shape
carat
color
clarity

BGD Legera Pave hand shots

Bluestar

Rough_Rock
Hi Pricescopers,

Longtime follower of the community here... I just received my dream ring, and wanted to come back and post all the info I'd ever wanted and could never find before. Hopefully this helps someone out there - I'm so in love with my fiance and absolutely obsessed with how amazing this ring is! Thank you Pricescope for the education.

Without further adieu:
GOG 1 carat H VS1 modern cushion (modified brilliant):
http://youtu.be/pO-VfcEdUF4?list=UUe_V0Cpb5TXhi2j80WFLuLA
I wanted the look of a Brellia without the price tag. I think I got pretty close with this stone and its interior star.
5.76 x 5.76 x 4.02
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
Florescence: Faint - gives off a little blue in some lights

BGD Legera Pave setting in platinum, customized to eternity band with 1 pt sapphire set into both sides of the head.

I'll post up a bunch of hand shots, as I know that these don't seem to exist anywhere else! This setting is perfect. It's low profile, modern, very thin and dainty. The pave melee is super sparkly, bright and high quality. I've previously owned some handmade Bridget Durnell pave bands, and I was worried that the quality wouldn't be as high with the BGD. It's easily comparable.

Working with GOG and BGD was easy, and the value is incredible. I'm in Canada, where the only thing that comes close to this is the Tiffany Novo. This style, and the square cushion in general, is extremely hard to find here. My fiance was originally very uncertain about doing this shopping online, so I took him to Tiffany. The Novo with similar specs in Canada was over $28000. And I don't like the elevation of the setting on the Novo, among other things. He got the picture, and was very pleased when the ring was literally a quarter of the cost of the Novo, amazing quality, customized to me perfectly, AND it appraised for double.

My finger size is 4.25.

rps20150226_232428.jpg

rps20150226_232346.jpg

rps20150227_113957.jpg

rps20150226_232903.jpg

Bluestar

Rough_Rock
A few more...

rps20150226_233059.jpg

rps20150226_232639.jpg

rps20150226_232941.jpg

rps20150227_114113.jpg

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: gorgeous!

Chihuahua6

Shiny_Rock
Wow that's a beautiful ring. I love the sapphires. I thought about doing that with blue topaz but I wasn't sure how it would look. I love how the surprise sapphires look on your ring.

Bluestar

Rough_Rock
Thank you!!! I love the sapphires too, I think the little bit of color just adds something special. I'd only seen one other ring with this style of "surprise" stone set directly into the head before, and of course, I couldn't find the pic when I went looking for it - so I photoshopped a mockup together for BGD with what I wanted. I was adamant about it being set into the head, simple - no swirls around it, no facet setting, nothing else to interrupt the clean design. BGD got it exactly right. ;-)

noscrusir

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful 4 main cushion! It's gorgeous :) I bought my fiance a very similar diamond in the BGD Novela setting, which is very similar to the Legara. She couldn't be happier and I'm sure you will be too.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is just gorgeous! :love: Beautiful stone and setting!

I might suggest that you click Report Concern and ask the moderators to move your thread to the Show Me the Bling part of the forum. That is where most people go to post and look at finished rings and jewelry!

Bluestar

Rough_Rock
Moderator - feel free to move this post if you like? Or I can post again there? I posted here in Rocky Talk because I thought some Pricescopers might be interested in seeing the GOG and BGD pics, ASETs and Idealscopes on the same stone side by side! It's hard when you are shopping both sites and don't feel you are looking at "apples to apples" comparisons. Figured seeing how the contrasts line up would be helpful to some shoppers.

Bluestar

Rough_Rock
Congrats! I love the Novela too! If we'd gone any bigger on the stone, we would have gone with the Novela.

yasssss

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful stone and setting!!!! :love: Love it!! and it looks huge!!

eirwen

Rough_Rock
Love the simplicity of the ring .. brings out the diamond :)

Chihuahua6

Shiny_Rock
I'm curious, you got images from BG and GOG. Did you end up purchasing the diamond from BG or just the setting? I guess I'm a little confused seeing images from both of them. The ring is so pretty. You must have received a ton of compliments on it : )

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
You found an incredible diamond and the setting is so elegant - great job!!!

Bluestar

Rough_Rock
My fiance purchased the diamond from GOG, who then shipped it to BGD. When BGD received it, they photographed it and sent us the pics prior to setting it. :) Great service and professionalism from both vendors.

noscrusir

Shiny_Rock
Bluestar, isn't this the same diamond you bought but listed at Enchanted Diamonds as being available?

https://enchanteddiamonds.com/diamonds/view/C101-E1WB77

I saw the picture and immediately made the connection. In fact, it has the exact same dimensions, color grade, clarity, etc. as your diamond. The facet pattern looks exactly the same. Somehow, this is listed as available on the ED website? I normally wouldn't bring this to attention but made the connection after reading the debate going on in the other thread right now.

Could others chime in?

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! Congratulations. :))

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
A reminder that we don't allow photos with vendor logos on them, feel free to repost any plain photos you might have.

Bluestar

Rough_Rock
Reposting with no logos! Glamour shots first. ;-)

briangavin_modified_zs1b_011915.jpg

briangavin_modified_zs2b_011915.jpg

briangavin_modified_zs3b_011915.jpg

briangavin_modified_zs4b_011915.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, what a beautiful ring. Pure elegance.

Bluestar

Rough_Rock
Reposting pics with logos removed - sorry, had no idea that was an issue! Did side by side's this time, might be even better ;-)

_28140.jpg

_28141.jpg

pic1_nologo.jpg

6940_gia2176402099_nologo.jpg

Bluestar

Rough_Rock
@nocrusir: Nope, different stone! Close though! The differences are in the facets at 3 and 9 o'clock - see those rays coming out there? Not present on my stone, which has more arrows into the corners. Happy to say that my stone is right here on my finger, and not for sale! ;-) That is a gorgeous stone from Enchanted Diamonds though, someone should check that out!

Although, to your point, I actually don't think it's uncommon for the same rock to be "for sale" on multiple websites. The suppliers feed the vendors the specs, and then the vendors call in the stone if they think they have a buyer. Pretty standard stuff.

Thank you everyone for the compliments! My friends aren't really sure why I'm so particular about my ring, so they really don't get why this ring is so special to me. It's nice to hear that others can appreciate the simplicity and elegance, just makes me so happy. Thanks again.

rps20150319_142723_354.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring and great pictures.

Amanda_Diane

Rough_Rock
Reposting with no logos! Glamour shots first. ;-)

Hi Bluestar, your engagement ring is stunning! I am looking into the Legera Pave for a 2 ct diamond. I am worried about the durability of the Legera Pave because I read that it is measured at 1.8mm. BG is known to have high standards so I imagine that it is built with high quality. I was wondering if your ring has held up in durability since it has been a several years since you received it? Have you had to replace any diamonds?

Amanda_Diane

Rough_Rock
Hi Bluestar, your engagement ring is stunning! I am looking into the Legera Pave for a 2 ct diamond. I am worried about the durability of the Legera Pave because I read that it is measured at 1.8mm. BG is known to have high standards so I imagine that it is built with high quality. I was wondering if your ring has held up in durability since it has been a several years since you received it? Have you had to replace any diamonds?

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
March 2015 thread

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results