shape
carat
color
clarity

My Interlap arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to mention that I ordered a 6.5 mm RB Interlap stone just out of curiosity sake and I have to say it IS much nicer than most other CZs out there. I''ve never seen an Asha or any of the other more expensive CZs, but compared to the typically seen ones in the mall, this one blows those away. It''s cut nicely and throws off lots of colors, blues and reds, and is very dazzling under the right lightening.

That said. . .does it still look like a cz? Yes, it does! I CAN tell the difference when putting it next to my real diamonds, mostly because it looks SO white. My G color eng. diamond looks horribly tinted next to it
sad.gif
lol! And from some angles the interlap just has that CZ type, non depth look. . .I''m not sure exactly how to describe it, but I guess it lacks the rich thickness and density that you seen when looking down into a diamond through the table. . .

So, now I''m not sure what I''m going to do with my fun stone. It''s too big for a toe ring solitaire
9.gif
, so I may hunt around for an inexpensive setting from eBay to set it as a right hand ring. I won''t wear it as an eng. ring as this is just me. . . I''m more into real diamonds for wedding sets
1.gif

Oh, and I think actually, interlaps would make FABULOUS sim earrings since they do look real enough especially at quick glance hidden behind some hair, but only in modest sizes (like up to .5 or .75). . .the 1 carat is just too big and white to be believable (unless, of course, you live in one of those controversial parts of the country where everyone is said to be wearing 3 carat colorless stones
3.gif
).

Okay, massive ramble. Ah, too much espresso again.
6.gif
lol

Michelle

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ah, I know!!! Sorry about the lack of photos! lol Our camera is fresh out of batteries and I chose to drag my kids to the mall today instead of going to costco and getting more, so it'll be a few days before I get around to posting any images.

I got the stone at www.freecz.com and it was only $11 including shipping. Very cheap
1.gif
(Other cuts besides the rb are more expensive, but all under $100.)

What all did you get on eBay? I love colored stones and have a slowly growing collection of all kinds of fun and yummy gems. It's a nice more affordable hobby than diamonds
9.gif

Michelle

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Affordable compared to diamonds yes, cheap...no.

I can't wait to see your pictures!

I actually initially ordered an Bi-color Ametrine, but it was chipped, so I sent it back and they even will refund my shipping cost BACK to them, which was why I decided to keep shopping there... SETTGold on E-Bay...

I went a wee bit nuts with three large Swiss Blue Topazes, and a small deep violet Spinel, a largish Bi-color TOurmaline, a grayish-pink tourmaline, and some small round zircon. Very excited to get them!!! My last auction ended today, so I will be getting them in 2 weeks or so...
cry.gif

I want an interlap now TOOOO!!! MC, what have you started with me?!
6.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Damnit. Just bought one. A starter 1ct round...
9.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Aren't you the lady that actually hit the buy button twice? Darn, too bad you caught it so quickly!

Thanks for the business and I hope you like your new rock. If you were just closer we could throw it at you! I love that tag line.

Michelle, I am glad you are enjoying yours too. I have many ladies who would argue with you about the larger sizes though. One of my clients is a jeweler who put 10mm rounds in a pair of martini style earrings in Platinum. Wore them to her family reunion (they are all jewelers) and every one was ohing and ahhing, no one cottoned to them being z's. They sell a lot of D's and E's so they were used to the higher color, I think it does make a difference.

Wink

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Wink, yup that was me... I suppose I got so excited that I just clicked it twice....Actually our computer system at work is going through a revamping, so the page went dead after that and i assumed it didn't go through, so I did it again... Lo and behold it was in my in-box as two sales...

Actually, I only wanted one round CZ...I am drooling over the Flanders and the Octogonal stones...

The color being so white is fine with me, as I am a very proud color snob, and I am hoping to have a nice little round pendant keep me company until I get my real one. Of course, this is after I get my gemstones, and determine which ones I will send over to Richard Homer to recut (if he can).... So many jewels, not enough time!
naughty.gif

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for letting us know your Interlap arrived! I can't wait for pictures
9.gif
I am seriously contemplating earrings in a small size .5 ct each and set them into Martini settings.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nicrez - Um, there's no way I'm gonna let you pin your interlap spending spree disorder on me! lol
2.gif
I know the truth. . .that you're already throroughly addicted! hehee Hope you enjoy your new stone! Oh, and can you let me know what you think of your zircon? I'm looking for a round one and would love to hear from you IF the purchase you made turns out good and you can recommend the seller. (I found the PERFECT stone for 53 bucks on a gem website and waited too long and it was sold to someone else
cry.gif
and now I'm hoping to find another one that's amazing and all that, plus, of course on the inexpensive side
1.gif
.)

Wink - Yep, I'm not surprised your customer's earrings passed for real. Your stones really do look THE BEST of the czs I've seen. I think I'm just a bit paranoid about wearing large czs even though some may think they're D or E since all my other diamonds are a lot smaller and most are in the F/G range
1.gif
and distracts from believability.

Luckyhonu - you should at least order a couple of the little stones to see what they look like. I'm betting you'd love them!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I have a 6.5mm and a 7mm Interlap from Wink. I love them! I bought one of those stone holders so I can pick them up and play with them.

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
How can you tell which ones are interlaps from the site?

Are the fancy cut ones interlaps too?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
The "Winfield stones" are the Interlap ones. . .and the fancy cut ones are Interlaps also.

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
So then, Winfield's (Wink's place) sells CZs that are treated with this interlap hardening process that's been discussed in a different topic. I think someone said it makes a CZ a 9 rating out of a diamond's 10. Not bad.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Michelle, that is SO untrue! Absolutely your CZ bragging that got me interested. I was only into gemstones and diamonds, CZs hadn't even entered the picture!
9.gif
They did now!
11.gif

I actually realized I lost the order on the Sircon, so I have seven different gemstones, including the blue topazes, the bi-color tourmaline, the violet spinel, and a violet golden ametrine. I too was looking forward to the zircon.

After seeing Richard homer's rendition of a Zircon with extra "oomph" I wanted to get one so bad! I am going to see if it's possible to find a good sized Zircon at the place where I got all my gemstones, but they always end up going to some pretty high bids, when talking price per carat.

Try SETTGold on E-Bay. They have some nice things, and that's where I went a wee bit nuts this time! I am getting them probably by Monday!! YAAAYYYYY! Can't wait for my interlap too!!!
love.gif
Thanks Michelle...
naughty.gif
9.gif

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
No so far the only treated CZ's are Ashas...

I was experimenting w/having Interlaps treated, and have had much success with the treatment.

*grin*, but I'm not exactly any kind of a business, yet.

win

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 4/29/2004 9:47:31 AM Nicrez wrote:

Michelle, that is SO untrue! Absolutely your CZ bragging that got me interested. ----

lol
9.gif

Thanks for the eBay seller! I'm now lusting over the 2.55ct OVAL FACET MANDARIN SPESSARTITE GARNET. Talk about yummy
lickout.gif
I already have one orange stone, so I don't really "need" another, lol, but it's hard not to start dreaming up great pendant designs just for fun.

Michelle

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Michelle, thanks for enabling me, I just ordered an Interlap from Wink...it only cost me $10.00 plus shipping. I can't wait till it comes!
1.gif

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Nicrez: I just took a look at the things that SETTGold is offering on ebay! WOW! they are so nice and well priced - maybe I should get a pink tourmaline...
9.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
This place is BAD for your wallet, no?
cry.gif

Genafrgh

Rough_Rock
Win, you'll be in business soon. I'm planning on buying at least 2 more stones after the earrings! When I get them, I'm going to brag & take pic's (if my camera cooperates. I can't wait!!! I looooove sparklies
love.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
----------------
On 4/27/2004 7:30:34 PM Nicrez wrote:

Wink, yup that was me... I suppose I got so excited that I just clicked it twice....Actually our computer system at work is going through a revamping, so the page went dead after that and i assumed it didn't go through, so I did it again... Lo and behold it was in my in-box as two sales...

naughty.gif
----------------
That explains why your system said I could not email reply to you. I sent you a response that it was fine and eventually got your message back as having waited for four days and not being deliverable. Litterally lost in cyber space...

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
----------------
On 4/28/2004 8:44:24 PM verticalhorizon wrote:

So then, Winfield's (Wink's place) sells CZs that are treated with this interlap hardening process that's been discussed in a different topic. I think someone said it makes a CZ a 9 rating out of a diamond's 10. Not bad. ----------------
Yikes! Not me, that is Asha and Winyan is experimenting with it. I may do some with her if there is sufficient demand, but I am so busy now that I have not had time to work on it. Doing the coating business would be another full time job and I like the one I have now...

Wink

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Genafrgh

Thanks!, btw, the parts for your earrings are already ordered, will get them together tout suite, I'm not sure how much the difference is between the bezel and the prongs, but I'll talk to Thom tomorrow, I caught him tonight, running out the door!

win

gct888

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I realize this is an interlap thread, but just couldn't resist sharing with like-minded folks about the settgold thing. Nicrez, we may have been going after the same set of zircon, but I lost the bid too, haha! Luckyhonu, they do have nice tourmaline, personally I've found that the pinks look better in person than the bronzes and oranges vs. the website pictures. Without first-hand experience of interlaps, I can't compare the small white zircon, but the latter would look great for earrings too as they stay white and brilliant even in low light. Haven't got pics for all my stash yet, but here's a set of peridot, spessartite(my favorite), bronze and rose tourm, be-heated sapphire briolettes and a cute amethyst frog.
loopy.gif

Thanks for making me feel better about my 'addiction'!
2.gif

(Sorry the pic is so poor, somehow they always come out dimmer than actual.)

Georgina

collection1.JPG

gct888

Rough_Rock
The white zircons. It would be great to see the interlaps to compare.

zircons.JPG

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pretty, Georgina! All your stones must be fun to play around with.
9.gif
Are you planning to make jewelery with any of these or are they for collecting?

The white zircons you have are nice too. I'm just not organized enough here to get good interlap photos taken yet for comparison (I have two young boys 1 1/2 and 3 1/2, so doing a photo shoot is a bit risky. . .suddenly all h*ll breaks loose anytime I try and play with my gemstones & camera
rolleyes.gif
).

Oh, I just wanted to mention that as I've been playing around with the Interlap, I've noticed in a few lighting conditions, my stone DOES look very real. One being out in sunlight. Luckily we've had a few gorgeous days here in the NW and I went out in the sun and held out my interlap and was almost scared for my life. . .lol, it was so incredibly sparkily and reflected colors so intensly, that there was NO way any neighbor who may have been watching would have thought I was holding up a cz. It's light return nearly blinded me
9.gif

Michelle

gct888

Rough_Rock
Thanks, and best of all they're affordable too
2.gif
The peridots I'm actually having my friend set into jewelry for my sister(it's her birthstone) in combination with pink tourms (sort of channeling lily pulitzer
9.gif
)

I bought the stones because 1)just love them
appl.gif
2)took a stone-setting workshop here in Sydney, and wanted to try setting some more on my own. Since am so slow though, it'll take me years to do even 10 of them! If one or two turns out alright, I might post them, hopefully
rolleyes.gif

By the way, there's a CZ seller on ebay, anita reichenberg designs, that's intriguing - supposedly this lady invented them before moissanite and commercial CZ, and currently does work for TV shows and the NBA rings. She has some nice simple designs, like a slide solitaire pendant. In case you're interested, here's a link : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=67728&item=2677824048

Good luck on the setting search, it's always a treat to see beautiful jewelry on this site!

Georgina

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
YAY! I got my Interlap this weekend! What a sparkler! Funnny, I kept looking at it with every instrument I own... my fiance literally thinks I am NUTS! I-Scope, magnifying glass, Camera, etc... Now I need zircons to compare it to.

Sad things is I don't know where to go for well cut zircons. They all seem to have huge tables and strange proportions in their pictures...anyone know any well cut zircon dealers?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Soooo, Nicrez, is the CZ cut like your radiant ? It would be interesting to hear you opinion about how those look one near the other - after all, one rarely hears about CZ being sold and bought for it's own sake (which is quite a pitty, I suppose).

As for white zircon, do you want them round? teh stones likey should not be cut to diamond proportions really. A few nice ovals reside at AJS and how about those below ?

ZZZZR.JPG

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
My radiant always has the advantage of being SHAPED, which I always like, compared to round stones, BUT it had more scintillation, as my cut allows more brilliance... So my baby looked like a stone full of white glittering sparkles...

I want the Flander CZ next!
11.gif
naughty.gif

Actually those round zircons are lovely! Where are they from? What's AJS? I WANT!
love.gif
Now I am on a mission to compare stones.

I was noticing how the light refects differently through my diamond and through the CZ. It seems the CZ had more rainbow sparkles than the diamond, but then again, my stone is set...? Isn't this a quality of CZ versus diamond? I also have a 4ct moissanite princess stone, so what's the best way to set up a light test for these guys...?
naughty.gif

nono.gif
Wow, I need help!
rolleyes.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 5/3/2004 11:54:56 AM Nicrez wrote:

My radiant always I also have a 4ct moissanite princess stone, so what's the best way to set up a light test for these guys...?

----------------

Do you think moissanites look fairly realistic? I've been contemplating getting one, probably either the 1 or 1.25 carat size, but wasn't sure if they're worth paying hundreds of bucks for.

Is there windowing like with a CZ?

Michelle

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results