shape
carat
color
clarity

My Leon Mege Paraiba Halo Ring was stolen - Reward Offered

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
After all this time even if someone did see it you would have zero chance now of getting it back or probably proving if someone else (your ex) paid for it that it was actually yours.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
After all this time even if someone did see it you would have zero chance now of getting it back or probably proving if someone else (your ex) paid for it that it was actually yours.
I agree unfortunately... Your ex might have given it to a new girlfriend for example. Better to close this painful chapter and treat yourself with a beautiful piece of jewelry.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Did the insurance company settle with you? If so, what did you get as a replacement?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know it was stated earlier in this thread but you really need to post stats of the central stone - it's highly likely it's been dismantled and it's much easier to sell a stone rather than a recognisable piece. So, stats on the centre cab and more front on photos to identify the inclusions really would help.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
feeling sad for you.
Yes, that’s the problem with “gifts” from boyfriends. Technically speaking if he paid for it and has the receipt he can simply say it is his. Still, it’s a low act to “remove” a gift without the knowledge and agreement of the recipient. I would suspect the ring is long gone, probably dismantled / reset. Did the police record it as a stolen item or was it considered a “private matter” between you and your ex?Even If someone did “own it now” unless it was recorded by police as a stolen item, the person who has it is under no obligation at all to return it to you.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes... as much as it sucks, if someone legitimately bought it without knowing it was stolen, in order for you to get it back, you would have to buy it from them if they were willing to sell it. And if your boyfriend gave it to someone else, I suspect the same applies. I don't know the details of the relationship of course but it's a cliched thing to destroy a ring or throw it into a river or ocean or something, and that certainly could have happened as well.

I suspect if the insurance company did pay out, it would still be hard to get a like kind replacement since the original was an award-winning ring and so you can't just replace that sort of value.

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
You can still sue the purchaser of the stolen goods to get it back. Then they could sue the one who sold it to them. It’s just a big mess to deal with.

However, this only applies if they could prove that the ring was their property. That is very difficult in this situation.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results