shape
carat
color
clarity

MY FIRST TRIGGER PULL

Upfront, I need to state that I wanted to buy online only inside Europe, so my field was limited. However, the last weeks I have spent many hours every day on Edward Bristol's wildfishgems.com and I'm totally hooked, his site is sooo deep, he has hours of audio-books which I listened to while surfing his photos and read his funny and honest comments, In Europe there is nothing remotely comparative, even with all the great sites in the US I am not sure. I know he is crazy expensive sometimes especially on semi-prescious it seems to me, but I got 33% discount on his newsletter sales, minus 5% bankdiscount and if you count that we 25% salestax on imports here, I bought this stone:

http://www.wildfishgems.com/inc/sdetail/unheated_ceylon_sapphire_1_87/10826/20427

for $2650 though I want to make a new report when and if I like the stone. Thats not expensive for an unheated pink sapphire is it? Even if some Asian sites are cheaper I can't be bothered with the customs hassle and risk and I'm fine to pay for all the hours I enjoyed myself on his site, plus he talked me through a few gems last week. Great fun.

I'm now on needles and pins waiting for the gem and if it is as good as the images or not, I will report again.

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The vendor's hand shot is really gorgeous, lots of sparkle and pretty pastel colours. I hope that you love it when it arrives!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks very pale but if that's what you are looking for and if you love it, that's what counts.

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Is that not CRAZY EXPENSIVE for an unheated pink of that colour? It's a pretty colour (soft/pastel) but the price no way matches the colour??

The handshot shows barely any pink at all! Surely more cost effective to go for a morganite, they are exactly this colour?

Morganite, morganite? In my sapphire collection? I am going to collect the main sapphire colors, say a dozen over the year, one every month, this peachy pink was my first. It came yesterday. Next is whatever I can get, hot pink or green-blue, I'm free to pick whatever color I can get. Nice project, huh? Anybody envious?
Gem report: Totally glorious and, redspinel, for 900euro/carat not expensive from my point. I'm not terribly price-sensitive as long as I get good quality which this is undoubtedly. Its just clear, beautiful sparkly at first sight, gave me warm shower feeling and still is after some study. I will try and make photos which is probably going to be a challenge. I got a lens in my package too, like a Christmas box it was, so I can see, or rather cannot see any inclusions at all. The color is just like a peach and its totally glittery. I seen nothing like it in Bangkok, though I mainly looked blue. I got a signed version of Ed's first book, and a few other helpful goodies. I will try to buy somewhere else to have comparison but the only new one I found it the www.edelsteine.at which I will also post in the EU-vendor list.
I will not set these gems, uhm, or will I? Perhaps when it goes to inheritance I will have them set, but for now it is just collection.
OFF to photos......

Re: MY FIRST TRIGGER PULL - Buyers photos

After long and hard-fought battle with technology I came up with five images. Except for one I tried to imitate the vendors photo positions for better comparison. I see very little purple in the pink, rather I would think it is orange but what do I know... however, it is just the bright pink peachy color I expected, but especially in low indoors light the gem becomes almost pink rose colored, and still sparkling very beautiful with the full luster, but my camera (phone) could not capture that at all. I followed Ed's advice and looked at it with only a half dozen candles around - lovely. My wife might demand settings. Letting her hand-modelling was a strategic mistake of mine that might come costly, but I could not manage to juggle phone and stone at the same time. I hope this image stuff now really works and you will actually see photos and not links, but I must try, good God, I feel so out of touch with modern e-tech, my granddaughter can teach me... here we go:

myfisrstpinkspawildfishimage1.jpg
myfisrstpinkspawildfishimage5.jpg
myfisrstpinkspawildfishimage4.jpg
myfisrstpinkspawildfishimage2.jpg myfisrstpinkspawildfishimage3.jpg

Comments welcome. Also on how to make better photos because the gem is much nicer in person.

Re: MY FIRST TRIGGER PULL - Buyers photos

After long and hard-fought battle with technology I came up with five images. Except for one I tried to imitate the vendors photo positions for better comparison. I see very little purple in the pink, rather I would think it is orange but what do I know... however, it is just the bright pink peachy color I expected, but especially in low indoors light the gem becomes almost pink rose colored, and still sparkling very beautiful with the full luster, but my camera (phone) could not capture that at all. I followed Ed's advice and looked at it with only a half dozen candles around - lovely. My wife might demand settings. Letting her hand-modelling was a strategic mistake of mine that might come costly, but I could not manage to juggle phone and stone at the same time. I hope this image stuff now really works and you will actually see photos and not links, but I must try, good God, I feel so out of touch with modern e-tech, my granddaughter can teach me... here we go:

myfisrstpinkspawildfishimage1.jpg
myfisrstpinkspawildfishimage5.jpg
myfisrstpinkspawildfishimage4.jpg
myfisrstpinkspawildfishimage2.jpg myfisrstpinkspawildfishimage3.jpg

Comments welcome. Also on how to make better photos because the gem is much nicer in person.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Easiest lighting condition: strong diffused sunlight (shut off camera flash).

Chrono|1479472485|4100113 said:
Easiest lighting condition: strong diffused sunlight (shut off camera flash).

Thanks, Chrono, I tried and tried but with no success. The material that diffuses the sunlight seems to change the color of the gem (as the camera 'sees' it) If I use white curtain I get a bluish tint, every material seems to change the wavelengths somehow. But perhaps, as Edward explained to me, light pink is just so sensitive on photo. I noticed it picks up even my haircolor (grey-blond). I will try again with a darker color.

As a post-sales goody I got my first rainforest certificate from Wild Fish. Next time I will have it made out in my grand-kids names and have an extra Christmas present. On the way I also learned the difference between JPEG and PDF!

wltcertificaterainforest.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results