shape
carat
color
clarity

My Malayas with 18K and 14K Rose Gold LOGR''s

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s the ACstones Malaya supernova oval in the 18K rose gold setting. The rose gold is still coppery, so I don''t know if it''s worth doing 18K, but it does feel heavier than the typical setting. It''s just a subtle difference in color. The diamonds are upgraded to full cut VS. The picture was taken in a combination of diffused sunlight/artificial light to show off the pink/peach aspect to the stone.

TLLOGRMalaya3.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the same exact setting that Mochi has for her peach tourmaline from Finewatergems. 14K rose gold with upgraded diamonds. This is my other ACstones Malaya. Again, taken in a combo of diffused sunlight/artificial light.

TLLOGRMalaya2.JPG

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
This thread is serendipitous as I was just talking about imperial malayas in rose gold. May I ask where you got your settings?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would like to point out the shanks on the new rings are much thinner than my previous LOGR's. The bottom two are my old LOGR's, and the upper two are the two new ones. You can also see that's there's hardly a difference in the rose gold color between the 18K and 14K rings. The bottom ring is also 14K rose gold. Please excuse my ugly dry finger.

LOGRshanks.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2009 3:14:08 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
This thread is serendipitous as I was just talking about imperial malayas in rose gold. May I ask where you got your settings?
Lord Of the Gem Rings (LOGR) - it''s a store on ebay that sells inexpensive, albeit nice, Chinese made diamond and gold settings.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gotcha.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I like it. I like the fact it is thinner. But I know some people might not. Both stones look great in the setting.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s a blue/green stone in a rose gold setting. I know some people wanted to see that.

bluegreenrose.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s a Mozambique cuprian in the setting.

TLMozRose.JPG

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Somewhat silly question. When you buy a setting from LOGR, do you just take it and your stone to your local jeweler to be set? How does that work?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
TL, those pictures are lovely. I especially love the second picture and the setting.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s my 40 point pink diamond in the other LOGR, just so people could see what a diamond looks like in here. I know it''s too small and looks a bit silly, but what the heck.

TLpinkroseLOGR.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2009 3:43:17 PM
Somewhat silly question. When you buy a setting from LOGR, do you just take it and your stone to your local jeweler to be set? How does that work?
You got it!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
What sort of fee is involved with this?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, this is becoming let''s put everything into the rose gold settings. However, it''s fun to pose different colors in rose gold so everyone can see what various shades of stones look like in this color metal. Here''s an apple green sphene, which is obviously too big for the setting, but well, here it is anyways.

TLSpheneLOGR.JPG

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those stones and LOGR settings are just lovely! I really like the jazz like setting!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2009 3:48:54 PM
What sort of fee is involved with this?
A jeweler can charge anywhere from $25 (for plain yellow gold and an easy fit) upwards to $200 or more depending if it''s white gold, or if they have to do custom work. The average fee is around $35 to $50 though. It always costs more to set white gold since it has to be replated in rhodium. I hate white gold for that reason. Ask your jeweler. The most important thing is to get a GOOD benchman that won''t harm your stone, or make your stone sit lopsided in the ring.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2009 3:46:21 PM
Author: Linda W
TL, those pictures are lovely. I especially love the second picture and the setting.
Thanks Linda!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gotcha. Sorry to threadjack your thread!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2009 3:55:17 PM
Author: tyty333
Those stones and LOGR settings are just lovely! I really like the jazz like setting!
Thanks TT!! It''s fun to play with different stones in the settings. I can''t wait to get my Malayas set though. I''m tired of looking at them in the box.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2009 4:00:52 PM
Gotcha. Sorry to threadjack your thread!
NP, I don''t care if people hijack my threads. If it can turn into something that can enlighten people about colored gems and jewelry, I don''t mind.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
The thinner shank bugs me. I guess they''re trying to save money. I love the mochi setting in rose gold. I think thats my favorite LOGR setting. So are you not sure about the super nova going into the other setting?

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Those are cool settings and the pics - I really like that first combo of stone and setting
1.gif

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh!!! Do you have any dark purple stones to put in there? And maybe a lighter blue? :)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2009 4:11:42 PM
Author: innerkitten
The thinner shank bugs me. I guess they''re trying to save money. I love the mochi setting in rose gold. I think thats my favorite LOGR setting. So are you not sure about the super nova going into the other setting?
It''s going in there. I really like the combo, it''s just that my camera stinks, and I could have used better lighting. However, people shouldn''t be afraid to give their honest opinions regardless. I don''t care for malayas in white or yellow, so rose gold it is.

I think they''re trying to cut corners with thinner shanks as well, kind of like jewe2004 and lan.bo4 do. That bothers me, but oh well.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2009 4:16:10 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
Those are cool settings and the pics - I really like that first combo of stone and setting
1.gif
Thanks, me too!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2009 4:29:12 PM
Author: karee888
Ooh!!! Do you have any dark purple stones to put in there? And maybe a lighter blue? :)
I put a blue aqua in there, but
14.gif
. It was ugly. Here''s a lilac spinel (I know I know - me with a spinel????). I don''t have any dark purple stones that would fit in there, but I know for a fact that amethyst looks great in rose gold.

TLLOGRlilac.JPG

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
I want to get this setting in rose gold for the amethyst that Gary is cutting me. I think it will look good.

So blue is a no-go with rose gold? What about a medium blue? I was thinking of setting my new Dan spinel in a bezel of rose gold with a white gold shank from Maddy at Etsy. Maybe I should rethink that.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2009 5:11:11 PM
Author: karee888
I want to get this setting in rose gold for the amethyst that Gary is cutting me. I think it will look good.

So blue is a no-go with rose gold? What about a medium blue? I was thinking of setting my new Dan spinel in a bezel of rose gold with a white gold shank from Maddy at Etsy. Maybe I should rethink that.
Well the above two tourmalines are akin to a medium blue (although they do have green in them), and I think they would look nice. For some reason, my aqua looked horrible, but it has strong grey undertones in it, and I actually like that stone much better in white gold.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, TL, good to know! Maybe I''ll send it to Maddy and ask her which looks better in her opinion. She will know what hue her rose gold is. I told her I wanted it to be as pink as possible and she said she could work on it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results