shape
carat
color
clarity

My modest new upgrade!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, @MamaBee! Yes, I am loving the Valoria setting. It’s substantial enough for me in platinum. Now, if I can just get the prong nick fixed.

It will be an easy peasy fix....No worries..

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!

Like you, I drew the line at H (I thought it would be an I but who was I kidding).

Re prongs, I read your concerns regarding them. Let's just say that your husband sounds a lot like my husband and you sound a lot like me. If it were me, I would definitely had it fixed. If not by WF (as you sound like you do not want to part with the ring, understandably), is it plausible for you to bring to a local jeweler to have it fixed? (I still believer WF should make it right, though).

Thanks, @daisygrl. My husband suggested the same thing about bringing it to a local jeweler. I’m afraid to do that as if something happens to the diamond, WF is not going to be responsible. It’s always hard to part with your ring. I waited one month for this upgrade and it was painful haha. Hopefully, they will prioritize it and will be a quick turnaround. I’m sure it’s a busy time with Valentine’s Day around the corner. I want to make sure it’s insured first before I send it out. I just updated it online with my insurance today. I’ll call them Monday.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! I love the Valoria and It looks huge on your finger! Congratulations.
As for the prong nick, if it were me I would call my SA at Whiteflash right away. They will prioritize this simple fix for you and I would definitely want them to fix it, not a local jeweler. I know it’s hard to part with it after just getting it, but once you get it back it will be mind clean and perfect. Definitely worth it imo.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
What a graceful solitaire! It looks wonderful (and much bigger than 2 ct) on your hand, too.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring! I love the Valoria and It looks huge on your finger! Congratulations.
As for the prong nick, if it were me I would call my SA at Whiteflash right away. They will prioritize this simple fix for you and I would definitely want them to fix it, not a local jeweler. I know it’s hard to part with it after just getting it, but once you get it back it will be mind clean and perfect. Definitely worth it imo.
Thank you so much, @Bonfire. I emailed my SA right away and she forwarded my message and pictures to their service dept ASAP but it was late in the day and it was Friday. Hope to hear from them early Monday.

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your beautiful upgrade! It’s beautiful :kiss2:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful upgrade!! And you must have tiny hands bc it looks way bigger than 2.24!!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My goodness, this is gorgeous!! Classic, elegant, and looks huge on you! Congrats on a wonderful upgrade!

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning diamond and setting! Love your whole stack!!
Congratulations :)

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
More shameless pics ;-). Really hard to capture its beauty.

0206E62B-54C2-4776-8E5C-5CA8DAC3F6F8.jpeg

Attachments

• 3CD0A634-8CD2-4CB2-9CE3-CA31207EF47D.jpeg
    3CD0A634-8CD2-4CB2-9CE3-CA31207EF47D.jpeg
    155.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 0A43E8CE-7DBB-4283-B5FD-53F16838BF18.jpeg
    0A43E8CE-7DBB-4283-B5FD-53F16838BF18.jpeg
    142.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 047DFE01-9FDD-4B38-8C36-18803A237175.jpeg
    047DFE01-9FDD-4B38-8C36-18803A237175.jpeg
    136.3 KB · Views: 45
  • F1582BA4-7C61-433B-8F6C-8493ED51C124.jpeg
    F1582BA4-7C61-433B-8F6C-8493ED51C124.jpeg
    189.8 KB · Views: 42

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful upgrade!! And you must have tiny hands bc it looks way bigger than 2.24!!!

Thank you @ac117. My finger size is 4- 4.25 but ring size is 4.5. All my rings rotate in the winter months but fit better in the warmer months and easier to fit over my knuckle when it’s hot and humid out.

mochidiamonds

Rough_Rock
@Dmndsr4evr11, thanks for sharing more pics! Your stone truly looks white and the arrows are beautiful!! I hope mine is the same! Unfortunately, I have paralysis by analysis and can’t decide between the wf knife edge and the Valoria. I’m driving my husband crazy. Lol. My absolute deadline is tomorrow morning. I feel that if I go the wf knife edge route, I might not be happy when it comes to finding a band that is compatible to my liking as @mtran89 mentioned, but I’m not sure I am ready to go the custom route since I haven’t seen my stone yet. I could just have the stone sent loose and have a local jeweler customize a whole set for me. Your Valoria looks really pretty and I’m seriously considering it. I’m debating if I should go the 14k route (temp) or go platinum. Does your straight diamond band sit pretty flush when you omit the middle band? Does the shoulder of your band have a ribbon effect or crease? I read through your old posts of when you were trying to decide on a 6 prong setting, how did you ultimately decide? I know you really liked the Jovyn and I can see how the Valoria has the tapering that is similar. Thanks again for all your help on this journey!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
@Dmndsr4evr11, thanks for sharing more pics! Your stone truly looks white and the arrows are beautiful!! I hope mine is the same! Unfortunately, I have paralysis by analysis and can’t decide between the wf knife edge and the Valoria. I’m driving my husband crazy. Lol. My absolute deadline is tomorrow morning. I feel that if I go the wf knife edge route, I might not be happy when it comes to finding a band that is compatible to my liking as @mtran89 mentioned, but I’m not sure I am ready to go the custom route since I haven’t seen my stone yet. I could just have the stone sent loose and have a local jeweler customize a whole set for me. Your Valoria looks really pretty and I’m seriously considering it. I’m debating if I should go the 14k route (temp) or go platinum. Does your straight diamond band sit pretty flush when you omit the middle band? Does the shoulder of your band have a ribbon effect or crease? I read through your old posts of when you were trying to decide on a 6 prong setting, how did you ultimately decide? I know you really liked the Jovyn and I can see how the Valoria has the tapering that is similar. Thanks again for all your help on this journey!

Hi @mochidiamonds. Not quite. See pics. It hits the prong. I didn’t have that problem with the legato as it had a donut. If I had to do it again, I’d probably get a setting with a donut. The Jovyn has a donut. Just can’t justify $1995 for a setting.

There’s no ribbon effect or crease. It’s all smooth. The knife edge is very subtle. It really looks much prettier IRL than the pics on WF’s website.

This is my first 6 prong setting. I just ended up loving the look of it after seeing many PS’ers with 6 prong settings.

Good luck choosing your setting. As we mentioned before, if this is going to be a temp setting, choose the least expensive but durable setting. I think it’s fairly inexpensive in 14K. Not sure how much the knife edge is.

I have an emerald green phone case and that’s what you’re seeing being reflected.

Here’s a pic without the Tiffany curved middle band.

Alternatively, I can wear it with my Ritani knife edge in the middle too.

12AABA75-52A3-473C-AED0-2E314CE57984.jpeg

Attachments

• 6698F59C-40C0-43B5-86AD-F3BA66EDF7AF.jpeg
    6698F59C-40C0-43B5-86AD-F3BA66EDF7AF.jpeg
    94.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 17ED24CA-1621-49AE-B90E-99FBCDA26BE8.jpeg
    17ED24CA-1621-49AE-B90E-99FBCDA26BE8.jpeg
    109 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Classic & lovely.. and only on this forum would you see this described as modest :lol::D

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgeous upgrade and not modest at all!! Looks great on you :)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, @jaysonsmom. It is modest compared to the recent upgrades I’ve seen around here :).

Your diamond on your little finger looks more like a 3 carat than mine does on my puffy finger! That’s the truth! Your diamond looks huge on your finger! :kiss2:

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Your diamond on your little finger looks more like a 3 carat than mine does on my puffy finger! That’s the truth! Your diamond looks huge on your finger! :kiss2:

Oh @MamaBee- your Winter looks big and beautiful on your finger too!!! Not to mention white! I love it! Enjoy it in good health. :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results