always ready to step in if there is any sort of hitch (however minor) and for Renee Brinlee, diamond consultant extraordinaire, who was endlessly enthusiastic for this project. And so patient when I actually spelt MY OWN name wrong for the order confirmation. Emails back and forth, and here it is! And of course the Belle and all other members on PS that helped along the road.

So diamond:

Item Code: AGS-7340505
Report: AGS
Shape: Round Ideal Cut
Carat: 0.723
Color: I
Clarity: VS2
Depth: 61.3
Table: 55.4
Crown Angle: 34.8
Crown %: 15.5
Pavilion Angle: 40.7
Pavilion %: 42.9
Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: Negligible
Measurements: 5.78-5.81X3.55

Setting:

Custom made, white gold (by Whiteflash)
2, 0.25 ACA sidestones
and 14 0.03 ACA melee

Ring size 3.75...although it spins a lot because my mom has larger knuckles then lower down. I''m estimating her ring size is actually 3.25...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ally!!! Where''s the picture?!?!?! I''m dying here!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Resizing it Mara...you are a dangerouse, dangerous girl
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait, I can''t wait!!!
31.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Our garden (because that''s where we gave it to her)

garden0303.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Flower shot...yes a flower died for this shot
2.gif

Picture-162.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Well that''s a bit annoying. The pics on my computer look about 100 times better, but I had to make it smaller.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
OMG the ring is gorgeous!! Hand shots please!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
wow that is gorgeous!

That is a tremendously thoughtful thing the three of you have done for your mother, I am sure she was thorougly touched!!

We need more pics
31.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Ally, it's stunning. I'm sure your mom is just over the moon happy with it. What a nice thing for you and your siblings to do for her. So sweet.
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful gesture--and a beautiful ring! Your mother is one lucky lady!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I personally think the ring looks bigger then what it is (not a bad thing)

mai.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! What a lovely thing to do for your mother!!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
In different light. I love this ring...and she''s so happy with it that it''s so FUN to see her take a peek sometimes.

onbox.gif

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
Nice Allycat. Beautiful ring and a beautiful story!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Sophie, Jelly, Kaliegh, Dee*Jay, Madame Bijoux, Whatmeworry: Thanks for the lovely compliments. It's so much fun to share with fellow diamond lovers!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That was such a special thing for you and your siblings to do and the ring is just breathtaking!!! Your Mom totally deserves this and she must be on Cloud 9 and then some!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Your post just brings tears to my eyes. I think it''s so wonderful to see children really appreciating their mothers (or fathers) for all that they are and do. That ring is one of the most beautiful ones I have ever seen. It definitely looks SO much bigger than the numbers. I would''ve guessed well over a carat on the center stone. I just think it''s so great that you all thought of her and did this for her. Sounds like you all are very lucky to have each other.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY Ally, the ring looks just stunning and so at home on your Mom''s hand...it sounds like she loves it as much as you all hoped...kudos on a great creation!!!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ally it is GORGEOUS!!!!! Just stunning in every way - the 3 stone design, the diamond band...it is BEAUTIFUL!!! And seriously, it looks pretty darn huge on her little fingers. What a sweet thing to do for your mom.
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know who''s luckier, you to have a mom like that, or she to have a daughter like you. Very touching. And very beautiful.
1.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh, splendid! Very well done, congrats!!

cheers--Sharon

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Awww, that''s so sweet for you and your family to do that for your mom!! And the ring is sooo pretty!!
30.gif
30.gif

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
What a lovely ring. It looks so white, so bright. Your mother is lucky to have such thoughtful children. I wish I had size 3+ fingers!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
That is a gorgeous ring, and such a touching story. Just be sure to warn your mom about the dangers of driving/walking, etc. while staring at the sparkling pet rock.

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Very well done Ally! I think I remember you posting when you started working on this project, and it turned out absolutely gorgeous! Nice job girl! (I wish I had size 3 fingers too!)
36.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful and looks HUGE! Gotta love tiny fingers... great coverage and huge SPARKLES!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Oooohhhhh Aaaaahhhhh! It turned out perfectly gorgeous!!!!
36.gif

I think this was such a wonderful gift you and your sibs gave to your mom and as you say, she so deserves it!
36.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! The ring is just spectacular. Your story is so touching - you and your family are a real class act. There comes a time in everyone''s life to ''give back'' to those that gave us so much. We are, after all, just a sum of where we came from. Kudos to all of you and best wishes for many years of enjoyment of that beautiful ring to your mom!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Wow Ally, it is gorgeous!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results