shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT My Gorgeous Vatche Grace E-Ring from IDJ!

HappyEverAfter

Rough_Rock
I'm incredibly excited to share my story and my ring.

My FI popped the question almost two months ago in Isla Mujeres on a quick getaway, it was the perfect setting-- cliffs, quiet and the crash of the ocean. She did it without a ring because she knew I'd been obsessively looking around and she wanted to make sure I got my dream ring, yeah, that's love right there :love: .

The dream ring, it's been a work in progress... I knew we would use my grandmothers stone but had no idea of the specs because it was set in a super vintage antique setting (which I kept, re-sized and put CZ in for now, one day it'll get a white sapphire). The original appraisals were across the board from round brilliant to OEC to OMC and my fathers jeweler put it at approx .65 points while Greenwich Jewelers in NY said approx .50. The color was obviously warm, it was originally appraised at an I but now I know it's a K. I have to admit, I was a bit disappointed about the size, I had always envisioned at least a 1 carat center stone and so off I went on a search for the most gorgeous setting possible that would really make my little heirloom stone pop.

I scoured these boards for months, sought advice on settings and then I saw it, like a beacon of light. @akmiss's GORGEOUS reset. i stalked that thread for what seems like forever and finally showed my fantastic FI and we both agreed that it looked like the one. Despite knowing exactly what I wanted I still snooped around and tried a million different things on at a few different stores. One of the stores was recommended by friends who had recently gotten engaged and one was HIGHLY recommended on the boards. The one that was recommended by friends had great prices and a lot of nice settings but when I walked into IDJ on 47th and started chatting with Monique and Yekutiel I knew that I would eventually buy from them.

My first trip into IDJ was a solo visit before we got the stone from my father. Monique sat with me, let me try on a million different settings that would fit a stone of my approx size with Yekutiel jumping in every once in awhile to clear things up and sent me off with a business card, a smile and a list of the settings I really liked. They weren't pushy, they were honest and when I started talking about my soon to be stone they knew right away that I'd been hanging around Pricescope. :loopy:

The second trip in was with my partner and my grandmothers ring, they removed the stone from the setting while sparing the original ring and let me know some of the specs on the stone. I was torn between the Vatche and a less expensive setting. I had made it clear that certain things were very important to me (the stone sitting almost flush, no space between the halo and stone, the warmth of the stone in comparison to the stones in the halo, etc) and he was very honest and forthright about what would realistically fulfill my expectations. My partner and I powwowed and agreed that the Grace was the one and so off my stone went to Vatche for them to make me a custom setting for the stone.

I haven't looked back. We got it back in two weeks, they had originally told me four but I nudged Yekutiel who nudged Vatche and the turn around was incredible. IDJ's customer service was out of this word (I basically stalked him I was so excited and he always responded very quickly and never yelled at me for stalking him, HA) and the price was impossible to beat. When my FI picked up the ring, she cried. It's definitely the one. It was the perfect transaction and I can't recommend IDJ enough, now I can't wait to go back and figure out what wedding band I'm going to get! Also, I can't stop thinking about a pair of RB earrings, uh oh.

Proposal number two was expected, after dinner at Shake Shack in Madison Sq Park we meandered around the path and she got back on her knee... I, of course, said yes again and she slid the most perfect ring onto my finger. :appl:

Now, without further ado, the pictures: (apologies, I'm just getting started on taking jewelry photos and I think there are a lot of reflections in the diamond because it looks like there are black spots and lines in the stone but it's crystal clear to the eye.) Wish I could figure out how to capture its incredible sparkle...

Stats:
.61 carats
K color
VVS2
OMC

IMG_6184.jpg

IMG_6138.jpg

mimi72

Shiny_Rock
HEA, it's a gorgeous stone and setting. Many congratulations!!! :appl:

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring. Congratulations on your engagement!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's just beautiful!!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, it's really, really beautiful!!! You made a wonderful choice, the setting and stone are a perfect combination!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring!! The Grace is so beautiful.

Congratulations!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is gorgeous! Beautiful choice! Please post more hand shots ;))
Congratulations on your engagement. Sounds very romantic :))

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement. Your ring is just lovely. Perfect setting. I can't imagine a nicer one.
I have done business with IDJ in the past and have been very satisfied. They are presently making earring jackets for me and I hope that I will be happy with them. I purchased my first piece from them about five years ago -prior to reading about them on this board and then was quite surprised to see IDJ's name pop up so often.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! I am in love with your ring! I can honestly say this because I have a .60ct modern round brilliant in the same setting. I must say that the antique faceting suits the setting perfectly! Enjoy your ring and wear it in good health :wavey:

Edited to say that I just read your proposal story! I was too excited after I saw your pictures that I jumped the gun and posted early. Thanks, I am giddy that you remembered my ring :appl:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's stunning!!! Congrats

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, congratulations on your engagement!

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous stone and perfect setting! Congratulations on your engagement.

HappyEverAfter

Rough_Rock
Thank you, thank you! Will get some hand shots today and post them later.

I'm so smitten with the ring, I can't stop staring at my hand in different lighting situations, haha. The elevator and office bathroom are particularly dazzling. :lol:

@akmiss- I couldn't forget your ring ;-)... It's stunning (though now I'm obv biased) :halo:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! Congratulations! That setting is perfect for the stone. Does your fiancee have a ring too, and if so, pics of it too?

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
So happy for you! Congratulations it's beautiful!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful! :love: The Grace is one of my favorite halo rings!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your proposal sounded awesome, so romantic and perfect! But your e-ring, WOW!!! It's beyond gorgeous!! HUGE congrats to you and your FI!! :love: :love: :love:

HappyEverAfter

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone! I couldn't be more thrilled about the perfect partner, the perfect proposal and the perfect ring. I'm positively giddy.

I took some (ok, a lot) of hand shots today... Excuse my chubby fingers and gel manicure currently in week 3 (yikes) because I haven't made it to the nail salon yet (oops).

As for her ring, haven't purchased yet. Looking for something super simple, a wedding band with about .3 princess cut stone set within the band. She originally didn't want a diamond but after seeing mine it seems she can't resist :naughty: . Will likely use IDJ again but they don't actually have anything like it in stock and while she's tried the style on at other places she's weary of buying without trying. I'm working on her though... A ring is always the most perfect when it's been made for you. Ha!

ring18.jpg

lovelovelovelovelove.jpg

chubyhands.jpg

-1_0.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous - lovely hand shots - thanks!

Give Luann or Yekutiel a call and tell them what you want. 3 x .3 princess cuts and see what they send back as options. Check out uniquesettings.com and they can also order stock settings from there for you as well.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, beautiful ring! Congrats!

kathness

Shiny_Rock
This is a beautiful ring! :)

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
I love the stone, the ring, the story, everything! It's gorgeous!
I'm also envious that you got TWO romantic proposals! Congratulations!

Abbys_Mommy

Rough_Rock
I love your ring. I have a .60 rb that I think needs a pretty setting like this. Any idea how wide your halo is in mm??

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is lovely, and so wonderful that you used your grandmother's stone. Congratulations!!

Trasid

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is extra special and extra beautiful. Congratulations to you! When you find a ring for your FI be sure to post those too.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
It's stunning! Perfect choice.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results