shape
carat
color
clarity

My Leon band is ready!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CKinNYC

Shiny_Rock
Hi Pricescopers!

Very excited - my Leon wedding band is ready! I''m going to drop off the check at lunchtime, and see it.... but I won''t be able to take it home yet!
39.gif
I have to wait ''til DF''s check clears, as we weren''t able to get to the bank to get a registered check - totally fair enough! Anyhoo, that means that I probably won''t be able to post pics for 5-7 business days (!!), but here is a teaser shot of a very similar band from his site for now. This version is .73tcw - mine turned out to be 1.27tcw.

Also going to talk to Leon about potentially altering the head of my engagement ring - my stone is set very low, and so I''m slightly worried that the girdles of the stones in my wedding band will wear away at the delicate prongs of my engagement ring. I think it would probably be better to raise the head a bit, to avoid problems down the line.

I''ll let you know how I get on!

:) CK

leon marina band ck.jpg

CKinNYC

Shiny_Rock
... and here is a view of the side of my e-ring - see how the prongs are very slight/delicate? I would hate for one or two to be gradually sawed-through by my wedding band!!!

What do you think - should I seriously consider raising the head???

Thanks!
CK

CKinNYC

Shiny_Rock
Oops - that didn''t attach - second time lucky?!

claire ring side view.jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it will depend on how the wedding ring looks when it comes. I am dying to see them both together. Leon does such beautiful work!
30.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
congratulations CKinNYC! i love that leon band, and yours sounds even lovelier (cause it''s a little bigger! yay!)

will very much enjoy seeing shots of them both together,

:)

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! Can''t wait to see handshots.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
that''s just elegant!
18.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your band is beautiful! I personally wouldn''t alter a leon, because it is already stunning from the start! Leon will probably tell you to wear them on separate hands, because that is usually what he advises.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is so beautiful! Can''t wait to see them together!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Lovely band!!!!!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh that''s going to be sooooo pretty!

Can''t wait to see the whole package!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s going to be just gorgeous together! I love it!

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Fantastic band!

ladymentha

Shiny_Rock
pretty bands!

CKinNYC

Shiny_Rock
Thank you to everyone for all your nice comments!

So I went over to Leon''s today and saw the band! It is beautiful.... but not quite the exact match that I envisioned in my head. The individual rows look slightly wider than that of my engagement ring, when I wanted them to be exactly the same. The stones are exactly the same size (1.6mm across) BUT there is a good explanation - Leon, as kcoursolle correctly points out, doesn''t like pave bands worn side-by-side because of possible damage, so we agreed that he would put a HAIR''s breadth of extra platinum at the side of the band, to cushion it slightly so the girdles don''t saw through (!!!) my e-ring prongs. Literally .1/2 of a mm! Anyhoo, that sounds like NOTHING on paper, but to my eye looking at the finished product... well, it looks a little too heavy.

Anyhoo, I sat there with it on my hand, hummming and hawing, and we agreed that we''d leave it as is for now, and, once it''s on my hand after the wedding, if I still think it looks too wide/heavy, he''ll polish it down free of charge (though of course then I lose the protectionist aspect of that extra bit of platinum).

The other minor thing is that, looking down on it on my finger from above, it''s a shade narrower in terms of diameter than my ering - maybe my ering is a bit thicker or something. Anyhoo, even with my perfectionist streak, I don''t think it''s something that will bother me sufficiently to do anything drastic like ask for a remake (hahahha!!! I think Leon might kill me).

Sorry for the long reply! Pics will be here in about 5 days!!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH SWOON!
I love it...LOVE IT!
I cannot wait for your handshots.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely rings. Hopefully you''ll love it when it''s on even though there are some differences.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 5:59:49 PM
Author: CKinNYC

So I went over to Leon's today and saw the band! It is beautiful.... but not quite the exact match that I envisioned in my head. The individual rows look slightly wider than that of my engagement ring, when I wanted them to be exactly the same. The stones are exactly the same size (1.6mm across) BUT there is a good explanation - Leon, as kcoursolle correctly points out, doesn't like pave bands worn side-by-side because of possible damage, so we agreed that he would put a HAIR's breadth of extra platinum at the side of the band, to cushion it slightly so the girdles don't saw through (!!!) my e-ring prongs. Literally .1/2 of a mm! Anyhoo, that sounds like NOTHING on paper, but to my eye looking at the finished product... well, it looks a little too heavy.

Anyhoo, I sat there with it on my hand, hummming and hawing, and we agreed that we'd leave it as is for now, and, once it's on my hand after the wedding, if I still think it looks too wide/heavy, he'll polish it down free of charge (though of course then I lose the protectionist aspect of that extra bit of platinum).

The other minor thing is that, looking down on it on my finger from above, it's a shade narrower in terms of diameter than my ering - maybe my ering is a bit thicker or something. Anyhoo, even with my perfectionist streak, I don't think it's something that will bother me sufficiently to do anything drastic like ask for a remake (hahahha!!! I think Leon might kill me).

Sorry for the long reply! Pics will be here in about 5 days!!
On the one hand, I'm glad that leon is starting to make rings that people can wear together as people *will* inevitably wear their rings together. It's really too bad though that it is a heavier look than you are going for. Would you be opposed to wearing them on opposite hands? I do think because my wedding band is pretty big and I like the look, but I realize it's not for everyone. That's great that he will shave the down too. I suppose you can just test drive it for a while to see what you think. In any case the band is gorgeous and will be gorgeous either way!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Those will look AMAZING together - can''t wait to see pics of the finished set!!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Wow. All of your rings are just stunning!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love Leon''s bands. They are just beautiful! I can''t wait to see your pics when you get it!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is going to be one stunning set. *sigh*
30.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bet they are just beautiful! I would try hard to get use to them made the way they are so you dont have to worry
about them sawing through you ering. You do realize that most likely no one else will notice what you are talking about
until you point it out. I''m hoping once you wear them for a little while you will get use to them. Cant wait to see some
pics of everything together!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Can''t wait to see handshots!! I`m sure your set will look stunning. I can relate though about the ''perfectionist streak''. You`ll see how you go, at least you have the option of having them polished down if the width bothers you too much.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 5:59:49 PM
Author: CKinNYC

Anyhoo, I sat there with it on my hand, hummming and hawing, and we agreed that we''d leave it as is for now, and, once it''s on my hand after the wedding, if I still think it looks too wide/heavy, he''ll polish it down free of charge (though of course then I lose the protectionist aspect of that extra bit of platinum).
Leon is phenomenal! Truly..

Re: the thickness- it''s too bad that you''re a bit disappointed! I think it''s a good option to keep as-is for now. Maybe you''ll get used to it, which would probably be for the best protection-wise. If not, that is great that Leon will work with you to make it the way you envisioned!

lunemo

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!! Can''t wait to see pictures. :)

Princess Sparkles

Rough_Rock
oooooh I love this ring, I''ve been drooling over that picture from Leon''s website for a while now.....yummo!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful band that is going to look amazing with your set
30.gif

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
perfection.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I love it
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results