shape
carat
color
clarity

My M is here!! AVC DIscoball in Tacori Halo ( Pic Heavy)

novicediamond

Shiny_Rock
My E Ring arrived!! I want to share with all the PSers who were kind enough to give me helpful advice, Im so so grateful to you all, you really kept me on the right path with excellent advice..so stats first, then photo's , sorry I got totally carried away trying out the 'How to take good foto's' thread and messing around with the macro function...this website and bling is really addictive...

GOG AVC 0.97 VS2 M AGS Triple Ideal, 5.99 X 5.85

So I set out falling in love with the AVC's but being on quite a tight budget all we could afford is a warm colour, no bigger than carat, so I got an M VS2 AGS Triple Ideal AVC from GOG (Who are absolutely fantastic)..I melted my head for literally months as to how to set it, white metal, yellow metal, to halo or not..someone advised me to halo it under a carat and Im so glad I did as Im afraid Im finding one carat quite small!

I was scared of the 'halo; so went for the Tacori bloom as a compromise. then the wait began and I really began to worry on the M colour, would I just have a yellow stone? I must have read every single PS post on M stones and watched every single video I could find, most of them assured me and I began to really love those warm colours..

So after a prong re-work to make them shorter, I waited another 2 weeks ( 6 in total) and finally she is here!! First impressions, I really am blown away by the stone but Im afraid Im rather under-whelmed with the Tacori 2620 setting, I took the risk of buying without seeing IRL, as I live in Ireland and had no plans to go to London, well wish I had as to Be honest Im just finding the halo far too small and delicate..

I wiill live with it for few days but really think Im going to keep the stone and sell the setting if I can...but as for the colour Im really loving my M - It really is a chamelon just as everyone here has posted before, soo true, this baby totally sucks up surrounding colour - Im wearing pink and purple pajama's and stone is reflecting that in these photo's..Got a shock when I first opened the parcel as my lounge walls are yellow and the stone really did look completly champagne, to be honest I was kinda shocked, then I remembered what PSers has said about yellow walls so I dashed outside to look at her and was soo relieved to see she was totally white! Its very interesting this constant colour change, I really do love it...

So all in all Im really happy just already have Halo Shrinkage Syndrom and I want to reset this baby in a bigger halo - how much bigger will half pointers be or would one pointers overwhelm a one carat stone?

Anyway onto photos... first in the blue box...

img_2750.jpg

img_2742.jpg

img_2764.jpg

novicediamond

Shiny_Rock
Hand Shots, sorry I got totally carried away with my camera..

img_2709.jpg

img_2808.jpg

img_2796.jpg

img_2665.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, that is SO pretty!! Your M does not look yellow at all. I'm sorry you're not loving the Tacori though. Can you still exchange it for a different halo maybe?

novicediamond

Shiny_Rock
Some more hand shots..please excuse my awful wrinkly hands!

img_2813.jpg

img_2826.jpg

img_2714.jpg

img_2687.jpg

novicediamond

Shiny_Rock
Some more shots..

img_2737.jpg

img_2694.jpg

img_2732.jpg

novicediamond

Shiny_Rock
from the side view..

img_2682.jpg

img_2814.jpg

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoa! I love the color of your stone and the setting. You did an amazing job picking them both. Congrats!

novicediamond

Shiny_Rock
Are ya bored of me yet?! ;-) Thanks for looking, last ones...

img_2799.jpg

img_28.jpg

img_2778.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
You put together a gorgeous ring - all on the internet, all sight unseen??? wow - you have a great eye for this!! IT looks beautiful - what a perfect combination! Congratulations and enjoy (and I think the halo looks wonderful AS IS - but you have to love it, that's what counts!)

novicediamond

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for your kind words :) perhaps I will live with it for a while and see what happens, anyway its going away now back in the box and away to boyfriends house, I now have to wait for the proposal, boyfriend was very kind enough to let me pick the ring in advance, now I have to wait some more for the proposal to be able to wear it .. I dont mind the lack of surprise, I was soo delighted to be part of the picking process, was so much fun, in fact its totally addictive...

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooooh that's hard waiting!! You DID do a great job putting this together! I love the M diamond- so elegant, warm, buttery! and the setting - I wouldn't be hung up on the melee - IMO (which counts for ZIP in the scheme of things...) - since too large could overwhelm your centre stone and this size provides a subtle 'ooomph' but not a "POW" - know what I mean???

Lovely! Hope he proposes soon... :appl:

novicediamond

Shiny_Rock
Aww thanks Enerchi for your words, I guess you are right, I am happy with it and I can upgrade like much further down the road, I think I will just enjoy it for now and at least wait until after the proposal to worry about it! thanks again :)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I think the combination of that stone with that exact setting is sheer perfection and you would be crazy to change it! :tongue: I think the proportion of the bloom and the stone is just right. I mean, it is giving you about 2mm extra coverage, which is like a 2ct stone, without taking away *at all* from the diamond! I also think the antique styling really works so well with the warmth and cut of your stone. Please please pretty please wear it as it is for a while before you do anything! I know how it is when you expect one thing and get another, but sometimes what you get is just right after all!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
That setting is a perfect accent with the halo instead of overwhelming or pretending to be bigger. Honestly, I love it, hope you keep it! Looks great with the amazing stone!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I think your gorgeous stone looks fantastic in that setting! :love: I would definitely wear it a bit first before you make your decision.

novicediamond

Shiny_Rock
Thanks ladies for the advice and kind words.. Im a very impulsive person so I think in this case it would probably be wise to take your advice, Im am gonna do that...theres no rush, Im not even engaged yet and Im planning the upgrade!, I think this site has corrupted me ;-) thanks again :)

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Oh I love it! The AVC is spectacular!! What amazing colors!

I actually think the setting is perfect. With the plain shank and super delicate halo it looks like a two carat solitaire instead of a haloed one carat diamond. I would definitely be thrilled to have that combo - in fact I'm bookmarking this thread for future reference of the perfect halo proportions. I'd pair it with an eternity band around 2 carats total weight (future anniversary gift maybe?) for a little extra sizzle.

Of course what I would do is totally moot! You have to adore it so I hope you'll make whatever changes needed to make your heart race when you look at it.

Either way I hope you don't have to wait too long! That beautiful diamond needs to be worn! Congrats!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Lovely!!

cheers--Shaorn

hoover

Shiny_Rock
I love your ring as is :love:
The delicate halo really does complement the AVC - it's a really gorgeous combo! I think you made a fantastic choice - excellent Internet shopping skills :appl:

But if you don't love it, then do what makes you happy because you're the one wearing it.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
I think it's beautiful and the delicate halo is perfect, IMO. But, if you're not happy with it then by all means change it.

charleston1

Shiny_Rock
Ditto to all of the above, I ithink the ring is just perfect the way it is - please please don't change it right away. The profile of the ring is absolutely stunning :love: That is a beautiful ring! Congratulations :appl:

Kalrik

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous. I really like your stone too! :love:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
It is absolutely perfect! The M color is beautiful and the way it picks up colors is amazing.

The setting and diamond look like they were made for each other!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
please do nothing rash! :errrr:

i do NOT like halos. :snore:

i DO like warm diamonds. :D

I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR RING AND HOW IT LOOKS ON YOUR HAND AND HOW ITS PERSONALITY HAS MANY DIMENSIONS INSTEAD OF JUST WHITE. :love:

the ring looks lovely on you. :love:

i think it would be a huge error to change it in any way. :((

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks beautiful and honestly wouldn't change it. I find the proportions to be perfect.
A larger halo might be overkill with your gorgeous cut AVC. Very pretty ring :love: :love: :love:

novicediamond

Shiny_Rock
Thanks ladies for all of your kind comments/suggestions. I just realised my post sounds really ungrateful! Im really not; I really do love the ring, just I imagined the halo to be a bit bigger, but I guess it is the perfect size for the stone. Im definitely not going to do anything rash and will just enjoy her for now, thanks again!

GirlyGirl

Shiny_Rock
Now that is just gorgeous!

CaratLover2

Shiny_Rock
Wowwweee .... it's soooo beautiful! It's nerve wrecking buying rings on-line, sight unseen - but you've done a great job. It's so delicate and well proportioned. I know you feel a tad concerned regarding size, but by the time you get it together with a wedding band, I think you'll be happy. I'd just let things be and live with it for a while. It's stunning!

musayms40

Rough_Rock
Really awesome. I like it :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results