shape
carat
color
clarity

My Gorgeous Oval Reset!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

OvalBauble

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I posted a while ago (https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/e-w-oval-reset-or-e-w-oval-diamond-possibly-eternity-band.93225/) about how my 4 prong cathedral setting for my oval was getting in the way at work. I was finally relagated to putting it on my necklace each day - GASP! So I set out to find a new cost efficient setting that would allow me to be able to wear it on MY HAND everday (and of course if you''re resetting at least a couple of little diamonds on the side wouldn''t hurt). After a lot of fruitless local jewelry searching ( I DO NOT RECOMMEND JOINT VENTURE ESTATE JEWELRY in CARY - they were rude to me, after they were the one who doubled their originial custom quote!!!), I ended up in my hometown of Winston Salem, NC at Camel Pawn Shop. Ron Clein has helped my stepdad (and me as his assistant) pick out jewelry for my mom several times before. We were able to combine a couple of his in-stock Martin Flyer styles to make a beautiful custom piece (sent to Martin Flyer - who did the work). Although, I''m not generally a trendy person, and originally shied away from halo''s at first, I was thrilled with the price I was quoted. And the ring came out even better than expected, and the service from Ron and Camel Pawn Shop was top notch.

Lesson learned don''t ever go anywhere but a pawn shop, and its always better to do business with some who knows you and has your best interests at heart!!!

ashleycollage.jpg

mrsv

Brilliant_Rock
Very neat! I would not have even known Pawn shops did custom work or worked with big designers!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh, that is just lovely! A very elegant setting with a twist. In some of your shots, it looks almost round - is it a fat oval, or are the pictures being distorted as you post? ''Cause, me, I will take any excuse to see more of that lovely ....

OvalBauble

Rough_Rock
The ratio is about 1.4 length to width, so its I guess about average, to slightly squatty for an oval.
The dimensions are 8.21x5.8x3.51

Maybe distortion...

I''m just an amateur photographer, but will definitely post more pictures. I forgot to show the inside of the ring, mostly because I don''t like taking it off, it took about a month from dropping it off to getting back, and I felt naked the whole time!!!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Looks very pretty! I bet your thrilled to have your ring on your finger at work again!!!!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fabulous ring, love it!

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
It''s GORGEOUS!
30.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Lovely!

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
OHH! I like it a lot!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!! I''m loving the new ovals popping up around here. This one is a stunner!!!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well now that is a beautiful ring!!!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty, the halo really makes your diamond look huge. Glad you had such a great experience at the pawn shop.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!
36.gif

mommy2iz

Brilliant_Rock
love it!!!!!! congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love those bezel halos! Enjoy!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
LOVE THAT!!! Very beautiful!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
What an interesting new setting--you don''t see many of those around! It''s very pretty, and it does a great job highlighting your stone. I''d love to see some pics from the top if you have any.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Cool reset! Thanks for the pawn shop tip
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results