shape
carat
color
clarity

my green sapphire, done (or part 3)

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
I have seen it, and touched it, and I love it :love: but my FF has not proposed and so it was on loan to me today to take photos, but I cannot keep it or wear it. but there are a couple of handshots!

please don't mind me, as I couldn't help taking photos. I hope you love it as much as I do, and thank you, ALL OF YOU, for being so lovely and supportive and everything - my anxiety/OCD really came out in this project, and you all kept me sane. and also, no one else around me seems to share the same excitement (I live in a world of plain white solitaires), so thank you all! :appl:

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
first, the more 'technical' shots.

specs: 8mm green sapphire, unplated wg split shank, single cut pave

ring_box__1_.jpg
ring_box__3_.jpg
ring_box__4_.jpg

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
then a couple of handshots:

ring_hand__1_.jpg
ring_hand__2_.jpg

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
and I decided to play with some metallic thread:

ring_string__1_.jpg
ring_string__2_.jpg

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
and now really, what do you think about it with my chrysoberyls? I feel like a five-stone (with a skinny spacer) might really work!

ring_top__1_.jpg
ring_top__2_.jpg
ring_top__3_.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay! It looks so much better than it did the first time around! Post lots more pics once you're engaged!

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty! Hope you get it soooon!

Kim Bruun

Shiny_Rock
While I myself don't go for stones in the more subdued colour range, I must admit that it looks very lovely in that setting. The colour of the gold and the greyish green complement each other beautifully.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it must feel great to have it finished and frustrating that you can't have your precious yet all rolled into one. Any sense of timeframe?

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rich but subdued looking. I like it! I hope you get to enjoy it very soon :appl:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Can you link to the other posts?

My favorite shots are the hand shots. Beautiful!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay!!!

The color metal looks great with the stone. Earthy and elegant!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is very pretty. I like that color of green.

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
minousbijoux said:
Wow, it must feel great to have it finished and frustrating that you can't have your precious yet all rolled into one. Any sense of timeframe?

the man says "it'll be next year - that means January to December. should keep you in suspense". and I should hit him on the head, but he did buy me a nice ring!

pregcurious said:
Congratulations! Can you link to the other posts?

My favorite shots are the hand shots. Beautiful!

Thank you! and I must learn to be a better ps-er, here are my older threads:
1. (https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/setting-help-for-a-green-grey-sapphire.193132/) when we were discussing suitable settings for the sapphire
2. (https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/setting-my-greenish-cushion-sapphire-part-2.194495/) my experience with setting it at the jeweler's.

Niel said:
Yay!!!

The color metal looks great with the stone. Earthy and elegant!

Thank you Niel! you and all the knowledgeable PSers really made this easier for me :appl:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like the jeweller did a good job on your setting; the ring looks great! I'm wondering if unplated WG in Singapore is of a different alloy than in the US because it looks very yellow in your pictures. In any case, it goes well with your green sapphire.

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
Chrono said:
Looks like the jeweller did a good job on your setting; the ring looks great! I'm wondering if unplated WG in Singapore is of a different alloy than in the US because it looks very yellow in your pictures. In any case, it goes well with your green sapphire.

Chrono, thanks! you've been indispensable.

re the unplated yg, I'm almost entirely sure it's of a different alloy (but my jeweler didn't know what they used when I asked her :???: ). it's not at all the creamy tinge I've seen on PS, I would say it's a muted, burnished gold. it is a happy coincidence that it worked out so well with my stone, but now I'm worried about setting my chrysos (a creamier shade would have suited both the sapphire and chrysos, and now I worry my set will be too yellow - and I wear colder colors, which goes better with a wg than yg)

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
I wanted to add here that I found out from my jeweler that the ring is set in 18k unplated white gold, 75% gold and 25% a mixture - the latter he defined as mostly palladium and a bit of silver. he couldn't be more specific than that.

how does that compare to unplated wg in the US?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are several different WG alloys used in the US and I am sure there are more than these 4 alloys.
Gold 75% + Platinum or Palladium 25%
Gold 75% + Palladium 10% + Nickel 10% + Zinc 5%
Gold 75% + Silver + 18.5% + Zinc 5.5% + Copper 1%
Gold 75% + Palladium 17% + Silver 4% + Copper 4%

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results