shape
carat
color
clarity

My first sapphire project....with Jeff White!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH DB, your sapphire turned out GORGEOUS
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Jeff did a beautiful job, it looks fantastic. I can''t wait to see your stone set now.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
ABSOLUTELY AMAZING.....ONE OF MY MOST FAVORITE COLORS!!!
30.gif

Lori

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW!!!! It looks AWESOME!!!!! I can''t wait to see what you do with it!!!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
wow, nicely done Jeff! Kept the fabulous shape, SIZE, and color. Got rid of some extinction, and added a little life. Gorgeous sapphire!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was waiting to comment until I saw the stone recut! It was Beautiful before............But it is DROP DEAD GORGEOUS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

JW ROCKS!

It turned out gorgeous!

LS

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh!!!!!! That turned out amazingly gorgeous Diana! Wow! It''s STUNNING!!!!!!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
WOWZA! What a beautiful difference!!!
30.gif

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
compromise!!! It''s stunning![/b]

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
I need a little more caffeine this morning - I post asking if anyone''s heard anything or if anyone''s working on anything with Jeff White and 2 threads down is this post with his name in the subject line.

WOW! I need to work on waking up a bit more before I hit send in the morning. :)

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
So I came back to look at it again...and it''s STILL

DROOLWORTHY
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

LS

DianaBanana

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much for all your comments - I''ve wanted a beautiful sapphire all of my adult life and thanks to PS and all you lovely ladies, I''ve finally got one!!

Thanks especially to you LostSapphire, your threads on looking for a sapphire were very helpful - thanks also for recommending the re-cut rather than leaving the stone as is.....good call!
1.gif

I should have the stone next week and then real fun starts....
9.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2009 3:45:12 PM
Author: DianaBanana
Thank you so much for all your comments - I''ve wanted a beautiful sapphire all of my adult life and thanks to PS and all you lovely ladies, I''ve finally got one!!

Thanks especially to you LostSapphire, your threads on looking for a sapphire were very helpful - thanks also for recommending the re-cut rather than leaving the stone as is.....good call!
1.gif

I should have the stone next week and then real fun starts....
9.gif
I was clapping wildly when you said you were having him recut it! I didn''t want in any way to bully you into it but I KNEW he could make it even more beautiful than it already was!!

IT IS GORGEOUS.

now, onto the RING!!!

LS

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, he did a terrific job, as usual!
30.gif
It is gorgeous! Can''t wait to see it set!
36.gif

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/15/2009 3:06:08 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
tioDate: 2/15/2009 2:12:18 PM

Author: DianaBanana

I''m just waiting to hear back from Jeff regarding the stone''s current size - he did tell me that it''s unheated and the price is great.
36.gif

I know that color is subjective and a personal choice......however....what are your thoughts on the coor?

It''s not top gem color, but it''s a very nice colored sapphire. It also depends on the pricepoint, and truthfully, it''s so difficult to tell from one picture. I just hope it doesn''t go extinct in various light setups. I would also ask Jeff not only about tha about that, but the saturation and if there is any grey modifier. Is it Ceylon or Madagascar material? Just curious.

I''m still learning about sapphires so forgive me my ignorance: what exactly is "top gem" color for a sapphire??

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/2/2009 8:26:29 PM
Author: LostSapphire
Date: 4/2/2009 8:24:16 PM

Author: the rube

I''m still learning about sapphires so forgive me my ignorance: what exactly is ''top gem'' color for a sapphire??

This link might help: http://crossjewelers.com/sapphire/HowToBuyAsapphire.htm

Thanks, LostSapphire...very good information. But I guess the better question probably was: why isn''t HER stone considered "top" gem color?????

LS

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2009 8:56:31 PM
Author: the rube

Date: 4/2/2009 8:26:29 PM
Author: LostSapphire

This link might help: http://crossjewelers.com/sapphire/HowToBuyAsapphire.htm

Thanks, LostSapphire...very good information. But I guess the better question probably was: why isn't HER stone considered 'top' gem color?????

LS
I don't know about that comment. The colour is gorgeous, in my opinion, but I'm not a gem expert like others here. For my sapphire, I just used the cross jewelers page as a reference for Jeff White: we aimed for the middle of the spectrum as close as we could.
LS

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The semi-recut is excellent; it looks more brilliant while the size remains the same and carat weight loss is so little. Kudos to Jeff. He''s da MAN!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results