shape
carat
color
clarity

My improved surprise stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I posted about my wedding ring a few weeks ago. I had a new 4 prong platinum head put on the ring and I added two small stones as "surprise" diamonds. I thought they stuck out too much like Frankenstein bolts. I posted about it HERE.

This is the new impoved version. I asked them to re-set the suprise stones as close to the head as possible. I''m really happy with the outcome:

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Another shot:

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Looks lovely Patty. Nice improvement.
BTW, have you ever posted about your diamond band in the avatar?

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
That looks a lot better. It's really nice.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Another:

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, sevens and ep6.

Yes, sevens...I posted about my anniversary band here: 3 pointers

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Wow--they really did a great job--it looks awesome!
appl.gif
They are now, tuly surprise stones!
2.gif
From the frontal view, I couldn't even tell they were there--that is the point, right?!
9.gif

It's really lovely ring..enjoy it!
21.gif

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, they did a much better job this time; it's not at all reminicent of Halloween!

Congrats
1.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
OMG Patty I just read your thread. Talk about weird. I have the same type of sapphire/diamond ring that I don't wear and was wondering if I should do something with the stones. Yours is beautiful.
HMMMMM, projects, projects. This should really be good.
Thanks for the tip

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Jennifer and chialea. I really do like it. It looks better in person than it does in pictures. It's very sparkly!

sevens...Go for it, girl! Don't let those old diamonds sit around gathering dust.

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
It looks AWESOME. You did the right thing. Enjoy!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Daniela!

This picture is from before I had the new head put on it but I think it's a better representation of how pretty the ring is.

hannah

Rough_Rock
Much nicer. You must be so pleased with the final result
1.gif

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Great improvement, Patty! I think it looks great
1.gif
. I'm glad you had them fix it, and that they did such a nice job this time around!

msbennie

Shiny_Rock
Patty, what is the carat size of your surprise diamonds? I'm having a ring made with surprise diamonds on both sides of the head and they're .025 each. When I got them, they looked so tiny; however the jeweler said that's the way they should be so that they do not take away from the center diamond and are truly a "surprise".

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Patty -- it looks great! So much better now.....

And you are giving me inspiration to get off my rear and do some thing with those dusty stones. Now I just have to find someone to work with
sad.gif

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Much, much better. It looks liek part of the original design rather than an add on. You must be very happy.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your comments, guys.

msbennie, my surprise diamonds are 7 points each. They are extras from when I had this ring made. I had two anniversary bands with 7 7-pointers each and when I had the new ring made, they just used 12 of the 14 stones. In my "leave no diamond unused" mode, I decided to put the extras here. I think smaller stones would be easier to tuck into a setting, but these are what I had.

noobie

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 8/15/2004 9:17:01 PM Patty wrote:

msbennie, my surprise diamonds are 7 points each. They are extras from when I had this ring made. I had two anniversary bands with 7 7-pointers each and when I had the new ring made, they just used 12 of the 14 stones. ----------------
Did you mean 7 point or 3 points Patty? Above and in the post about the band you said 3 pointers. Yikes, I just ordered a 3 point eternity ring and wanted to make sure I got the look right!

msbennie

Shiny_Rock
Noobie, I went back and re-read Patty's original post and she did say 7 pointers, which I'm assuming means .07ct, when referencing to the surprise diamond. However, she used 3 pointers in the eternity ring. I think that's correct!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Yes, noobie, msbennie is correct.

The anniversary band that is my current avatar is made of .03c stones.

The surprise stones in my wedding ring are .07c stones.

I know it's confusing!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
It looks Perfect!!! It's got a perfect profile now!!! And I love the new band btw
love.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results