shape
carat
color
clarity

My Interlap arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Frankly, I never checked, but I will now! From what I remember windowing is when you look at the stone from the top and can see the background underneath it, sort of like a window within the stone...?

What is the refection of Diamond, versus CZ, versus Moissanite. Rand actaully bought the moissantite stone, and I approximate it at 4ct, as it's a princess stone (what I first wanted), and he figured he would buy it as a test stone to set temporarily to get a look as to what my ring would look like. Of course it ended up larger than we wanted....
11.gif

What are some tests to make sure it IS moissanite and not CZ or something else... Also, it's cut fairly simply, lacking the two extra concentric star shapes on the pavillion, so I am thinking it's not too good of a cut, maybe it's not real moissanite...?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
----------------

What are some tests to make sure it IS moissanite and not CZ or something else... Also, it's cut fairly simply, lacking the two extra concentric star shapes on the pavillion, so I am thinking it's not too good of a cut, maybe it's not real moissanite...?

----------------

Is your moissanite white like a colorless diamond/cz? It should be slightly tinted as most are comparable to a I-Jish range diamond. This would be the easiest determinant. Also, there is a moissanite tester similar to a diamond tester and a Charles and Colvard dealer should have this tool to verify if it's a true moissanite v. a cz. I'm just not highly versed enough with these stones to give much more info, though, from what I've read, the refractive index of moissanite is higher or double or something like that so they are suppose to sparkle more than diamonds and may even look slightly blurred around the facets.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
It looks nothing like an I/J. My guess is that is may not be Moissanite from your description. I haven't specifically noticed the double refraction, which would make a seeminly pretty facet design sparklier, but fuzzier as you say.

I noticed there IS a Moissanite retailer across the street:

Moissanite 47th Street
Michael Oh
15 West 47th Street
Suite 201
New York, NY 10036
212-354-3133

So I am going to check that out tomorrow when I have my moissanite (or not) princess with me. Then again, before our learning about stones, the boy bought it, so who knows what he paid for!
rolleyes.gif

I'll let you know how the stones looks at the retailer, and what mine it. Also, so excited, I think I got my package from SettGold, so I can't wait to see my baubles when I get home... Michelle, you are getting me so obsessed with even the simulants!!!
cry.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hm... I forgot to write in the previous post: the round Zircons are from Creativegem. And... did you try out white sapphire? Those guys are pretty good when it comes to nicely cut, small, inexpensive stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results