shape
carat
color
clarity

My Leon Mege 3+carat cushion halo!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for answering my questions. I love your cushion. You have a gorgeous piece! In fact, I think your piece settles it for me. I''m going for an antique cushion!

I''d love to hear more about your Leon cushion searching experience. I''m seriously considering using his "concierge service" after seeing this. Did you work directly with Leon? I''ll start a post in Rockytalk. I''d love to hear your thoughts if you have time to answer them. I''m sure other people are interested in your experience too.

Mobinvera

Rough_Rock
Beautiful- congratulations!

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
How exquisite! If you hadn''t told us it was from Leon, I''d have guessed that you''d walked out of Harry Winston with that beauty. It''s positively dreamy. I''m so excited to see these new antique style cushions that Leon''s cutter is creating. Congratulations and ENJOY that masterpiece!

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2010 3:29:15 PM
Author: diamondband
Okay, due to peer pressure, here is a hand shot. Please excuse the terrible picture, dry winter hands, and lack of a manicure! Finger size is a 7, but the ring is a 7 1/4 (in case my fingers get bigger with age!) and still fits perfectly. It even fits on my right hand which is more like a 7 1/2? Maybe due to the thin shank I can squeeze it on my right hand too.

tigian - Of course I don't mind you asking! The ring is a very belated engagement ring :).
Great hand shot, I have admired Leon's pave work for some time. Your stone is a nice looking modern reproduction of an antique 8 main.
If you wouldn't mind I'd love a closeup of the pave work from the top of the diamond we rarely get to see really magnified views of Leon's Adrianna 811 and the tight pave work he is known for!

Once again congratulation on a great ring, and thank-you for providing the first example of a customer with a good experience with diamonds sourced by Leon's concierge service along with photographs.
Also I think several posters including myself would like to see the stats on your cushion if you don't mind posting them from your certificate. I'm willing to bet based on that photograph the stone has a nice spread for ita carat weight and depth % in the low 60s.

Regards,
CCL

snlee

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous! I love it!

legra

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
It''s exquisite! Congratulations and enjoy.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
it''s gorgeous
wow!
you have to post more pictures!!

DolceJo

Rough_Rock
I just literally fell over in my chair over the pure amazment of how gorgeous that ring and ROCK IS!!!
30.gif
30.gif
This is totally making me fall for cushions all over again!! It's a stunning piece!! Congratulations on that amazing ring!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
It's spectacular!!
1.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
GASP

A-m-a-z--i-n-g rock. Congratulations.

elabay

Rough_Rock
WOW!! Absolutely stunning! Wear it in good health!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

kikidoe

Rough_Rock
Wow~~I''m drooling. What a gorgeous ring! This is exact THE ring I want. Could you post some closeup pictures so that we can see Leon''s work more clearly?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stunning. Seems like Leon knows how to pick a cushion too...so our PS options just got better!

softly softly

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!!! And I agree with Tgal, Leon picked a beautiful diamond.

Carey

Shiny_Rock
OMG. This is SO beautiful I can hardly breathe. Thank you for sharing - wear it in good health, and also thanks for the positive marks for Leon - who is my dream go-to guy!

Carey

Shiny_Rock
MY goodness - here I am despairing because I''m a 6 3/4, and thinking my hands are too big - when yours are BEAUTIFUL (of course, younger than mine!). The ring sits very nicely on your hand. It''s not ''too'' anything, it''s just perfect! I''m so happy for you. I''m waiting, waiting... for my ''engagement'' ring after 32 years (it''ll come... sooner than later, but mmmMMmmmm *toe tapping* mmmmm, I think if I got something like yours I wouldn''t regret the wait one little bit!)

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! I love the thin shank!

diamondband

Rough_Rock
Here''s another pic - more close ups to follow!

DSC017918291.jpg

diamondband

Rough_Rock
CCL - I found your posts extremely helpful during my Harry Winston replica search, so per your request, here are some pics I took through a loupe! Under normal viewing, you really cannot see any metal at all, Leon''s work is unbelievable.

NKPDSC01786.jpg

diamondband

Rough_Rock
Probably more than you asked for!

NKPDSC01788.jpg

diamondband

Rough_Rock
kikidoe - If you are interested in the Harry Winston cushion like your picture, I would HIGHLY recommend getting the setting Leon made for me. I absolutely fell in love with the HW cushion (but not with the price) and could not be happier with the ring Leon made! Let me know if you need any more pictures in particular!

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
Yay, more pictures! I don''t think I''ve been so entranced by a cushion since Boston_Jeff''s Leon ring. The high crown and kozibe effect on your stone are mezmerizing.
30.gif

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
WOW
6.gif
what a ring! its gorgeous
30.gif

kikidoe

Rough_Rock
diamondband - I'm definitely interested in seeing more details of your ring. It is so gorgeous! Could you also post detail pictures of the basket? Also, what's the width of the shank? I really like its delicate looking. Thank you sooo much!

lweber

Shiny_Rock
WOW! That is some ring! Congratulations, and I really love it. I agree with everyone else - please show the cert numbers. They are sure to be impressive too.

diamondband

Rough_Rock
pixley - Thank you so much for the lovely comments! I have been admiring Boston_Jeff''s cushion for a long time now and am so thrilled that you like my ring!

CCL - Here are some stats on the center stone - 3.15 F SI1, 8.78x8.37, Polish - Very Good, Symmetry - Very Good, Fluorescence - None, Table - 57%, Depth - 68.2%

Carey - I''d take your 6 3/4 finger anyday! Oh well, I didn''t even know my finger size was on the biggish side until I found PS, what an unpleasant surprise it was to read all about other people''s tiny fingers! The odd thing is, I''m on the smaller side everywhere else...size 4 in clothes?! Just got lucky with the fingers I guess
2.gif

diamondband

Rough_Rock
kikidoe - According to the work order (I haven''t actually measured the ring), the width of the shank/band is 1.7-1.8mm with 1.4-1.5mm stones. Leon said that he would minimize the metal as much as physically possible. He''s actually a pretty witty guy, when I said that I wanted as little metal showing as possible, he said that every day he was fighting a war with metal and that he would fight on my behalf
2.gif

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 7:21:11 PM
Author: diamondband
Probably more than you asked for!
Are you kidding? You can put another thousand pictures up and I still won't tire of your ring.

That's an incredible face-up size, by the way. Did you give Leon a requirement for spread?

kikidoe

Rough_Rock
diamondband - is the basket also covered by melee? Can I see the details of those as well? Thank you so much for sharing your experience and the pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results