shape
carat
color
clarity

My Michael E masterpiece

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hopefulheidi

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for all of the wonderful responses!!

All of the credit really belongs to Michael E though
1.gif
I showed him one photo of a ring I liked and he located a reasonably priced yet incredibly similiar setting and did an excellent job filling it with lots of sparkling diamonds. My boyfriend already knows to contact Michael when he''s ready to work on my future engagement ring
2.gif

To answer a few of your questions:

My newly created ring is indeed a right hand ring. I''m not talented enough to operate the camera with my left hand though ;-) Over the last couple of years my boyfriend has given me a hard time about wearing any rings on my left ring finger because he believes it should stay empty until he fills it. Needless to say, in the hopes of hurrying a potential proposal, I have refrained from wearing rings on my left hand in the hopes that he''ll get bored looking at my unadorned finger
9.gif

There was a little concern shown by my boyfriend when I first broached the subject of resetting my old diamond. After a couple of discussions I helped him to understand that I have severed all of the good (and bad) memories associated with this particular stone. He''s secure enough in my feelings for him to believe that I''m not harboring any unrequited ties to my ex or to this particular diamond.

This does not, however, mean that he ponied up the money for the resetting, and I honestly didn''t want him to. This new sparkly is a symbol just for me :) Sure it was given to me by my ex, but financially I probably footed the bill anyways. I''m the one that has grown by leaps and bounds since age 18 (I turned 24 on 9/17/04). I''m the one that chose the new setting and paid to have it done. Regardless of what happens in my future, this ring is mine for the long haul. Every girl should have at least one piece of jewelry (or trinket or bauble) that she can call all her own.

Thanks again for all of the well wishes!
~Heidi

BLINGQUEEN

Shiny_Rock
Very nicely put. I''m glad your bf is okay with it. Mine would have a cow. He has bought jewelry to replace what I''d received from former flames. He didn''t want me wearing anything from anyone else!!!

hopefulheidi

Shiny_Rock
I had a stressful day at work recently and luckily when I was able to leave I found the sun shining, the temperature warm, and the weekend only 2 days away. I hopped in the car, blasted the radio and drove home with my sunroof popped and my windows down. Along the way the sun kept hitting my ring and I couldn''t help but notice the little twinkles of light throughout my journey. As soon as I set foot in the house, I grabbed my camera and went outside to take some shots.

Here they are:

flowers.jpg

car1.jpg

car2.jpg

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
yay sunny sparkly pics!!!! Looks GORGEOUS!!!

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
"Every gal should have a trinket that she can call her own"

I quite agree - I bought such a ring for myself recently and it''s all the more precious to me because it was chosen by me, for me and bought by me!
2.gif

BTW, I fully agree with you about Michael E - he''s a real gem himself and great to work with.
9.gif

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
oooohhh, I love the sunny pics! so pretty :)

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
The ring is gorgeous!!!
30.gif
I can''t believe how different the stone looks in both settings. Not to mention how much larger it looks in the new setting!!

Congratulations on picking such a beautiful RHR setting!!!

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
I love it... and I obviously didn''t read closely enough since I haven''t figured out if he found that setting for your stones, or designed it?

I''m a big bezel fan and have a loose tanzanite and a few smaller diamonds that need a new home!

hopefulheidi

Shiny_Rock
Sorry I missed your question until now.

For anyone still interested, Michael E ordered my ring as a pre-cast setting from Adwar: http://www.adwar.com/products/Catalog16/page_1030/index.html (top left).

He of course set all the stones, and did some star patterned engravings on the side of the halo to make the stones pop more.

I''ve had my ring for over a year now and I still love it. There are so many little melee that I''m always catching a sparkle of light out of the corner of my eye. The thin band really makes the stone look bigger as well, but it''s well crafted enough that I can wear it all day, every day, without worrying about damaging it. If I had the chance, I''d do it all again :) (Hopefully my boyfriend will get on board and provide me with a new sparkly before I''m forced to buy another one for myself, but we''ll see!)

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
way kewl
congrates!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, beautiful ring! What a great symbol of your growth as a person & your new journey in life! (and it looks SO much better in the new setting!)

Michael E rocks!
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am just seeing this thread now. I love your "new" ring. I guess its not that new anymore. Good for you. I agree that buying yourself nice things is important.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love the new setting - it really makes a huge difference, and it is so intricate and interesting...love the diamonds on the sides of the ring...just beautiful!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heidi, I love your new ring, it''s really, really beautiful. Way to make lemonade out of lemons! So, I was thinking you can always wear it on your left hand if BF isn''t there and you''re receiving unwanted attention! LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results