shape
carat
color
clarity

My GOOD OLD GOLD August Vintage Cushion!

DvotedMOMMY

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone!

I've been reading the PS forums for a while now, and just recently joined! :bigsmile:

I just wanted to add my new Beautiful GOG AVC, it is a 1.28ct K VS2, and it is ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!!
My BF (though I haven't refered to him as that in a while) and I have been together for 10 yrs, and we always talked of getting married, and I would tease him and say that I'd want to wait until we could afford at least a 1ct diamond! Haha! But I wanted kids, and couldn't wait, so of course it wasnt easy trying to save for the ring when you have 2 beautiful boys to spoil!

But anyways,,, We finally decided to make it happen, and I was looking for my "Dream Ring"! LOL! Problem was,,, My dream ring was an antique cushion with a micro-pave halo & shank, and there is NOTHING in lil ol' RI like that! When I asked most of the jewelers around me for a "Cushion Cut",,, they looked at me like I had 2 heads! haha!

So I ventured back on PS to view all the beauties I fell in love with in these forums, and find out where they came from! So... I kept hearing the term Good Old Gold & Mark Turnowski... I looked each of them up,, and first was suprised that GOG, was the guy from all the videos I watched on Youtube forever! I couldnt believe it!
But anyhow,,, Long story short,, we ended up with a BEAUTIFUL 1.28ct K VS2 AVC from GOG!! Here it is!! What do you guys think??? :bigsmile:

Kims128KVS21.JPG

Kims128KVS22.JPG

Kims128KVS23.JPG

Kims128KVS2inBox1.JPG

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone :love: How will you set it?

DvotedMOMMY

Rough_Rock
Thank you! ;))

We are shipping it off to Mark T. from ERD tomorrow! SO EXCITED!!!

Mark is custom making a delicate micro-pave setting for me, with a micro-pave halo & shank,,, a lot like most of the BEAUTIFUL Cushion Halo rings listed on here,, which I fell in love with!! Some what of a Harry Winston inspired,,, but we are going to add a few tweaks! Hehe! Mark is such a pleasure to deal with,, and creates stunning, quality pieces, at almost half the cost of some of the crazy quotes I received from some other big names...

I also like to mention that Jonathan from Good Old Gold ROCKS! He went above and beyond to help us out! After my BF purchased the stone, he made us a solo video of it so I could show it off!! hehe! I wish I could add the youtube video, but I'm guessing I cant as I've seen other get removed... He's AWESOME!!! GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

I will try to add the link to the specs! :))

legra

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous - well worth the wait! Can't wait to see it in its final setting. Congrats! :appl:

DvotedMOMMY

Rough_Rock
legra said:
Gorgeous - well worth the wait! Can't wait to see it in its final setting. Congrats! :appl:

Awwee... Thanks! ;))

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DvotedMOMMY

Rough_Rock
I know us PS love us some pics!! (Hehe!) Here is a few more... most are indoor night shots,,, It was a gloomy day today!

309.JPG

Kims128KVS2Crown.JPG

Kims128KVS24.JPG

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Can't wait to see the finished ring. The stone is gorgeous! Very exciting! :appl: :love: :appl:

DvotedMOMMY

Rough_Rock
tigian said:
Can't wait to see the finished ring. The stone is gorgeous! Very exciting! :appl: :love: :appl:
Thank you!

I cant wait either!! LOL!! haha

DvotedMOMMY

Rough_Rock
These pics really do it NO JUSTICE!! LOL

If anyone cares to see some of it TRUE beauty,,, you can look up the video of it on Youtube,,, Just do a search for
AVC128KVS2 (It should be from DiamondInfoMan-Whos none other than THE "RHINO" himself!! Hehe! :sun:

Also, if anyone could help,, Have any of you shipped your stone to a jeweler to be set?? Mark T. of ERD was very nice enough to email me shipping labels, paid and insured by him,,, but my BF is nervous about it not being in our name, and having no proof that we shipped our diamond.

Does anyone have any info on their shipping experience?? It'd really help!
Thank you!

mommy2nk

Shiny_Rock
I am loving these August Vintage Cushions. I hadn't been on pricescope in quite awhile and when I came back I started seeing AVC's. The may have been on here way back but I was more obsessed with asschers at the time. I am seriously considering getting one someday. The are just stunning. I look forward to seeing you ring once it is set!

piratefan

Shiny_Rock
Sorry I am no help about the shipping, just wanted to drop in and tell you how absolutely stunning your new AVC is! Congrats on making your dream ring happen and can't wait to see completed ring pics!!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
beautiful diamond-congratulations!

for shipping, you can either go USPS registered insured mail or use the labels provided by ERD (I am assuming these are FedEx labels?) I have shipped both ways with no problem. FedEx overnight is quicker than US registered mail but both methods will work. If you ship registered mail make sure to put it in a fairly large box and pack it so it doesn't rattle. If shipping FedEx ERD should supply instructions (BGD had me pack it in one box inside another box)

can't wait to see the finished product and congratulations on getting your diamond!!

DvotedMOMMY

Rough_Rock
slg47 said:
beautiful diamond-congratulations!

for shipping, you can either go USPS registered insured mail or use the labels provided by ERD (I am assuming these are FedEx labels?) I have shipped both ways with no problem. FedEx overnight is quicker than US registered mail but both methods will work. If you ship registered mail make sure to put it in a fairly large box and pack it so it doesn't rattle. If shipping FedEx ERD should supply instructions (BGD had me pack it in one box inside another box)

can't wait to see the finished product and congratulations on getting your diamond!!

Yes, ERD emailed me FedEx labels,, but my BF was just concerned that our name, nor address was on the labels,,, they are "Return" labels, which look like the item originally came from Mark, and was being returned to him..., but no info about it being ours,, you know what I mean? My Fiance said, he understands hes a well-known jeweler, and is not saying it will be stollen,, but just thinking about safety, and there is no evidence that we own the diamond one we ship it.. Its just concerning... We CAN ship it ourselves for $59 through USPS,,, and then we have some sort of security,, but I'm wondering if its even neccessary to waste $60!! I've learn on here that Mark is very trust-worthy... And my BF believes it... Our tiny issue, is it is all from PSers that have purchased their diamond from him,,, we are sending him ours,,, and have to just hope & trust him. Guess its just a bit scary! lol.. Its not like we have money to buy another one!! GEEZZZ!! I might have to wait another 10 yrs!! hahahahaha! :lol:

Supers

Shiny_Rock
What a beauty!
I have a 1.28 J AVC - but I think mine is more rectangular.
Would love to set yours set...

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
It's fabulous, congrats! :appl:

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
absolutely stunning!!!! I'm so happy that you're finally getting your dream ring :bigsmile: That's awesome!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's beautiful! Congrats! Can't wait to see the setting and some hand shots!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!!! Love the fire! :love:

Please come back with hand shots after it's set. I'm sure it will be beautiful!

And I fully understand about the time it takes to save for that special stone and setting when you have kids to spoil. ;-) I'd have a big honker on my finger by now if I didn't have kids. But as any parent knows, there isn't a ring out there worth more then the love of a child. :))

I don't mind saving and waiting (well, most of the time anyways :bigsmile: ).

Congratulations on your dream ring!

Cachette :))

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Stunning stone!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on purchasing a gorgeous diamond.

I'd use the ERD FedEx labels to mail the diamond to Mark. As I understand it, you would then fall under his business insurance should the package go astray. You will have problems getting adequate insurance as a private individual. You have the paperwork from GOG to show that you own the diamond. Insurance while the package is in transit is the issue here.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fly Girl said:

I'd use the ERD FedEx labels to mail the diamond to Mark. As I understand it, you would then fall under his business insurance should the package go astray. You will have problems getting adequate insurance as a private individual. You have the paperwork from GOG to show that you own the diamond. Insurance while the package is in transit is the issue here.

Agree with FLy Girl.

Whenever I can, I alway use the vendors prepaid label, as they have their insurance plan in place, plus it gets to them next day.

Beautiful Rock!

DvotedMOMMY

Rough_Rock
Fly Girl said:

So you used their labels, and your name wasnt on them either?? So you also sent them your stone with no proof?? Now I'll have some proof for the "Soon-to-Be-Fiance! lol I could ship it USPS fully insured, for $59,,, and its take 2-3 days to get there! I preffer the overnight!

I do have the paperwork from GOG,,, but god forbid something happened to it,, I dont have proof that I shipped it, nor that it ever left my possesion. Even though it is insured by ERD, its insured to them, not me. I guess my BF is just a little worried about sending a $5K item to a stranger, without any proof! LOL :roll:

@ Everone else,,, Thank you for the nice comments! I love it too! I will definately keep everyone updated with the setting process,, and OF COURSE PICS!!! :bigsmile:

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous diamond!!!

DvotedMOMMY

Rough_Rock
@ PIRATEFAN: BOY!! I see you are the lucky owner of a BEAUUUTIFUL AVC also!!! Your icon pic is GORRRGEOUS!!! 8)

piratefan

Shiny_Rock
DvotedMOMMY said:
@ PIRATEFAN: BOY!! I see you are the lucky owner of a BEAUUUTIFUL AVC also!!! Your icon pic is GORRRGEOUS!!! 8)

Haha Thanks ::) I love how your excitement just POPS right off the screen!! :D Its exactly how I felt when I saw mine for the first time :cheeky: Your AVC is sooo beautiful, cant wait to see it set in a Harry Winston-esque setting with your added tweaks :naughty: Its gonna be BLINGTASTIC!! :sun:

DvotedMOMMY

Rough_Rock
So I shipped my rock off to Mark T. @ ERD today,, he will receive it tomorrow,, and then its off to designing my Dream Ring!!! Yaaayy!!! :appl:

I will miss my little beauty for a while,, but I took more pics today, so I can 8) Googly eye them!! lolol

I will post them, because the others were at night, and not so great!

I'll be back with the Cads once I get them! I'm still suprised Mark told me the ring would be done in 2 1/2 weeks! That sounds TOO good to be true!! LOL Then again,, the BF said I will not see it until he pops the question!!! hahaha! (but I know him,,, he cant even EVER wait til my B day or Christmas to give me my gifts,, so I DOUBT he'll wait to give me my Dream Ring!!! lololol :bigsmile:

I'll keep everyone updated!! ;))

Thanks again for all the wonderful comments!

DvotedMOMMY

Rough_Rock
BETTER PICS!!!! =)

128KVS2CellPicFire.JPG

128KVS2CellPicPastels.JPG

Kims128VS2Angle.JPG

Kims128KVS2FaceUp.JPG

DvotedMOMMY

Rough_Rock
Last one for now!! (Hehe!) :bigsmile:

Kims128KVS2Pastels.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results