shape
carat
color
clarity

My Legera Pave - better than the Tiffany Novo!!!

Bluestar

Rough_Rock
GOG 1 carat H VS1 modern cushion (modified brilliant):
http://youtu.be/pO-VfcEdUF4?list=UUe_V0Cpb5TXhi2j80WFLuLA
I wanted the look of a Brellia without the price tag. I think I got pretty close with this stone and its interior star.
5.76 x 5.76 x 4.02
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
Florescence: Faint - gives off a little blue in some lights

BGD Legera Pave setting in platinum, customized to eternity band with 1 pt sapphire set into both sides of the head.

More pics here: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/bgd-legera-pave-hand-shots.211037/#post-3839850#p3839850']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/bgd-legera-pave-hand-shots.211037/#post-3839850#p3839850[/URL]

rps20150226_0.jpg

rps20150226_232525.jpg

rps20150226_1.jpg

rps20150227_0.jpg

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! Looks great on you! Congratulations! :love:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful setting for a beautiful diamond!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful and it looks lovely on!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A real beauty! :appl: Looks so perfect on your hand! :love:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, beautiful ring - I think the BGD settings are as good if not better than Tiffany too!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is gorgeous! :love: (Which is good because I was helping a couple of people this week looking for a similar ring and this setting was a strong contender for them!)

Bluestar

Rough_Rock
I'd say that the BGD's are better than the Tiffany's. The bead setting is finer on the BGD's - it's pretty jagged and pronounced on the Novo. I like the smoother edge, and I like the lower profile of the Legera - that elevation under the head of the Novo, coupled with it's lack of a flush wedding band? That all just makes no sense to me!!!

The Tiffany Novo with comparable specs (here in Canada) was over $28,000. My ring was 75% less than that, and it's customized to an eternity band, plus the sapphires in the head. It also has appraised for more than double what we paid for it. Really, if you are thinking of a Tiffany, just go to GOG and BGD and then spend the saving on a new car or something. Sheesh.

Bluestar

Rough_Rock
happy to help! I remember the countless hours I spent looking for handshots of the Legera, it was soooo frustrating! The ring is even better than I had ever hoped, and I can't thank the Pricescope community enough for showing me the light.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful setting and diamond!!! You made great choices.

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring Bluestar! I am considering an August Vintage Cushion in a Legera setting. I love the elegant simplicity of the setting. Do you find that a wedding band will sit flush against your engagement ring? It's very hard to tell from the BGD website. I am a stickler for my wedding band being flush. There is not anything the matter with it not, it's just my preference. I too am in Canada and will not have the opportunity to see the ring or diamond beforehand.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good going on all fronts: Beautiful diamond, wonderful setting, looks so so pretty on your hand. And you got all of that at an excellent price. Good on ya! Thank you for sharing the details regarding price, BGD settings/Tiffany setting. I'm always curious what people think about the amount of money they spent to get the ring they want versus status brands (not that BGD is not a 'status' brand, but you kwim). :appl:

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lovely!

Bluestar

Rough_Rock
Poodles4me: I think the AV cushion would look amazing in the setting! The setting is so thin and elegant, an A V will look beautiful... For me I don't like to see much of the metal of the setting... Nothing but sparkle! And it's so fun being in Canada w a beautiful cushion, they are just not available up here so I love to see peoples reactions. I've only had my ring on for a few weeks now, so to be honest, I haven't even tried wedding bands on yet! But what I can say is that the Legera does not that that big "donut" at the base of the head that the Novo or the Novela both have. It's that "donut" that protrudes and makes the wedding band unable to sit flush. The Legera has just the tiniest bit of change in width at the base of the head. I can't tell from looking at it if it would affect a wedding band or not, but I'd suspect not, at least not in anyway that it would be noticeable or annoying like the Novo.

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the information Bluestar! I love how your diamond is the star of the show with just a bit of bling on the band. It truly is an elegant ring. Our 30th wedding anniversary is coming up and my husband wants to get me a special piece of jewellery so I've been looking at various designs for almost a year. I've loved the look of August Vintage cushions since the first moment I laid eyes on them (here on Pricescope). I've waffled back and forth between emerald cut, Asscher cut, yellow diamond cushion, old European cut but I keep going back to the August Vintage cushion. Congratulations on your engagement and a stunning ring!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep coming back to look at your beautiful ring! It's so perfect in every way!

Bluestar

Rough_Rock
Poodles4me: Congrats to you both on 30 years!! What an achievement, to be celebrated! ;-) I definitely think you should go with the August Vintage cushion - of all the cuts you mentioned, the AV is going to have the most sparkle. Those big chunky facets, I don't think it gets any better than that! The AV cushions face up HUGE too, they are cut more shallow so you really get the most face up sparkle for the $$$. It's a win all around! Congrats again and hope to see your new ring soon!!!?

Bonfire: THANK YOU! I think it's perfect too. It took sooooo long to find just the right stone and setting, not to mention the right guy ;-)

Bluestar

Rough_Rock
Blue fluorescence in full effect today!!

rps20150311_111041.jpg

rps20150311_111149.jpg

Amanda_Diane

Rough_Rock
Hi Bluestar, your engagement ring is stunning! I am looking into the Legera Pave for a 2 ct diamond. I am worried about the durability of the Legera Pave because I read that it is measured at 1.8mm. BG is known to have high standards so I imagine that it is built with high quality. I was wondering if your ring has held up in durability since it has been a several years since you received it? Have you had to replace any diamonds?

Bluestar

Rough_Rock
Hey Amanda_Diane,

Just seeing this, so sorry for the slow reply! So almost 4 years later, and my platinum Legera Pave looks brand new. Not just durable, but literally like brand new - Not a scratch on it, not a ding. Haven't lost any diamonds. Daily wear, and I have kids, so my hands take a beating. Also I live in Canada, so I'm always doing stuff like scraping ice off the car. Ring looks just as good as the first day I wore it. Hope this helps! :)

Hi Bluestar, your engagement ring is stunning! I am looking into the Legera Pave for a 2 ct diamond. I am worried about the durability of the Legera Pave because I read that it is measured at 1.8mm. BG is known to have high standards so I imagine that it is built with high quality. I was wondering if your ring has held up in durability since it has been a several years since you received it? Have you had to replace any diamonds?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results