shape
carat
color
clarity

My "little rings" project has begun

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As much as I love large size rings with high carat weight, I also decided I like a lot of variety and diamond shapes. I started my "little rings" project so I can wear a lot of little bling on many fingers while also having the option of later on giving these rings away to those I love: daughters and Dils/nieces/granddaughters etc.

My first project has begun. As an aside, my new .56 HPD diamond is not officially in this project, as that is step one in a different project lol.

Ring #1: bezel heart

The first diamond I ever saw for sale was a heart shaped diamond I saw at a wholesaler when I was with my aunt. I was about 19 and loved it and have wanted one ever since.

I bought a .50 G SI2 heart from B2C the other day that I found through the PS search engine. This diamond was $708.00 and according to the gemologist, is eye clean and beautiful. This is the one with the "etch channel" as the grade setting inclusion and it's ratio is .86, making it a cute chubby heart.

Here is a screen shot of the diamond:

IMG_3601.PNG

And here is the CAD:
IMG_3611.jpg

This is going to be a size 5 pinky ring for me. The setting will be 14k white gold and cost $525.00, making the total cost of this little ring: $1233.00

It will be ready in 3-4 weeks.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to have a bezeled .51ct heart also! Love that style and size.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The diamond itself has symbolic meaning for me with the etch channel, and this is why I jumped when I found it.

An etch channel is likely natural and seems to be a sort of "blow out' from the pressure (at the tiniest of measures) when the diamond was created. In my life, marriage, every day, etc, I have certianly learned that I have to breathe and release pressure and deal with stuff-- healthy and unhealthy, expectations and reality, action and inaction, etc.

So this ring and this diamond will remind me to breathe and take time for myself during the day.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How fun and exciting. I can't wait to see it finished. I have a 1/2 carat heart RHR ring and enjoy wearing it.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How fun and exciting. I can't wait to see it finished. I have a 1/2 carat heart RHR ring and enjoy wearing it.

I'll show your mine if you show me yours :lol-2::mrgreen2: (I do want to see it!)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE heart rings!

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ooo I like this thread!! Can't wait to see what other 'little' projects you have coming through. I was looking at smaller heart shaped diamonds the other day myself for something similar!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here you go Whitewave. It's not certified so I don't have any specs other than near colorless but once I got a UV light I found it was florescent too. It's been in 3 settings. YG solitaire (awful picture), WG solitaire with ring guard then current setting is a semi mount with sapphires.
Sorry these pictures are so big.

hrtring.jpg heartdiaring.JPG hrtdiamlitebox.gif hrtRHR.jpg Screen Shot 2017-09-24 at 5.52.49 PM.png

Last edited:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooo I like this thread!! Can't wait to see what other 'little' projects you have coming through. I was looking at smaller heart shaped diamonds the other day myself for something similar!

It is so on trend right now with many small rings and also with a sort of minimalist vibe... (minimalist decadence I guess lol)

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here you go Whitewave. It's not certified so I don't have any specs other than near colorless but once I got a UV light I found it was florescent too. It's been in 3 settings. YG solitaire (awful picture), WG solitaire with ring guard then current setting is a semi mount with sapphires.
Sorry these pictures are so big.

hrtring.jpg heartdiaring.JPG hrtdiamlitebox.gif hrtRHR.jpg Screen Shot 2017-09-24 at 5.52.49 PM.png

Oh, I love it! I just love heart diamonds. It is such a fun and symbolic shape!

:love:

I'm loving the fluro too...

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh wow I love this idea. I need to do this, I love hearts and bought one, but I ended up trading for a round brilliant but I really want a small heart in a bezel. I love this idea, this is wonderful!!!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love heart shaped diamonds! I can't wait to see the finished project!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Whitewave. I love your inspiration ring. I think hearts look fabulous in bezel settings. I can’t wait to see it.

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Adore it! I've always wanted a bezeled heart! Can't wait to see your finished project! I'm inspired!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have been wanting to do tiny diamond stacking rings. I think that's what I want to do with my .37ct AVC that I got with my PS holiday raffle win.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been wanting to do tiny diamond stacking rings. I think that's what I want to do with my .37ct AVC that I got with my PS holiday raffle win.

Yes, this is part of my tiny rings project also!!

The bezel heart will not be part of a stack...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the little heart, and what a great price! Of course, the CBI diamond is amazing, too!:love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the little rings idea! The heart will be beautiful as well as the CBI. We will need hand shots you know!!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love love love heart rings. Yours looks perfect! I can't wait to see it completed.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this idea. I am so tempted to use it with my .35ct round. Oh, how she would like to have some sisters in different shapes!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your CBI ring is gorgeous.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What a fabulous project!! Love that inspiration ring!!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this idea. I am so tempted to use it with my .35ct round. Oh, how she would like to have some sisters in different shapes!

Exactly, why not!!!??? I want all shapes. I'd ideally love to have all shapes in 1.5 carats or more (and all in CVB and VC settings lol), but since that isn't going to happen, why deprive myself?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've had a few miscommunications with B2C so far, which is leaving me a little worried. I had originally said to ship me the diamond first because once the ring is made, there are no returns. But then the gemologist said it was a good diamonds and I would like it, so I elected to sent it straight to the bench.

Well, lol, the diamond arrived yesterday. I do love it!! It's small but really cute.

Then B2C sent me a return email. This has me a little worried because it is not a true return. They have already started to work on the ring.

Anyway, here are a few photos of the diamond.
My iPhone camera has been having trouble with the smaller ones lately:

IMG_2144.JPG IMG_2143.JPG IMG_2141.JPG IMG_2139.PNG IMG_2134.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results