shape
carat
color
clarity

E/W Oval Reset or E/W Oval Diamond (Possibly Eternity) Band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

OvalBauble

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

I''ve been lurking but couldn''t find the answers I was looking for, so thats where you come in! My husband and I love my D SI1 1.05ct Oval and can''t part with it. Its currently set N/S in an Ingwer cathedral (4 prong) with matching 3mm plain band. I get compliments all the time that its sparkle caught people''s eye and they always think its bigger than a carat! At my job, I wear fairly tight fitting gloves most of my 10hr day, and it will break through. So it ends up around my neck with my other piece of bling a half carat princess diamond solitaire.

I''ve thought about:
A) resetting it into a lower profile smooth setting like half bezel, or tension that will fit with my wedding bad.

B) finding a very pretty band w/ small E/W ovals to wear alone, that when combined will fit flush with my e-ring.

The problem, as I''m sure you know, oval''s are pretty rare - so other than searching the entire internet for anyplace that might have an item like this in stock, I thought I might ask the experts. So show me what you got, if I have to go the custom route I''d prefer not to have to draw it myself!!!

Thanks in advance!

OvalBauble

Rough_Rock
I found this but got no response from the website I found it under... For it to fit me, it would also need to be made in 14K YG made to size 8.5, plus I''d like to know the measurements, carat wt and quality info

apovalpossibility.jpg

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Well... I would vote for option 1 but I''m very biased; I have a low set semi-bezel e-ring for exactly the reason you mentioned- I wear gloves all day and can''t risk ripping them. In three years I''ve only ripped one, and I think it was already defective. I''ve seen an oval semi-bezel with a 1ish ct amethyst and loved the look so much I briefly considered trading in my stone for an oval.

So that is my completely based input! I think a half eternity band of wee ovals would also be very cool, but I don''t know how easy it is to source smaller ovals of high quality.

OvalBauble

Rough_Rock
Do you have up close pics of yours, you must be a sports nut like, with the stadium in the picture!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Nah, I just changed that today. I like baseball, but I wouldn't go so far as 'nut' status.

Here's my Bluekeet's Gabrielle. These are all rounds, I'll see if I can dig up an oval too.

ETA: Oval bezels this is a mix of n/s and e/w. The third one is great.

mercnew.jpg

OvalBauble

Rough_Rock
I actually saw this in person at a jewelry/pawn shop, I just wish it were oval. Does anybody know who makes it? I saw where its been posted in another thread here...

Thanks,
Ashley

wishitwereoval.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results