carat
color
clarity

My LM Antique Cushion ER

AMRN0516

Rough_Rock
D96BEB65-7DAF-4D6A-AECA-E1D170803706.jpeg
Back for another look! :love:

Any pictures are good, in ALL different lighting, so that we can see the colours in that beauty!

And also I think a super skinny but heavy knife edge plain plat band would be perfect, to match the band on this one. You can always add diamond eternity rings down the line, but for everyday wear it would be classic & practical.

How about this one? Car lighting is the best :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
D96BEB65-7DAF-4D6A-AECA-E1D170803706.jpeg

How about this one? Car lighting is the best :)

A freaking gorgeous kaleidoscope of dreamy colors.:kiss2: Be careful driving with that ring because I am sure it is difficult concentrating on the road with that beauty blinding you.:love:

AMRN0516

Rough_Rock
What do you guys think about CvB rivière band with the elongated French cuts? I don’t want anything that will distract from the beauty of this stone but I think the facets of those frenchies will mesh nicely with the cushion. I am little leary of adding a band with millegrain given the clean lines of this design. I’m sure she could custom make one without. BUT I also like the idea of adding the millegrain on the band to add a more antiquey look. I love things that look old.
I finally got a look at the GIA on this beauty.
1.78ct
H/VS2
7.3x7.1x4.6
Table: 57%
Depth 64.7%
No flour

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Classic!:appl:

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What do you guys think about CvB rivière band with the elongated French cuts? I don’t want anything that will distract from the beauty of this stone but I think the facets of those frenchies will mesh nicely with the cushion. I am little leary of adding a band with millegrain given the clean lines of this design. I’m sure she could custom make one without. BUT I also like the idea of adding the millegrain on the band to add a more antiquey look. I love things that look old.
I finally got a look at the GIA on this beauty.
1.78ct
H/VS2
7.3x7.1x4.6
Table: 57%
Depth 64.7%
No flour
I think a rivere band would be lovely, complimenting your ring without overwhelming it. I dont think milgrain would clash.

AMRN0516

Rough_Rock
I can’t stop trying to photograph it to represent all the glory of this stone. I find it performs really well in low indoor lighting, like bars and restaurants. And occasionally bright mixed indoor light, like when i’m In triage lol. A patient actually stopped mid-story during her triage to admire and compliment my ring. She apologized and I reassured her it was completely fine :razz: 2FF4B4A0-C0FE-47D3-B08A-B7B9434F1FC0.jpeg

Reactions: AV_

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
I can’t stop trying to photograph it to represent all the glory of this stone. I find it performs really well in low indoor lighting, like bars and restaurants. And occasionally bright mixed indoor light, like when i’m In triage lol. A patient actually stopped mid-story during her triage to admire and compliment my ring. She apologized and I reassured her it was completely fine :razz: 2FF4B4A0-C0FE-47D3-B08A-B7B9434F1FC0.jpeg
BEAUTIFUL ring! The diamond is stunning. It reminds me of an AVC :love::love::love:

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring. Congratulations. :appl: I would just caution if you were to end up doing direct patient care, I would probably leave the ring at home. Then on your off shifts when you're reunited, it will be mad love all over again. LOL I didn't wear my rings for my 4 shifts on but on my 5 shifts off, I wore them daily even if I was around the house I missed them so much. :kiss2:

AMRN0516

Rough_Rock
Give me the quick report on why you don’t wear your rings. I had this one designed specifically to be very low profile and so far hasn’t caught on any gloves. Obviously, lots of hand washing and alcohol foam. Have I already damaged it irreparably? I just cleaned it with my ultrasonic toothbrush. And it shined up amazingly! Everyone I work with wears their wedding jewelry to work. Are we all just idiots? I have one coworker who has a really nice tacori halo ring in a stack - I’m so envious of it when I see it although I decided very early on that custom work was a priority for me. I’m banking extra shifts for AVC moissy possibly in a bigger size. I just found the appraisal tonight and I am absolutely floored with how much was spent on a 1.78ct LM 2.17ctw ring. Perhaps I’m naive. The stone is impeccably cut. He listened and Leon steered him into a really stunning ring. Knowing how much it cost (easily $4k more than I thought), does make it seem like wearing it to work is a poor choice. However, if I can still wear it without damaging it I would like to. Give me your thoughts @ccuheartnurse!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to work in a dental surgery, and we weren’t allowed to wear any rings, other than a plain wedding band. I assume it was a hygiene thing, germs, debris etc., getting caught under the stone, in the claws, potential for ripping the gloves. I wouldn’t have worn rings anyway with all the constant glove changes.

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow. This is stunning.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations...its really beautiful!

AMRN0516

Rough_Rock
I used to work in a dental surgery, and we weren’t allowed to wear any rings, other than a plain wedding band. I assume it was a hygiene thing, germs, debris etc., getting caught under the stone, in the claws, potential for ripping the gloves. I wouldn’t have worn rings anyway with all the constant glove changes.

Yes - if I worked as a scrub nurse I wouldn’t wear any rings at all. My previous ERing had a significant amount of negative space under the setting and water would collect resulting in a rash. As I mentioned in another thread - metaphor for the marriage! Haha. However, because I don’t scrub, I operate in a clean environment rather than a sterile one, wearing this ring hasn’t impacted my ability to wear gloves or don the sterile ones for occasional sterile procedures (foley caths, port access, chest tubes etc..). I do have a little starfish ring with pointy corners that does sometimes get in the way. I may stop wearing this ring as it was previously the only piece of jewelry my love had bought for me now that I have this beauty :)

My main concern is for the jewelry itself and whether the products we use at work to disinfect between patients are harmful to the platinum and diamonds.

nyquestioner

Shiny_Rock
I also work in healthcare and specifically wanted a low set ring to wear to work for the same reason (and I also ended up with a Leon Mege ring). I've had it for 6 years and haven't had any issues with the disinfectants harming anything. Purell can cause a little bit of build up over time but it easily comes off with a quick toothbrush cleaning. Honestly, I haven't done the toothbrush thing in months though and use purell many times a day and my ring still looks pretty good.

Congratulations on a beautiful ring.

AMRN0516

Rough_Rock
I also work in healthcare and specifically wanted a low set ring to wear to work for the same reason (and I also ended up with a Leon Mege ring). I've had it for 6 years and haven't had any issues with the disinfectants harming anything. Purell can cause a little bit of build up over time but it easily comes off with a quick toothbrush cleaning. Honestly, I haven't done the toothbrush thing in months though and use purell many times a day and my ring still looks pretty good.

Congratulations on a beautiful ring.

Thank you! I’d love to see pictures of your ring!!

nyquestioner

Shiny_Rock
tFJ1ucg%RiGGI1kCqEoFVw.jpg I'm not a great ring picture taker either :) The other thing I thought of was that we actually asked LM what he recommended to go with the ring as far as a wedding band. He recommended a plain band, but if we wanted a diamond band suggested a couple specific styles he would make for us. We ended up going with the plain band (got it very inexpensively from e-weddingbands). I do think that bands with lots of little diamonds can get gunked up with purell pretty easily.
As for the e-ring, I would definitely wear it to work! The whole point of a ring is to enjoy it and you have had a beautiful ring custom made that is a good style for work wear because it is so low set and smooth. So take advantage of that. I have a couple other larger rings that I don't wear to work, but I'm really glad I had my actual e-ring made to be work-compatible. I love wearing it every day.

AMRN0516

Rough_Rock
tFJ1ucg%RiGGI1kCqEoFVw.jpg I'm not a great ring picture taker either :) The other thing I thought of was that we actually asked LM what he recommended to go with the ring as far as a wedding band. He recommended a plain band, but if we wanted a diamond band suggested a couple specific styles he would make for us. We ended up going with the plain band (got it very inexpensively from e-weddingbands). I do think that bands with lots of little diamonds can get gunked up with purell pretty easily.
As for the e-ring, I would definitely wear it to work! The whole point of a ring is to enjoy it and you have had a beautiful ring custom made that is a good style for work wear because it is so low set and smooth. So take advantage of that. I have a couple other larger rings that I don't wear to work, but I'm really glad I had my actual e-ring made to be work-compatible. I love wearing it every day.

It’s gorgeous! I took a look at your posts and your process so I can say with confidence - what a wonderful creation Leon made you!

Thank you for your experienced endorsement of daily wear. Along with beauty, quality, workmanship - wearability was absolutely my highest concern. I may not wear it bike riding, but if I do, I want it to be safe and secure.

I am leaning towards a Leon band made to mesh with this setting. And hoping that someday I’lol have more shiny sparkly stuff to add!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results