My modest new upgrade!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
So classic and elegant! Love it!

mochidiamonds

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much @Dmndsr4evr11 for the additional pics!! They are very helpful!! Hope you get an answer back right away tomorrow morning about the nicked prong.

dgakapluto

Rough_Rock
Beautiful ring!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
@MamaBee and @MissGotRocks @LLJsmom

This is the email I received from WF.

14ACF93D-DFBF-43C0-9FC5-2C39FE022942.jpeg

I emailed back asking about their quality check process which I assumed is done using a loupe to make sure there’s no gap between the diamond and the prongs or any quality issues that need adjustments. I can’t imagine they do the quality check just inspecting the ring with the naked eye.

Thoughts please? Thank you.

I also added that I can actually see it with the naked eye upon close inspection. I took the pictures with the loupe to magnify it so it’s easier to see. I took more pictures just now without a loupe to show that it’s easily visible. Diamond looks tinted here as I’m in our home office with yellow overhead light and warm walls.

8E5B684B-652B-4599-9CB3-14CDDCBF6AD3.jpeg

Attachments

• F93662DB-0FD1-4419-853D-85BF28180A28.jpeg
    F93662DB-0FD1-4419-853D-85BF28180A28.jpeg
    82.2 KB · Views: 29

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
@LLJsmom - I added you to the post as I’d love to hear your thoughts too. Thank you.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t seem to be able to open their email response. Can you post it again in another format?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I am guessing there is some truth to what they are saying but they do leave the option of return open. How do you feel about it?

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Well I am guessing there is some truth to what they are saying but they do leave the option of return open. How do you feel about it?

I told them I understand their point but I do see it with the naked eye. I wanted to understand the process of their 3-step inspection and how this could have been missed being that it’s visible to the naked eye. I appreciate that they are willing to correct the issue but the email just made me feel that I’m being petty about this. Am I? Am I thinking and worrying about this too much? Is it something I should just let go?

Thanks, @MissGotRocks.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I told them I understand their point but I do see it with the naked eye. I wanted to understand the process of their 3-step inspection and how this could have been missed being that it’s visible to the naked eye. I appreciate that they are willing to correct the issue but the email just made me feel that I’m being petty about this. Am I? Am I thinking and worrying about this too much? Is it something I should just let go?

Thanks, @MissGotRocks.

No..I don’t think you’re being petty. If it bothers you then I would absolutely send it back. It’s very easy to polish platinum. If you can see it with the naked eye then it should be polished out. They should make you feel happy about the purchase.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
No..I don’t think you’re being petty. If it bothers you then I would absolutely send it back. It’s very easy to polish platinum. If you can see it with the naked eye then it should be polished out. They should make you feel happy about the purchase.

Thanks, @MamaBee. My SA Has been great about it and wants to do everything right. She didn’t send the email above. Someone else did. Reading that email just made me feel like I shouldn’t be bothered or concerned about it although they did offer to fix it.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks, @MissGotRocks.

No, you are the paying customer and you need to be happy with your purchase. Once you’ve seen it you will always see it so just send it back and get it fixed. I am sure it is fine structurally but it bothers you so therefore it needs to be fixed. I understand your reaction to the email but I wouldn’t let anyone make me feel bad about wanting it right.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, @MamaBee. My SA Has been great about it and wants to do everything right. She didn’t send the email above. Someone else did. Reading that email just made me feel like I shouldn’t be bothered or concerned about it although they did offer to fix it.

@Dmndsr4evr11 If it were me...I would let them fix it...It’s your call though...Sending a diamond through the mail..even FedEx is a risk. If it bothers you...it will always bother you..

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
No, you are the paying customer and you need to be happy with your purchase. Once you’ve seen it you will always see it so just send it back and get it fixed. I am sure it is fine structurally but it bothers you so therefore it needs to be fixed. I understand your reaction to the email but I wouldn’t let anyone make me feel bad about wanting it right.

Thank you, @MissGotRocks. I am having second thoughts now about this whole thing. Although, I know what your mean by once you see it, you will always see it. My husband isn’t any help hahaha. He doesn’t feel it’s a big deal but he does say to send it back if that’s what would make me feel better.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @MissGotRocks. I am having second thoughts now about this whole thing. Although, I know what your mean by once you see it, you will always see it. My husband isn’t any help hahaha. He doesn’t feel it’s a big deal but he does say to send it back if that’s what would make me feel better.

You can send it back at anytime so you can take time to think about it. I am the person that can see the flaw before the beauty so I definitely understand if you send it back tomorrow! Just do what it takes to make you happy with your new ring.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
@Dmndsr4evr11 If it were me...I would let them fix it...It’s your call though...Sending a diamond through the mail..even FedEx is a risk. If it bothers you...it will always bother you..

Thanks, @MamaBee. I know it’s safe but it’s not risk-free as you said. My SA said it’s insured under WF but I think it may be better to wait for my own insurance to confirm an update with my coverage?

I did ask if it’s insured for the full amount and I’m waiting for the answer. I guess I never thought of this when I sent my old stones back with WF insuring it but I felt better sending old stones back knowing it’s covered under my own insurance.

Now, I’m having second thoughts about sending it back and just live with it but as you and @MissGotRocks said, once you see it or bothers you, you will always see it or bother you. Ughhh.

I’m sorry to perseverate about this. I’ve never had any problems with the prongs since I’ve been dealing with WF rings since 2015.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
You can send it back at anytime so you can take time to think about it. I am the person that can see the flaw before the beauty so I definitely understand if you send it back tomorrow! Just do what it takes to make you happy with your new ring.

Honestly, I appreciated the beauty first :). It’s when I got home a few hours
later to inspect it more thoroughly that the joy diminished slightly. I tried to ignore it over the weekend so I can just enjoy it but it was still in the back of my mind. The shipping label is good for 10 days. I just wish I can just drive over to get it fixed.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly, I appreciated the beauty first :). It’s when I got home a few hours
later to inspect it more thoroughly that the joy diminished slightly. I tried to ignore it over the weekend so I can just enjoy it but it was still in the back of my mind. The shipping label is good for 10 days. I just wish I can just drive over to get it fixed.

Did they tell you how long it would take them to fix it? Surely it wouldn’t be gone more than a week. Sleep on it again and see how you feel in the morning.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Did they tell you how long it would take them to fix it? Surely it wouldn’t be gone more than a week. Sleep on it again and see how you feel in the morning.

Thank you, @MissGotRocks. I haven’t asked. I will email my SA. I’m sure they’re busy with Valentine’s day around the corner.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, @MamaBee. I know it’s safe but it’s not risk-free as you said. My SA said it’s insured under WF but I think it may be better to wait for my own insurance to confirm an update with my coverage?

I did ask if it’s insured for the full amount and I’m waiting for the answer. I guess I never thought of this when I sent my old stones back with WF insuring it but I felt better sending old stones back knowing it’s covered under my own insurance.

Now, I’m having second thoughts about sending it back and just live with it but as you and @MissGotRocks said, once you see it or bothers you, you will always see it or bother you. Ughhh.

I’m sorry to perseverate about this. I’ve never had any problems with the prongs since I’ve been dealing with WF rings since 2015.

This might just be me, but I am sure as heck more comfortable with THEIR insurance than my own. They know how much it's worth. If it's lost, WF is the one who needs to work with the insurance company and I just get the money or the replacement, or whatever. If it was on MY insurance, then I would need to find out if it was covered during transit, for repair, then MY premium would go up. Then if I get money, then I would need to fight to either get cash or make sure that I would be able to replace with an ACA. Yeah, I'm fine using their insurance...

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
This might just be me, but I am sure as heck more comfortable with THEIR insurance than my own. They know how much it's worth. If it's lost, WF is the one who needs to work with the insurance company and I just get the money or the replacement, or whatever. If it was on MY insurance, then I would need to find out if it was covered during transit, for repair, then MY premium would go up. Then if I get money, then I would need to fight to either get cash or make sure that I would be able to replace with an ACA. Yeah, I'm fine using their insurance...

Thanks, @LLJsmom. What you’re saying makes sense. My SA did say they’re covering round trip insured shipping. I guess I’m just trying to cover all bases.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, @LLJsmom. What you’re saying makes sense. My SA did say they’re covering round trip insured shipping. I guess I’m just trying to cover all bases.

I totally get it! It's scary when you're spending that much money and something of that value is being shipped such a distance. With or without covid, it's likely you would need to rely on some kind of shipping service when WF is your jeweler. Try not to worry. I just grit my teeth, turn my box over to FedEx and think positive thoughts. You're doing everything that you need to do, and that's all you can do. It will be all good.

Bruin Bling

Rough_Rock
@Dmndsr4evr11 - I'm a little late to the party, but had to chime in. Your stone and setting both look fabulous! So happy the stone upgrade worked out for you, and hopefully you will be able to get the setting issue resolved one way or another. Best wishes!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
I totally get it! It's scary when you're spending that much money and something of that value is being shipped such a distance. With or without covid, it's likely you would need to rely on some kind of shipping service when WF is your jeweler. Try not to worry. I just grit my teeth, turn my box over to FedEx and think positive thoughts. You're doing everything that you need to do, and that's all you can do. It will be all good.

Thanks, as always, @LLJsmom :).

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
@Dmndsr4evr11 - I'm a little late to the party, but had to chime in. Your stone and setting both look fabulous! So happy the stone upgrade worked out for you, and hopefully you will be able to get the setting issue resolved one way or another. Best wishes!

Thanks, @Bruin Ring. How’s ring hunting going for you?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results