My holy grail violet sapphire from Gene

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
derbygal|1418237100|3798984 said:
Your stone is amazing. I simply love the color! :appl: :appl: :appl:

:D WHICH ONE???????? :D

RandG

Brilliant_Rock
Wow- this is so beautiful and BIG too :) The color just makes me think of Elizabeth Taylor... that really incredible violet hue of her eyes. What an amazing stone to find.

Congrats!

swissmiss

Shiny_Rock
wow wow wow!!! So gorgeous!

katharath

Ideal_Rock
It's to die for. Absolutely gorgeous, and I'm so happy for you!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's about time. :Up_to_something:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad to see the stone has gone to a good home, as it is beautiful, thanks for sharing! :love:

DK :))

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! It is perfect! I see why you love it :appl:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous color and cutting. Bravo!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is AMAZING! I'm a purple girl too and prefer blueish purple so this is just lovely to see! I wish I could see it in person :love: I would sit on that baby for awhile before deciding how to set it although I would lean toward step cut something, pears, shields, half moons, something special in a three stone or five stone. Yum.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
gorgeous! Can't wait to see it set!

RandG

Brilliant_Rock
Can't wait to see how you set your amazing stone.

Some ideas...

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy - thanks! Gene's Jua is one of my favourites. I have a couple of other stones in it, too -a mint garnet and a little Mahenge spinel. Sparkles! :D

Acinom - thanks! I've so admired a couple of your beauties, too! :)

Thanks, thecat, and Sharon!

deskjockey - I totally know what you mean. When I've missed out on stones in the past, for example, or didn't buy them for whatever reason but wanted to, I always watch for them on PS, and am disappointed if they don't turn up!

petit bijou - thanks! In the end, I'm glad I returned that other one! ;-) Pears = a very nice idea, I'm digging it...and will consider it strongly. Can't afford Leon, and might be too squeamish to ship back and forth across the border, so am hoping to do something locally for this one. But you can still pet it whenever, lol...while I admire your luc yen! :dance:

sparkleismyfavcolor - Thanks! Me too, on the butterflies! I was still trying to resist, with it being considerably above my original budget (though still very reasonable for what it is), but the thought of it getting away...

Minou - awww, thank you! You certainly have been part of my roller coaster journey, and I thank you for your patience. :) Your spess will come, too, one day, I'm sure of it! :)

derbygal - thanks!

Marlow - haha! I do love the shifters. It's fun to realize you're in different lighting than you just were, and look down to see what a stone is doing about it!

RandG - yeah, the size is pretty ridonk - I had originally thought of a Leon-style ring with it, like the pic below, but on a size 5 finger, I do want to be able to wear it as often as I can without being over the top...Thanks for the setting ideas, please post any others you think might work, too!

katharath and swissmiss - thanks!

Freke - right??? Such a journey...And with an actual team of wonderful helpers in my search! Thank you!

dk, ILG, mochiko - thank you!

Asscherhalo_lover - thanks! yeah, I'm leaning that way in terms of setting...Also okay with waiting, since, um...it's been an expensive year *cough. I'd love to see your amazing e-ring one day, too. We should both go to Vegas this year! ;-)

MTG - thanks!

Now, I also like leafy designs like the one below, so might consider something like that, too.

img_6286.jpg

img_0647.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
your stone deserves to be the star of the show and I prefer the 2nd ring pictured....but then I don't like halos at all. again, you've got a great stone...why not let it strut its stuff?!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1418267556|3799251 said:
your stone deserves to be the star of the show and I prefer the 2nd ring pictured....but then I don't like halos at all. again, you've got a great stone...why not let it strut its stuff?!

I love halos, but I mentioned above that it might be over the top with this particular stone, which is why I'm leaning more simply. :))

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy bleepers, I'm still wiping the drool off my keyboard, what a spectacular stone, congrats I'm glad it went to a P/S member so we can all ogle it vicariously!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
NKOTB|1418268750|3799266 said:
movie zombie|1418267556|3799251 said:

I love halos, but I mentioned above that it might be over the top with this particular stone, which is why I'm leaning more simply. :))

oh, I don't think the 2nd pictured ring is simple! it is stylish, elegant, and allows your stone to be center stage.....but the side curtains of diamonds will absolutely make the ring rock Rock ROCK!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Wow, gorgeous stone, I can't wait to see what you do with it.

RandG

Brilliant_Rock
I will forever be in search of my perfect sapphire so I'm going to live vicariously through you for the time being :)

I absolutely love the flower design mount... that would look incredible! Who would you commission for something like that? The flow and lines of that mount are pretty darn perfect.

Here's a color change I sold in October. Wish I had a better image (and I will soon...), but properly proportioned French cut traps could be another way to feature your incredible stone...

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
That is an awesome gem. I'm happy for you! Can't wait to see how you set it. :)

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations, it's beautiful! I love purple too. I'm green with envy! =)

MrsCornishWed

Shiny_Rock
Oh.my.

That is divine!

(So much so, I've just taken a sneaky break from our wedding anniversary break away to tell you that!!) So excited to see this set!! X

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, it's gorgeous!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
This amazing beauty is bringing me out of lurkdom. MOST beautiful sapphire I've seen since Silky's! Totally worth the wait. Can't wait to see how you decide to showcase her!! Congratulations! :love:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
So beautiful :love: I was wondering who bought it. I love the last setting you picked, that would be perfect :appl:

Garnet Gimlet

Rough_Rock
Jaw droppingly beautiful! Holy grail is a perfectly accurate description.

RTFrog

Shiny_Rock
Magnificent NKOTB! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Congratulations :)

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! Blue/violet is my favorite as well, and the color of your new stone is beautiful.

puppyguts

Shiny_Rock
Sah pretty

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkie - a slow clap! Thanks! :D

movie zombie - I like how you word things - "side curtains of diamonds". :)

lknvrb4 - thanks!

RandG - that's a beautiful ring. As to setting, I'd ideally like to do this one locally, just because of shipping/border crossing/etc., but we'll see... It'll need to be someone good! I like my regular guy, but he hasn't done much custom stuff for me, and doesn't do CADs, so I'll have to think about it some more.

mariedtiger - thanks! We can be violet sisters. ;-) I can't wait to see how your forever ring turns out!

gemandjewelrylover - thanks!

MrsCornishWed - thanks! Happy anniversary!

blingbunny - thanks!

Uppy - thanks! Great to see you out of lurkdom!

Thanks, woofmama, Eyre, RTF, Zoe, and puppyguts!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
That stone is so spectacular. I've come back to look at your pictures a zillion times. Incredible.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results