shape
carat
color
clarity

My Jeweler's Stash (and my crush on a red spinel)

S

SparkliesLuver

Tourmaline said:
It's happening!! :) :) :)

:shock: :shock: :shock: :love: :love: :love: :loopy: :loopy:

The stone gods are with you, Tourmaline! Wow. Holy poop. :lol: If I lived anywhere near you, I'd throw you a homecoming party for that ring! ;-) Congratulations to you and your generous, amazing hubby! Cannot wait to see more pictures later this week when it's on your finger.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Contrats Tourmaline. That baby is huge. I can't wait until you get it set so we can all drool over those pictures. :drool:

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks, everyone! I'm so excited!

lovedogs|1458695685|4009629 said:
....not to thread jack, but is there any way your jeweler would consider selling the aqua?? I've been thinking about it and it's just beautiful!

If my husband had said no to the spinel, I probably would have brought up the aqua, because I love that one, too. It's still there in my mind, maybe for next year, but I'll ask him at some point about pricing, and if I don't want to claim it, I'll pass along the info. He did tell me that he has another, similar one that might be slightly more green, that he had recut. He looked for it to show me, but didn't find it while I was there. So maybe there will be one for each of us!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Exciting stuff is happening!!! He's preparing the setting for the spinel. My diamond ring is on his bench, too, because he's polishing out some scratches that came from wearing it next to my AVC band. I'm going to have to add a spacer. I have some errands to run today and I'm going to pick up the spinel ring later. Eek!!!

image_540.jpg

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How exciting and a big congrats :appl:

Please come back ASAP with photos!!!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tourmaline|1458739114|4009781 said:
Thanks, everyone! I'm so excited!

lovedogs|1458695685|4009629 said:
....not to thread jack, but is there any way your jeweler would consider selling the aqua?? I've been thinking about it and it's just beautiful!

If my husband had said no to the spinel, I probably would have brought up the aqua, because I love that one, too. It's still there in my mind, maybe for next year, but I'll ask him at some point about pricing, and if I don't want to claim it, I'll pass along the info. He did tell me that he has another, similar one that might be slightly more green, that he had recut. He looked for it to show me, but didn't find it while I was there. So maybe there will be one for each of us!

Totally understandable--you have first dibs :) Just keep me posted if you dont want it, or if there's another one :appl: So excited that you are moving along quickly with your spinel! Can't wait to keep following along!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tourmaline|1458742324|4009803 said:
Exciting stuff is happening!!! He's preparing the setting for the spinel. My diamond ring is on his bench, too, because he's polishing out some scratches that came from wearing it next to my AVC band. I'm going to have to add a spacer. I have some errands to run today and I'm going to pick up the spinel ring later. Eek!!!

image_540.jpg

This is great - what an awesome photo!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, it's beautiful and HUGE :-o

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's red, huge and incrediby beautiful :love:
I love the setting you have chosen for your gorgeous stone. And I love how you (and your husband) and your jeweller are moving fast.

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I LOVE it too!! :love: :appl: :love:

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
Wow Tourmaline I stay away for like 2 days and you already have it set and on your finger. It is just stunning in the true sense of the word. I was stunned and couldn't move for a good minute just starring at it. Congratulations. It looks beautiful on your hand. Glad you set it in gold :clap:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
excuse me while I go wipe the drool off my face :love:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a crush on your crush! Gorgeous spinel and the size is amazing. Looks wonderful in yellow gold. Congrats! :appl:

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yeah, that's a traffic stopper as in horns honking, people yelling, possibly even gesturing because I would be staring at that ginormous redflash on the hand! How exciting! Wear it in health.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning, spectacular, breathtaking, gorgeous, perfect!!! :love: :love: :love: LOVE LOVE LOVE it.
What a ring Tourmaline! Congratulations on making this beauty yours. :appl: :appl: :appl:

S

SparkliesLuver

Wow, Tourmaline! Just wow. :loopy: :lickout: I think you should name her. :naughty: I'm still shocked and impressed at the speed with which everything came together; what a great experience! The ring is absolutely stunning and I'm super glad you shared your journey. Wear it in good health!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!!!!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you all for encouraging me during this really fast process! :)

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
Tourmaline|1458822511|4010298 said:
Thank you all for encouraging me during this really fast process! :)

Tourmaline, I've been lurking your thread since Friday (I think it was Friday) and sending positive thoughts your way! Your spinel is absolutely AMAZING! I'm a little surprised at how quickly it all came together for you! when it's meant to be it's meant to be I guess! Congratulations on your beautiful new ring! :appl: :love:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

That is a true thing of beauty.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't believe how fast this went from an "Oh My!" to an "Oh Mine!" :bigsmile:

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks for the love, everyone!

minousbijoux|1458847776|4010494 said:
I can't believe how fast this went from an "Oh My!" to an "Oh Mine!" :bigsmile:

Haha! Yes, it was really fast!

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Holy cow!!! That's fantastic, what a wonderful gem, love the ring as well. Showstopper, indeed.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Magnificent!!!! Congrats!!!

RSargent

Shiny_Rock
Stunning!!!!

arabella

Shiny_Rock
That. is. AMAZING!! My dream stone! Congratulations! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results