shape
carat
color
clarity

My Malayas with 18K and 14K Rose Gold LOGR''s

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
TL, this is too funny - I bought the EXACTLY two rings from LOGR recently and they are with me to get set in NYC! The only difference, both my rings are in WG. One is for a green tourmaline, the other for my light color Malaya! So great minds do think alike!
9.gif

I have been tempted to write a review of LOGR review, but I am going to wait for two other rings that shall arrive within the next week, one from LOGR and the other from lan.bo4.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
The thinner shank bugs me too. I love that setting with the supernova malaya though. Gorgeous!!!!

ETA: Your photography skills seem like they have improved lately! I can't capture my supernovas like you did! Any hints?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/25/2009 6:27:26 PM
Author: FrekeChild
The thinner shank bugs me too. I love that setting with the supernova malaya though. Gorgeous!!!!

ETA: Your photography skills seem like they have improved lately! I can''t capture my supernovas like you did! Any hints?
Thanks Freke for the comments on the ring and the photography. I started to use the portait mode with my macro setting. The pictures take up a heap more megabytes, but they come out much better. You just need to crop and shrink before uploading to PS.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/25/2009 5:58:43 PM
Author: yingh
TL, this is too funny - I bought the EXACTLY two rings from LOGR recently and they are with me to get set in NYC! The only difference, both my rings are in WG. One is for a green tourmaline, the other for my light color Malaya! So great minds do think alike!
9.gif

I have been tempted to write a review of LOGR review, but I am going to wait for two other rings that shall arrive within the next week, one from LOGR and the other from lan.bo4.
That is pretty funny. I would love to see the oval one in white gold. Did you upgrade the diamonds? I think white gold would look great with your minty oval tourmaline.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 3:10:49 PM
Author:tourmaline_lover
Here''s the ACstones Malaya supernova oval in the 18K rose gold setting. The rose gold is still coppery, so I don''t know if it''s worth doing 18K, but it does feel heavier than the typical setting. It''s just a subtle difference in color. The diamonds are upgraded to full cut VS. The picture was taken in a combination of diffused sunlight/artificial light to show off the pink/peach aspect to the stone.

TL, I love this setting! The 18K Rose Gold looks richer to me, but more subtle. It goes perfectly with your oval Malaya, which is my favorite.

I can''t wait to see this ring set!
30.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PR - WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN MY FRIEND!!!?? I missed you!! I just got the ring set today - will post pics tonight. You missed a lot of PS fun around here.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 6:18:47 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
PR - WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN MY FRIEND!!!?? I missed you!! I just got the ring set today - will post pics tonight. You missed a lot of PS fun around here.

Awww...I missed you too sweetie!!! I''ve been "trying to save my job" as Elegant put it...LOL. How have you been???

What did I miss? What did I miss?

Oh, guess what guess what????
31.gif

Yay for more pics! I''ve been thinking about your oval Malaya and your colored diamod project.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have to go back through the threads yourself and find out!!! Should be fun, considering all the "eye candy" around here lately.

I hope things work out for you at work.

ETA: Did you get your peachy precious re-mounted?

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Thank you. They''re doing more budget cuts nationwide and within the school district. I''m just hoping that I''ll have job next year. There''s been talks that my school might be closing down due to low enrollment. I''m keeping my fngers crossed.

Oh, I wanted to tell you that your three-stone project inspired me to do a custom three-stone ring with Peachy. The sidestones are yellowish/champagne pears at .38 points each. I''m supposed to get the ring on Monday. The picture of the wax looked good, so I''m really hoping this is it!
5.gif

I can''t wait to see pics of your Malaya ring!
36.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/26/2009 6:52:52 PM
Author: platinumrock
Thank you. They're doing more budget cuts nationwide and within the school district. I'm just hoping that I'll have job next year. There's been talks that my school might be closing down due to low enrollment. I'm keeping my fngers crossed.

Oh, I wanted to tell you that your three-stone project inspired me to do a custom three-stone ring with Peachy. The sidestones are yellowish/champagne pears at .38 points each. I'm supposed to get the ring on Monday. The picture of the wax looked good, so I'm really hoping this is it!
5.gif

I can't wait to see pics of your Malaya ring!
36.gif
Sorry to hear about your job PR. The school nurse at my childrens' elementary school is telling me that there's lots of cuts going on in our district as well. Well, I sincerely wish you the best. You're a very dear and lovely lady, and I hate to see things like this happen to anyone, especially people like you.

Your new ring design sounds lovely, I'm so excited to see pictures of it. I'll post pictures later this evening. I have a 3 year old on my lap right now and he won't let me take pics until he goes to bed. LOL

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here you go, as promised

TLMalayaLOGRrose.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
emwink.gif

TLMalayaLOGRrose2.JPG

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
That is very pretty, I would love to see more pics.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... thanks LF.

TLMalayaLOGRrose3.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, I know this isn''t one of Mochi''s artistic shots, but I balanced it on my keyboard to get a non-fuzzy shot.

TLMalayaLOGRRose4.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
one more. My jeweler was having a hard time fathoming that this was a garnet. Funny.

TLMalayaLOGRRose5.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty ring, TL!
36.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Love it!! The setting and the malaya really goes well together, very lovely! I really need to get one of those setting for my BB ovals.

PR... missed you! I''ve been wondering where you''ve been!!
35.gif
35.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 8:21:20 PM
Here you go, as promised

WELL, JUST SLAP ME SILLY AND CALL ME JUNE!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Good lord, woman, that ring is SEXXYYY!!
1237356pr6q2nhnb7.gif

I''ve never been into halos, but that ring just made me bi-curious. I want one!!!!

Congrats, TL, it came out perfect! I''m so happy for you! More pics please....
36.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 10:45:58 PM
Author: mochi
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Love it!! The setting and the malaya really goes well together, very lovely! I really need to get one of those setting for my BB ovals.

PR... missed you! I''ve been wondering where you''ve been!!
35.gif
35.gif

Hi Mochie dear, I missed you too!!!
35.gif
35.gif

How have you been??

I''ve just been tied up at work, but I''m so happy I''m back on PS.

I am heading over to Mellow Yellow''s thread right now to check out new pics.
22.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
TL, thanks again for your kind words and support.

This means a lot coming from such an intelligent, classy and helpful lady such as yourself.
emsmile.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Mochi, FlyGirl and PR.

PR, your "bi-curious" comments are hilarious. We really missed you around here. Glad you''re back.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very interesting combo (in a good way). Definitely unique, TL.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/27/2009 11:22:44 PM
Author: Chrono
Very interesting combo (in a good way). Definitely unique, TL.
Thanks Chrono - I''ll take that as a compliment.
26.gif
33.gif
9.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m not sure if I love it, but I certainly don''t hate it either. It''s just different. It''s just unique. I can''t find the words for it.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/27/2009 11:49:17 PM
I''m not sure if I love it, but I certainly don''t hate it either. It''s just different. It''s just unique. I can''t find the words for it.
It is different, a lot more different than much of what I own, that''s for sure.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/27/2009 11:52:35 PM

Date: 3/27/2009 11:49:17 PM
I'm not sure if I love it, but I certainly don't hate it either. It's just different. It's just unique. I can't find the words for it.
It is different, a lot more different than much of what I own, that's for sure.

See, you asked for my opinion and I'm honest about it.
2.gif
It might take some time for it to "grow" on me.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I totally appreciate your honesty Chrono!!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
I just had to stop by and stare again.
30.gif

That ring is so feminine and sexy!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks PR,
The color of the stone and the ring look a lot like the combo pictured in the photo that Gailey published on this page. The look isn't as dramatic, but the color of the gold and the stone are very similar.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/oh-no-not-another-malaya.109750/

It's growing on me. I'm wearing it right now and it is very unique. It's not for everyone, but I'm really enjoying the peachy/pink combination. The LOGR is really nicely made as well.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results