shape
carat
color
clarity

3 point anniversary band doubts

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Hi guys. So...I took this ring to my local jeweler. I knew I wouldn''t wear it after getting my new ring. It always bothered me that the sapphires were so dark although I liked the setting.

I had him take this ring apart and salvage the 12 3-point diamonds. He was to put the diamonds into an anniversary style band for me. Instead of going custom, we ordered two Stuller semi-mounts...each that would hold 6 3-pointers with the plan to make one ring holding all 12 diamonds. (We couldn''t find a semi-mount that would hold 12 stones this size.)

I called today to check on the ring. The owner (who I know) is out of town. I knew I was in trouble when the gal said, "Your rings are almost ready, they just need to be polished." I said, "Rings?" Oops! They set the diamonds in the two rings separately. I told her that before they changed it and made just one ring, I wanted to see the two rings...maybe I''d like them like that!

Well, no, I decided that I want just one ring. With only 6 3-pointers on a ring, it''s just not enough. I know I could stack the rings, but that''s not what I want. I just want a little sparkly band to wear with my wedding ring or my new 3-stone ring. So they now are making them into one ring for me. The diamonds will go around about 2/3s of the way. (Ring is a size 5.)

My doubts, though, have to do with the size of the stones. The rings just looked like a lot of setting. The stones are prong set...not shared prongs. I felt like I couldn''t pick out the diamonds from the setting...the diamonds are just too tiny! I wonder if they would look better channel set. Of course, the light in there is so bright, it''s hard to tell what is what.

When I get the ring, I''ll post pictures. I keep thinking that Mara''s e-ring band is made of 3 pointers and I''ve seen other pictures of anniversary bands of 2 and 3 pointers and they look great and you can see the stones. Maybe I''m spoiled by the macro photography that makes everything look so big!

So, I guess I''m nervous about this and hoping that it turns out okay. It''s not a cheap ring considering that they are using MY diamonds...The settings and labor will come to over $400. I keep thinking of cheaper anniversary bands that I could get on eBay for $400 but then I''d still have this ring that I really don''t need! I like the idea of not wasting a ring but I''m wondering if I was stupid to do this.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I picked up my (ONE) ring today and I love it! I must say, looking at a ring while it's still being worked on and hasn't been polished and seeing it when it's finished is very different! The diamonds are pretty and sparkly and I love the prong setting. I think it looks good on my left hand with my new 3 stone ring. I also may wear it just by itself...It's just a pretty little row of sparkle.
1.gif

I'll post pictures later. I don't know how to use my daughter's digital camera and she's being grumpy and won't take them for me yet.
8.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Patty, I can't wait to see pictures...Ever since I saw Mara's eBay find I want a band like that, too, with smaller stones going around...
1.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Here it is! The stones are 3 points each...12 of them. They are G color VS clarity.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very nice Patty! I love the sparkle!!

Curious, so that was TWO semi mounts ? How did they put it together? Plunk the other one next to the first one? Interesting! Turnout looks awesome though!
1.gif

Sometimes I think my e-ring stones are too small since they are truly prong set which covers more of the stone, but other times the sparkle is perfect. I think it depends on the mood.
2.gif
Congrats gal, lovely choice!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Yes, Mara...yesterday there were two rings...each with 6 diamonds. I guess they cut them and glued them together.
2.gif

Oh...and I think they only charged me for one semi-mount. I thought the whole ring was going to be over $400 but today she said it was just $247 with tax. I even said to her, "I thought it was going to be more." She said, "Do you want it to be more?" I said, "Um...no, that's just fine." I feel like it was worth $247 with me providing the diamonds. $400 would have been a bit much. Of course, the owner who I dealt with is out of town. When he gets back, he'll probably call me and ask for more money.
2.gif

I think your ring looks wonderful, Mara. If your band stones were bigger, they would detract from your mega-stone!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow I like it

hmmmmm 12 aca melee 2 stuller semi-mounts shoot you done did it.
Now Iv got another ring to dream about buying for my wifey2b :}

Patty

Ideal_Rock
strmrdr...Go for the eternity band, baby! One stuller semi-mount, 3-point ACAs...more bling and no worry about it spinning!

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Interesting setting and style Patty..I love the ring
1.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Here is a pic of my two new rings together. Sometimes I wear them like this...other times I wear the 3 stone on my right hand:

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
It looks really great, Patty! It matches your 3-stone ring nicely!
1.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I think it turned out very well--and great price! Wear it in health it looks GREAT on your finger with your three stone!
1.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Josh, Giangi and Jennifer. I do love the way they look together. I took that pic in the car. My husband and daughter saw the flash go off from their spot in front seat and were like, "????" I told them that I wanted a picture of how nice they looked in the car with my hand looking normal, not all yucky in macro mode!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Woohoo, that is lovely. What a great idea to use your stones from an old ring. (I think diamonds get lonely in the jewel box)
2.gif
Patty, wear that in the best of health and happy times.

Shay

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Patty, what a lovely set of sparklers! And what a great idea to recycle diamonds! You're my new hero!!! I guess I'll be ransacking through my old jewelery looking for things to convert... CONGRATS on that lovely anniversary band!!!

More pictures Patty, please!!!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring combination! And what a great idea to recycle! I have lots of items I rarely wear any more. Maybe I should stretch that imagine and do something new with them.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, ladies, recycle those babies! I hate having stuff I don't wear. I don't have a lot of jewelry and I like to wear what I have.

I DO happen to have a couple of more shots of this new ring.
1.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Here it is with my wedding ring. The anniversary ring is white gold and the wedding ring is yellow, but since mostly just the stones show on the little ring, I think they look okay together.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results