shape
carat
color
clarity

My Leon Mege 3+carat cushion halo!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

starburst

Shiny_Rock
Trade
This is one of the most beautiful engagement rings I''ve ever seen! Definitely worth the wait. Congratulations!!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
STUNNING!!!

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 10:34:55 PM
Author: diamondband
kikidoe - According to the work order (I haven't actually measured the ring), the width of the shank/band is 1.7-1.8mm with 1.4-1.5mm stones. Leon said that he would minimize the metal as much as physically possible. He's actually a pretty witty guy, when I said that I wanted as little metal showing as possible, he said that every day he was fighting a war with metal and that he would fight on my behalf
2.gif
That is most definitely what I wanted to see in your ring photos, Leon wins the war with the metal about as well as I've seen any ring designer on pricescope. The thing I like most about the way Leon has crafted your ring and what sets it apart him from others is that the centre diamond is almost touching the melee stones there is almost no gap created by the prongs because of how skillfully he has crafted the prongs around the corners of the rounds instead of on the edges. In addition the cutdowns in between melee stones and the size and shape of his mushroom pave really minnimize the metal seen on the outside edge of the halo.

Certainly a masterpiece
36.gif
thank-you for the closeup shots.

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 10:27:39 PM
Author: diamondband
pixley - Thank you so much for the lovely comments! I have been admiring Boston_Jeff's cushion for a long time now and am so thrilled that you like my ring!

CCL - Here are some stats on the center stone - 3.15 F SI1, 8.78x8.37, Polish - Very Good, Symmetry - Very Good, Fluorescence - None, Table - 57%, Depth - 68.2%

Carey - I'd take your 6 3/4 finger anyday! Oh well, I didn't even know my finger size was on the biggish side until I found PS, what an unpleasant surprise it was to read all about other people's tiny fingers! The odd thing is, I'm on the smaller side everywhere else...size 4 in clothes?! Just got lucky with the fingers I guess
2.gif
Thanks for the stats it readily appears that Leon's service can also find stones with a strikingly similar look to those sourced by ERD, did you have a chance to compare his prices to any other vendors on same or similar goods?
I think noone and I mean noone is going to be focussing on your fingers when you are wearing that ring
31.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Be still my heart. What an exquisite ring.

You lucky, lucky girl.

LAradiant

Rough_Rock
Trade
Your ring is gorgeous, it looks like a ton of diamonds are just floating on your finger! I don''t know how Leon does it, but he disguises metal in the best way!!!

diamondband

Rough_Rock
CCL - I did work with ERD as well GOG during my cushion search and definitely did some price comparisons (I am very price sensitive). Leon''s prices are very competitive and were the best I found for my particular cushion. My understanding is that any of these vendors are able to source from the same cutters. In other words, ERD can and does source from the same cutter that Leon does. Leon has also implemented a lifetime upgrade policy on the stones he sources, which is always nice (not that I have any plans to upgrade!).

Smo

Shiny_Rock
Wow diamondband, that ring is gorgeous. Thanks so much for the extra pictures showing the details of the ring. Just stunning.

Quick question, do you think you could wear a wedding band with your ring?

diamondband

Rough_Rock
Smo - Thanks for the lovely comments! I think that I could wear a wedding band, but I''m not sure if I will yet. We are already married, so I''m thinking that I could either get a very thin plain band OR I could get a matching micropave band from Leon. The ring really looks so nice on its own, that I hate to clutter things up. Either way, I think I''ll just leave it as it is right now. I''ll probably think about a band later down the road if I start getting bored of looking at the same thing (hopefully this will never happen!)!

I did request to have no diamonds in the donut part of the setting, so that another band sitting next to it would not get too scratched up.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
You''re ring is unbelievably beautiful! I love it.

Thank you so much for those super close-up photos, I love seeing the intricate details.

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous! I love the center stone and the setting.
Enjoy
1.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love how the open culet reflects throughout the stone in the LM picture you posted! What a gorgeous cut and always beautifully made by LM!!!

delow484

Rough_Rock
Trade
I love this ring! It''s incredible!!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whoa, how on earth did I miss this the first time around?

Diamondband, your ring is exquisite! Unbelievable craftsmanship and that cushion is a winner! Wear it in good health!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Its gorgeous. And set so low!!

CarrotNut

Rough_Rock
your ring is beautiful!!

may i please ask if you worked with him locally or long distance? I live in chicago and was wondering about his service long distance. Thanks.

Mary

diamondband

Rough_Rock
CarrotNut - Thanks so much for the compliment! Absolutely NO problems working with Leon long distance! I did everything over the phone and email (all questions over the phone and work orders/invoices over email). His assistant Rachael, is really helpful on the phone as well. I actually used Brinks in Chicago to ship my diamond and my finished ring. I absolutely LOVE my ring and would highly recommend using Leon. Let me know if you have any more questions!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Seriously stunning.

I think you should wear it on its own for sure! half the fun of a large diamond is the opulent look of a single diamond floating and moving around on your finger as you move your hands.

jlx

Rough_Rock
wowwwwwww.
36.gif

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/6/2010 7:41:42 PM
Author: jlx
wowwwwwww.
36.gif

Okay, this was the word that was took right out of my mouth! LOL! That''s all I could say every picture I looked at. This ring is a work of art!
4.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results