shape
carat
color
clarity

My LOGR Wannabe

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, I hope I won''t be voted off Pricescope but here is my LOGR wannabe. Last weekend I tried on the big, designer rings and loved them but I just didn''t like them on me. While I love looking at jewelry of all shapes, sizes and colors I don''t like the larger jewelry on me. Even my husband who always encourages me to get something different didn''t like them on me. Earlier this week when I was at our mall wandering around I found this ring that is more in line with my size preference. It wasn''t very expensive either - with their sale price it was well under $100. I loved the colors in this one too.

The center is a 5mm cuchion cut peridot, the halo is smokey quartz and the band has pave diamond accents.

wannabe2.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here it is on my hand.

wannabe.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Its very sparkly. I really love it!
30.gif
30.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Very nice.

You know, I was at a fancy jewelry stone a couple of nights ago checking out the big, colored stone designer rings, and they just didn''t grab me either. In fact, my rather modest Precision Gem umbalite garnet set them all to shame in the color and sparkle department.
10.gif

You like what you like. And, if what you happen to like is affordable, that''s truly a happy situation.
9.gif

Enjoy your new pretty!!
36.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Pretty Marcyc! Lively peridot. Proportions are perfect on your hand too!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
I've had peridot on the brain lately. Such a fresh-grassy green. I also like the cushion shaped halo on your ring. I've had cushion shaped halos on the brain too.
9.gif
It's really perfect on your hand.
1.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Marcy - I think its lovely, I like the smoky halo especially, and I think its a lovely size
9.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Coati, I’ve had green stones and halos on the brain too.Great minds think alike, huh?This ring is my first halo and my first peridot.I was just picking out a sweater and vest the ring will go with to wear tomorrow.

Thanks AmberGretchen, I was looking at chocolate diamonds this weekend and thought the smokey quartz were a nice substitute for them.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really like it Marcy. It looks really pretty on your hand too.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Linda. It was just a whim purchase but it caught my fancy when I saw it.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay, for your first halo and first peridot! It''s very pretty and looks great on your hand.
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Michelle, PS just gives me more and more ideas of what I want to add to my collection.
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
What''s not to love? I think it''s very pretty Marcy, and looks lovely on your hand!!! Good for YOU!!!
9.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Lisa. It''s small compared to many of the beauties I see here but just the right size for me.
1.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Another one of yours that is really gorgeous! I love the size of the peridot!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2008 10:49:15 PM
Author: Fly Girl
Very nice.

You know, I was at a fancy jewelry stone a couple of nights ago checking out the big, colored stone designer rings, and they just didn''t grab me either. In fact, my rather modest Precision Gem umbalite garnet set them all to shame in the color and sparkle department.
10.gif

You like what you like. And, if what you happen to like is affordable, that''s truly a happy situation.
9.gif

Enjoy your new pretty!!
36.gif
So true.
4.gif

I think it is LOVELY! I too am a fan of the more delicate jewelry, and I think it looks lovely on your hand!
36.gif

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Marcy I love it! I am partial to smaller jewelry too. The color is beautiful!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Very cute!!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s gorgeous...and I don''t think I have ever seen a peridot sparkle so much! Great price and it looks perfect on you! I would say it beats many LOGR settings hands down!!! (no pun intended!)

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that peridot is a sparkler!!!! Love the smokey halo!

And that price CAN''T be beat! I saw something like this at Bailey Banks & Biddle, but it was so much more expensive!

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/11/2008 11:48:48 PM
Author: marcyc

Coati, I¡¯ve had green stones and halos on the brain too.Great minds think alike, huh?This ring is my first halo and my first peridot.I was just picking out a sweater and vest the ring will go with to wear tomorrow.

Teehee! Aren''t you ever the true PSer, picking out clothes to go with your new jewelry
3.gif

Love the colors on your ring, marcyc! Super pretty!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
I love it - the colors are so pretty and it looks very, very sparkly! I''m with you on not really likeing the large stones on me. I just can''t carry them off without looking like I''m playing dress up. I think it''s because I just don''t have very large/elegant hands and my lifestyle is definitely on the casual side, so they just aren''t me.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Swedish Bean, Kelli, Gecko, Miscka, Joflier, Cushioncutnut, Lauren, Onvacation, Tourmaline Lover and Laurel.

LOL Onvacation about a true PS’r matching their clothes to their jewelry. I do that quite frequently.
9.gif

Laurel
, I am like you that my hands are small and just are not cut out for large jewelry and I dress casual as well.

Lauren
, I was thinking of your rainbow of rings this weekend when I was out looking at rings.I saw one I was really tempted to buy it was rhodolite with chocolate diamonds in rose gold but neither my husband or I liked the ring on me.It was very pretty though.

Cushioncutnut
, I was delighted to find a halo ring that I like, with colors I liked and for such an inexpensive price.I didn’t even feel bad buying myself something instead of a Christmas gift.

Miscka
, I am glad to hear you like smaller jewelry too.I love looking at everyone’s jewelry but mine is just the right size for me.

Gecko
, I showed it to my husband tonight and he commented it was the right size for my hand too.

Kelli
, didn’t I just tell you a few weeks ago I was done buying jewelry this year?I guess I lied.
11.gif
I might get a ring for Christmas but only Santa knows for sure.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
YAY Marcy.....AWESOME find....LOVE your new peridot ring....it looks FAB on your finger!!!

Lori

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Lori. I was excited to find something I liked at such a low price.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Tacori.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results