shape
carat
color
clarity

My huge southsea pearl

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!! That's one HUGE pearl, AMAZING!! LOVE yr pearl drops too.
30.gif
30.gif

And ditto what others have said abt your beautiful long neck, lucky gal.
1.gif

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/15/2009 5:57:30 PM
Author: Gailey
Looks fabulous Megeve, and what a long elegant neck you have. But I am intrigued, did you manage to take that photo yourself or did you have help?
Thanks, Gailey!

With the help of a mirror. Its much easier that way. I tried it by guessing the height and distance, all turned out
14.gif

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
@cushioncutnut, decodelighted, Burberrygirl, Lovinggems & Phoenix
35.gif

Thank you, you are all so kind!
9.gif

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/15/2009 11:05:12 PM
Author: DiaDiva
Megeve, I love those earrings with your pendant.
30.gif
Spectacular!!!

What about the pair of long danglies? Would love to see those on your ears as well.
3.gif
You are not asking much aren''t you?
11.gif
9.gif

Ok, finally, managed to get some pics, the danglies....

dropearrings 048.jpg

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
with the pendant....

dropearrings 050.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are just heavenly on you!!! SPEECHLESSSSSSS!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/18/2009 9:03:10 AM
Author: cushioncutnut
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
9.gif

Now that we have comparison pics, which one do you think is better? The shorter ones or the danglies?

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
I''m definitely in the camp of the ears don''t fight with the neck. I''m not a big pendant wearer actually. Now if I had a neck like yours Megeve, I would wear the danglies with no necklace at all. The idea being that your neck is the focal point. When you do wear that beautiful necklace, I would opt for classic diamond studs, not too large. Elegant and understated, a sign of true class. Picture please!

It''s amazing just how many garden design principles apply to jewellery!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooooooooooh.....I love those long danglies!!!!! They are gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I had to choose between the 2 pairs of pearls to go with your SS pendant, I''d pick the shorter dangle. But I do agree with Gailey that studs would be a better fit with the pendant - less of a "fight" between ears and neck although I don''t think the shorter dangles do that as much. They''re quite complementary with the the pendant..

Megeve, you have such beautiful pearls. So what else are you "hiding" in your collection?

9.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/18/2009 5:42:06 PM
Author: megeve

Date: 8/18/2009 9:03:10 AM
Author: cushioncutnut
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
9.gif

Now that we have comparison pics, which one do you think is better? The shorter ones or the danglies?

I think both are just gorgeous...but for some reason... the dangles worn with the pendant speaks to me more. Just so Elegant looking with it without being so matchy-matchy. But honestly, you can''t go wrong either way. The dangles for dressing up and the other for dressing down! See... I am no help!!
3.gif

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, ladies! Looks like the short danglies won by 2.1! I am anyway for the short ones, as Gailey mentioned the long danglies have to be worn on its own. I will have the chance to wear them next week, yah!!!

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/15/2009 7:35:19 PM
Author: decodelighted
Oh BASEL ... a woman I used to work for got to go every year and would come back with the most amazing things. Swoon. Your necklace is phenomenal. I have to say I really dig the multiple chain look too -- even though its not ''about'' that -- its such a cool look on you. And the earrings are amazing with it.

Is it Party Season somewhere now? You should *move* there, wherever that is ... to get the most mileage out of your pearls!
deco,

Baselworld is a heaven for gemlovers! Unfortunately, I didn''t planned enough time for it. So by the time I knew what I wanted to buy, it was almost closing time. Thankfully, I managed to get this pearl!

Yah, in Salzburg, Austria! It is having a month long festival with operas, concerts and theatre plays. We have been going to this festival for the past 10 years and had seen many prominent personalities like Princess Carolin & Prince August, POW & Camilla etc attending the opening nights of operas. Every night is a dressing up event, so I will get my chance next week!
11.gif
31.gif
3.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/19/2009 4:17:16 PM

Oh BASEL ... a woman I used to work for got to go every year and would come back with the most amazing things. Swoon. Your necklace is phenomenal. I have to say I really dig the multiple chain look too -- even though its not ''about'' that -- its such a cool look on you. And the earrings are amazing with it.

Is it Party Season somewhere now? You should *move* there, wherever that is ... to get the most mileage out of your pearls!
deco,

Baselworld is a heaven for gemlovers! Unfortunately, I didn''t planned enough time for it. So by the time I knew what I wanted to buy, it was almost closing time. Thankfully, I managed to get this pearl!

Yah, in Salzburg, Austria! It is having a month long festival with operas, concerts and theatre plays. We have been going to this festival for the past 10 years and had seen many prominent personalities like Princess Carolin & Prince August, POW & Camilla etc attending the opening nights of operas. Every night is a dressing up event, so I will get my chance next week!
11.gif
31.gif
3.gif

That sounds wonderful! You will feel like a queen and fit right in wearing those pearls. Some of the dignitaries will probably want some just like them!!!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Your pendant is so amazing I keep coming back! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it with the shorter earrings! I''m so jealous of your collection.
11.gif
9.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 4:00:26 PM
Thank you, ladies! Looks like the short danglies won by 2.1! I am anyway for the short ones, as Gailey mentioned the long danglies have to be worn on its own. I will have the chance to wear them next week, yah!!!
You know Megeve, I think I''d better hop on over to give you a hand, you know make sure you put the right pieces together
emwink.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 4:17:16 PM

deco,

11.gif
31.gif
3.gif
Good job I''m on my way, I can introduce you to Charles! #1 son had tea with him a few months ago!

BTW, if you are going to wear the long danglies, can I borrow the short ones - LOL

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/18/2009 8:57:48 AM
with the pendant....
WOWZERS, GORGEOUS!!! congrats!
36.gif

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
@cushioncut, Kelli & Skippy
35.gif
35.gif

Thank you!

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/20/2009 10:45:46 PM

You know Megeve, I think I''d better hop on over to give you a hand, you know make sure you put the right pieces together
emwink.gif
Just let me know your arrival date & time, I will be there to fetch you!
9.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2009 3:02:30 PM

Date: 8/20/2009 10:45:46 PM

emwink.gif
Just let me know your arrival date & time, I will be there to fetch you!
9.gif
Last Wednesday, you went without me!
emcry.gif
emcry.gif
emcry.gif
Sat on your doorstep for two days, then came home again!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous pearl, and spectacular setting. Fit for a princess for sure!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/31/2009 9:40:56 PM
Last Wednesday, you went without me!
emcry.gif
emcry.gif
emcry.gif
Sat on your doorstep for two days, then came home again!!
Owww, Gailey
aww1.gif
I promise to serve you home baked pie
1263732qjo53yeqzf.gif
next time you come!!
25.gif

@Fly Girl, thanks for the lovely comment!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is one spectacular pendant!!
I agree that shorter earrings would be a better match for it, but those long dangles look gorgeous on their own!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Just gorgeous!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/9/2009 4:34:02 PM
last one the obligatory neck shot....
OMG
emdgust.gif

That is one HUGE PEARL!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
yoooooooowza!
6.gif

that''s the largest pearl i think i''ve ever seen and it''s quite beautiful!!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

Gorgeous pearl, and earrings! I''m speechless. I''ll come back later when I''m recovered
9.gif
Sooooooooooooooo nice. Lucky you
1.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Megeve,

May I ask how big the pearl is?

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you ladies for all the wonderful comments!
35.gif

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/9/2009 10:19:25 AM
Author: Phoenix
Megeve,

May I ask how big the pearl is?
Phoenix, the size is stated in the middle of the 1st page. But here it is again 22.30 x 19.70mm, its around 21 or 23ct.

Can''t wait to see what you buy!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results